Mentor
    05-26-2011, 10:50 AM #1

Stern's Million-Man March!

From Spencer's main-page article today (5/26):

"Sirius XM contends that they do not owe Stern any bonuses above and beyond what they have already paid. The company is seeking Summary Judgement. The company offered up several documents including a statement of facts that outlined some interesting things. One of those items of interest is that only 9% of XM’s subscribers (about 1 million) subscribed to “The Best of Sirius”. The other 9 million had no access to the Howard Stern show."

http://siriusbuzz.com/a-deeper-look-...t.php#comments

Mentor
    05-26-2011, 10:54 AM #2
    "The war is coming," warned Stern. "It isn't over yet. The internet is coming to the car! There’s one thing that separates this company from these other companies that offer music for free—ME!” - Howard Stern
    oh really??

better check your math Howard

Mentor
    05-26-2011, 10:56 AM #3

It's just a "Business Argument"

btw, I hope no one here takes offense that I am pointing out these facts . . .

I'm not upset with Howard personally . . . we're just having a "business argument," right Howard?

Mentor
    05-26-2011, 03:24 PM #4
    "But the real surprise, several of my sources with knowledge of the dispute tell me, is that Mel is the driving force behind Sirius XM’s position that Howard is owed no additional compensation. Even more of a shocker, they claim Karmazin was never happy with the original Stern/Sirius- $80 million a year in cash and $20 million in stock to program two channels starting in 2006 as well as bounties if Sirius’ subscriptions passed certain milestones -- negotiated before Mel arrived. And, here's the real stunner from my sources: allegations that Mel didn't take care of Howard financially as well as the world believes: “Mel Karmazin does a much better job of taking care of Mel Karmazin than most other Sirius shareholders,” accuses one of my sources."

http://www.deadline.com/2011/05/howa...mazin-its-war/

Legend
    12-03-2017, 08:23 PM #5
    In December 2015, Stern signed a five-year contract extension which will give him $90 million a year. Seven and a half million dollars a month just to talk for a few hours, three days a week. Outrageous!

SiriusXM CEO Jim Meyer confirmed recently that Howard Stern videos will be part of the new SiriusXM app coming in 2018. The app was first announced two years ago but its launch has been delayed several times.