Page 1 of 2 12
    Legend
    03-17-2018, 09:58 PM #1

WARNING: Scam phone ad #25.....and counting

Today on Sirius Buzz, another scam phone ad was posted. This makes 25 different screen names, 25 new threads started and 25 scam phone ads posted in the past four months. The scam ads have been posted in the political forum, the talk forum, the satellite hardware forum and several others. I believe all these scam ads are coming from the same person. Most of them offer iPhones or Samsung Galaxy phones, usually in bulk, like 10 or 20. Today's scam ad offers 20 Galaxy S9 phones for $11,740 -- because the scammer knows that the average person is likely to have 12,000 extra dollars to spend and is likely to buy 20 phones at a time, right?

Every few days, the scammer creates a new account, always with a screen name made by tapping random letters on a keyboard. The latest names are "lulrydyr" and "lqlqlqlqlq" and "iiaticuyts" and now "asilbikin." Then he starts a new thread with an ad for the phones. Are the phones stolen? Are they fake knockoffs? I have no way of knowing. But nothing about the ads or the scammer's methods suggest legitimacy and he's using Sirius Buzz as a source of free advertising.

Please, everyone, do not open the scam ads. Don't read them and definitely do not order any of the phones. If you want a new phone, get it from a reputable dealer, not from a scammer who hides behind fake screen names and offers to sell 10 or 20 phones at a time.
    Last edited by Rewind; 03-17-2018 at 10:09 PM.

Legend
    03-18-2018, 09:37 PM #2
    Today we have a new scam phone ad posted by "peabillmer." The scammer has now created 26 fake names and 26 Sirius Buzz accounts and posted 26 scam phone ads among the various forums.

I can not say this often enough: Do not open the scammer's threads, do not read his scam phone ads and do not buy phones from him. A reputable, legitimate phone dealer would not create fake names on a radio discussion site and would not keep posting scam ads offering to sell phones in lots of 10, 20 or 30. The phones offered by the scammer are likely stolen or counterfeit.

Legend
    03-20-2018, 02:56 PM #3
    Today the scammer is "engimnk" and he started another new thread, his 27th so far, and posted another scam phone ad. This time he's offering phones in lots of five. I'm guessing that nobody has taken the scammer up on his previous offers to sell phones 10 at a time, 20 at a time or 30 at a time. Again, no reputable phone dealer will create fake accounts on a radio discussion site and offer to sell huge quantities of phones, phones which may be stolen or counterfeit. Please, everyone, do not open the scammer's threads and do not read the scammer's ads.

Legend
    03-22-2018, 12:31 PM #4
    Scam phone ad #28 has been posted. It's from another new Sirius Buzz member, "kiyasduel" -- obviously the same scammer who is responsible for the previous 27 scam phone ads. Again I say: Do not open the scammer's threads and do not read the scammer's ads. If you want a new phone, get it from a legitimate reputable dealer, not from a scammer who hides behind fake names, uses a radio discussion site for free advertising and offers phones, possibly stolen or counterfeit, in lots of five, 10, 15, 20 or 30 at a time.

Legend
    03-23-2018, 01:23 AM #5
    New scam phone ads are appearing on Sirius Buzz almost daily now. The scammer just started his 29th fake account, this time using the name "eaqbigle," and he's hoping to con someone into buying ten phones at a time, phones which may be stolen or counterfeit. Please don't open the scammer's threads or read the scammer's phone ads. Purchase phones from a legitimate reputable dealer, not from the scammer. I'm guessing any gullible schmuck who is dumb enough to pay this scammer for phones will just lose his money and never even receive any phones. They're likely stolen or counterfeit, anyway.

Legend
    03-24-2018, 01:23 PM #6
    Today at 3:35 AM, the scammer created his 30th fake account and his 30th fake screen name ("viralhj"), opened his 30th new thread and posted his 30th scam phone ad. He always always offers the phones in lots of five, 10, 20 or 30 and they are likely stolen or counterfeit. No legitimate reputable dealer would ever hide behind fake screen names, use a radio discussion site as a source of free advertising and peddle phones in lots of as many as 30. I can not understand why so many people here are opening the scammer's threads and reading the scammer's ads. I hope no one has actually ordered phones from the scammer. Anyone who is dumb enough and gullible enough to send money to the scammer will likely never even receive any phones. He will lose his money and will have learned a valuable lesson: Never do business with a scammer. Be forewarned and be smart: Do not open the scammer's threads and do not read the scammer's ads!

Legend
    03-25-2018, 01:34 AM #7
    Tonight we have another "new member" -- "orqhklop" -- and another new thread with another scam phone ad. This makes 31 so far. Charles says the ads are coming from bots and he is trying to block them but the ads keep appearing, almost every day now.

I am probably as tired of posting my warnings as everyone else is of reading them. Pleasepleaseplease quit opening the phone-ad threads. Do not read them. Do not order phones from the scam ads. The phones might be stolen or counterfeit -- and once you remitted a huge sum of money for five, 10, 20 or 30 phones, you might never even receive them. If you want a new phone, get it from a licensed reputable dealer, not from Scammer & Bots, Incorporated.

Legend
    03-26-2018, 01:42 AM #8
    The number of fake names, new threads and new scam phone ads is now 32.......and counting. Today's fake name is "eksubhash." The phones, likely stolen or counterfeit, are being offered in lots of as many as 40. Forty! Yeah, nothing suspicious about that, right? Charles knows the scammer's IP address and is working to block the scam phone ads from being posted here. In the meantime, do not open the phone-ad threads and do not look at the scam phone ads.

And to all the Sirius Buzz members who have joined this site in 2018, feel free to discuss music, movies, sports, politics, the stock market and other subjects. Don't be scared off by the many scam phone ads and my many warnings.

Legend
    03-30-2018, 03:10 PM #9
    WARNING: Scam phone ad #33.....and counting. Today the scammer is using the name "olakcima" and offering 30 Samsung Galaxy phones for $8,070. You all know the warnings. I don't need to repeat them. If you want a new phone, get it from a legitimate dealer, not from a scammer. Ever.

Legend
    03-31-2018, 04:01 PM #10
    Scam phone ad #34 was just posted. The scammer's fake name #34 is "kilsonlow." The phones, likely stolen or counterfeit, are always offered in lots of five, 10, 20, 30 or 40. Send the scammer any money and you might not even receive any phones. Buy phones from legitimate dealers, never from an anonymous scammer who uses Sirius Buzz for free advertising.

Page 1 of 2 12