Page 2 of 9 1234 ...
    05-25-2011, 10:57 PM #11
    Did they say anything to you at all , what it could be ? Now I'm starting to think its nothing to do with my equipment .

Head Honcho
    05-26-2011, 01:41 AM #12
    Someone emailed me today about it too. This is news to me but, it seems as though the issue is widespread. I am going to shoot a tweet at the sirius xm help account. You guys should do the same.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

05-26-2011, 02:12 PM #13
    Tell you all something else I discovered this morning . We get Sirius as well on our Dishnetwork package and the Boneyard and a few other Sirius channels are skipping just like they are doing in the truck . It says they are on Sat 119 but they have to be just uplinking from theirs . Can anyone else that has Sirius on Dish check at least channel 6038 for a bit and see if its 'popping' every 5 or 6 minutes. Sure would be appreciated. It just cannot be a coincidence .

05-26-2011, 10:57 PM #14
    I have had similar problems, especially last weekend (May 20, 21, 22). My signal was breaking up like an old AM radio out of tune. I could hardly listen to it, it was so annoying. It calmed down after that but I still get the "skip" every 5 or 6 minutes since then. I primarily listen to Deep Tracks, but it was apparent that it was on all channels. It happened at work, in the car, and at home in the boom box, so I'm ruling out hardware issues. My wife and I have seperate receivers, and both showed the same symptoms. I was hoping for something like sunspots or severe weather, something that would fix itself.

05-27-2011, 09:01 AM #15
    I started noticing it on Deep Tracks last week. I also hear it on Classic Rewind and Coffee House. It is a pause or "blip" every 90 seconds or so.
    It happens on my Starmate, via the online player, and on my iPhone using the app.

I called Customer Service, but they just walked me through sending a signal to the radio, and they reset my online account, whatever that means. This did not resolve the issue.

I've tested on some other channels, and it has not happened on Howard 100, Underground Garage, Springsteen, and a few others.

Please let us know if you get any usable information from the twitter reply.

Thanks,
    Bill

05-27-2011, 09:15 AM #16
    I am glad I found this thread. This has been driving me nuts for the last week or so. Signal level is great but am getting constant skips/pops in the audio on various channels. It happens to me with all 3 of my Sirius units, land based and car based. It also happens on the Internet listening.

I thought I was going nuts.

I will keep glued to this thread for any updates.

05-27-2011, 10:43 AM #17

same problems

Still no fix for me guys... Customer service keeps saying go to dealer and have them look at it. I told them other ppl on forums are having same problems but still nothing. I also noticed this morning 46 backspin is doing it also and worse then boneyard. So 3 out of my ten presets are skipping ughhhh idk what else to do.

05-27-2011, 10:45 AM #18
    I also contacted customer support this morning . See what they have to say .

05-27-2011, 10:47 AM #19
    Quote Originally Posted by jdnewlin2nd View Post
    Still no fix for me guys... Customer service keeps saying go to dealer and have them look at it. I told them other ppl on forums are having same problems but still nothing. I also noticed this morning 46 backspin is doing it also and worse then boneyard. So 3 out of my ten presets are skipping ughhhh idk what else to do.
    And my dealer says it can't be equipment since its only some channels and doing it randomly

05-27-2011, 02:45 PM #20
    Happening here too. I hear it mainly on 27 Deep Tracks. When I switch one channel up or down to Classic Vinyl or Spectrum, I don't hear it, neither do I hear it while listening to Stern. My guess is that they screwed something up, either with the uplink, or the downlink, when they switched the channels.

Indian tech support was no help obviously. All I need to here is, "Yeah, we know there's a problem and we're working on it", and I can live with that. Instead all I get is an earfull of "we'll send the reset signal."

I'll check some of the other reported problem channels and see if I also hear it on those. So glad I'm on a quarterly sub, this is unacceptable.

Page 2 of 9 1234 ...