Page 1 of 9 123 ...
    05-22-2011, 07:59 PM #1

Anyone having issues with sound 'skipping' ?

I have a JVC XG-700 Sirius ready h/u and a Sirius Connect Vehicle Tuner installed . Its been great for the last year but in the last few months I'm getting , almost like a CD skip , every 5 or 6 minutes . I have tested all modes on the head unit and its just Sirius . Anyone else getting this lately or do I have to dig up my Sirius vehicle tuner and look at it ? Thought I would ask first before I tear the dash apart.

Thanks Kindly

XJ

Head Honcho
    05-23-2011, 11:01 AM #2
    Is it a skip or a dropout? Does it sound like you are missing content or does it sound like it picks up right where it left off? Does it always happen in the same places when you are driving?
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

05-23-2011, 11:46 AM #3
    Thanks for the reply . It doesn't sound like a signal drop out , I know what those are. This happens everywhere . It lasts for a second but its getting annoying . Sometimes it comes back in with a small pop , like a record type pop. I hate to have to buy a new vehicle tuner thing to only find out thats not the issue . And if this were a broadcast thing everyone would be talking about it .

Head Honcho
    05-23-2011, 12:30 PM #4
    Sounds like a loose wire OR short in a wire. If it only happens with Sirius, I would follow all the satellite wires and look for something that loose or chafed.

Is this in a wrangler?
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

05-23-2011, 12:35 PM #5
    No , its my 98 4Runner . The add-on vehicle tuner and interface translator , I mounted them under the console. There was lots a room there and I'm very careful about wires. It is above the transmission though , a lot of heat in that area. I suppose the first step is remove the console and look at it all . I was just curious if perhaps this was a common issue , I'll report back after I tear it all down .

Thanks

Head Honcho
    05-23-2011, 12:44 PM #6
    I dont think its common. I have self installed Sirius setup in my jeep that has been there for 6 years now with no issues. Lots of people complain about drops but, I have never head of skipping. That has loose (or melted now that you mention the heat) wire written all over it. Good luck and please report back... now you have me interested.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

05-23-2011, 12:49 PM #7
    Ya it wont take me long to tear it down , its just a matter of having some warmth out there
    I know about the drop outs but even with those I wouldn't give up my Sirius for anything . Its so great to have good tunes on the forest service roads here and the spots we camp at , way in the back woods . Thanks again and will report back .

05-25-2011, 07:55 PM #8
    I am having this issue, but only while listening to Hits 1. My vehicle is brand new and came equipped so I don't believe your issue is 'wire related'. It's been going on for a couple of days.

05-25-2011, 08:01 PM #9
    Since I posted last I have really been paying attention and playing with different channels ( for a change ) and it seems likes its on the Boneyard , it rarely happens on any other channel , but every few minutes on the Boneyard . Strange . That just happens to be my fav station

05-25-2011, 10:44 PM #10
    FINALLY im not the only one. i have a 2012 mustang that came with sirius and i noticed this skipping a few days ago on the boneyard. the only other channel i have noticed is the country channel 59. i called sirius so many times and they cant fix it. they sent signals they reset my account and its still doing it mainly on boneyard. i dont think this can be a issue with the equipment. this just sucks please anyone who is noticing this right back

Page 1 of 9 123 ...