09-10-2015, 07:58 AM #1

No Network Connection Error - Denon AVR-S900W

Hi All-

I'm having a problem connecting to Sirius through my AVR. When I try to connect through the AVR I receive an error message on screen that states "no network connection". The thing is this, I have a perfect connection. Pandora works just fine through the AVR.

Here are the specifics:
    1. Denon AVR-S900W
    2. Panasonic TC-PU50
    TP-Link AC1750 router
    X-Finity ARRIS TG862 modem
    connection is hard wired not WiFi

Denon connection test confirms connection and IP address and Denon web control is accessed via IP on laptop. DHCP is turned "on". I have unplugged the Denon; the router; the modem and the television. I have done a factory reset on the Denon as well. Firmware on everything is up to date.

I hope that I have given all the pertinent information. If I haven't please ask me. Please help!

09-10-2015, 10:57 PM #2
    I am having the exact same problem since yesterday 9/9/15. I have a Denon 3313CI and have tried the same fixes as gbclowes, but without success. I had just installed a new router, which made me wonder if the problem was there. But I think it might be a problem originating with Sirius. Especially since other internet services such as Pandora are working.

If anyone else has more info or a solution...it would be great to hear. Thanks.
    Last edited by cosdog; 09-10-2015 at 11:04 PM.

09-11-2015, 08:42 AM #3

Fixed

Quote Originally Posted by cosdog View Post
    I am having the exact same problem since yesterday 9/9/15. I have a Denon 3313CI and have tried the same fixes as gbclowes, but without success. I had just installed a new router, which made me wonder if the problem was there. But I think it might be a problem originating with Sirius. Especially since other internet services such as Pandora are working.

If anyone else has more info or a solution...it would be great to hear. Thanks.
    Still having the problem. Does anyone have any ideas?
    Last edited by gbclowes; 09-12-2015 at 10:24 AM.

08-25-2017, 10:20 PM #4

No network connection

I just started having a similar problem with Sirius x3 on Marantz 6007. This worked until recently just keeps saying no network connection. However I amaple to use
    Pandora and Spotify and internet radio.

Any guidance would be appreciated

08-28-2017, 06:55 PM #5
    Quote Originally Posted by ArtJ View Post
    I just started having a similar problem with Sirius x3 on Marantz 6007. This worked until recently just keeps saying no network connection. However I amaple to use
    Pandora and Spotify and internet radio.

Any guidance would be appreciated
    Searching again, and came across my own post from 2 years ago. Having the same problem again...since Friday, same day as this post. I have a new reciever, but still Denon. Since it's happening with another model, I'd say the problem is coming from Sirius. Their service is poor, no matter how I connect, so I'm not surprised. If I'm wrong, and anyone has a solution, please let me know. Thanks.

08-29-2017, 02:45 PM #6
    Up until a few days ago, I was streaming Sirius/XM for hours on end. Now I get a no connection error message. I have reset both my network devices and my 3313ci to factory settings and still get the same error connecting to Sirius. Pandora, MediaPlayer and internet radio all function normally. It's just Sirius that I'm having issues with. I checked my firmware and have the latest update (2016).

I have put out contact e-mails to both Denon and Sirius about this issue and am still waiting for a reply.

Anyone else having this issues?

08-29-2017, 07:37 PM #7
    I just tried SiriusXM online chat, and they directed me to this number 866-463-5326. It's for their Advanced Product Support, something like that. The guy I talked to claimed they have received other complaints about the "No Network Connection" issue and are working on fixing it. I take such statements from tech support lines with a grain of salt, but perhaps it's true...he did actually seem to know what I was talking about. I included the number, so if anyone else is having this problem, please be sure to call them. It seems to me that the more calls they receive, they more likely they are to address the issue. For me it went off Friday 8/25/17 and hasn't worked for 4 days so far. Thanks!

09-03-2017, 10:24 AM #8
    Service was restored on 8/31/17, two days after I called. Seems the answer to the "No Network Connection" issue is to call Sirius, nag, and wait for them to fix it. I find their streaming service to be generally unreliable, so this kind of problem fits the general pattern.