Page 6 of 9 ... 45678 ...
    06-02-2011, 03:16 PM #51

Not to beat a dead horse

I was listening to the pulse on-line and via satellite at the same time last night. The on-line stream was about 15 seconds ahead of the satellite one.

I would hear a dropout on-line, and then 15 seconds later I would hear it come through the satellite broadcast in exactly the same spot.

The pulse was intolerable last night for a good 30 minutes.

---Aaron

06-02-2011, 03:32 PM #52
    I've been home all day today and have been listening to the Boneyard ( via Dishnet Sirius package ) . I have not heard any skips or blips today , so far . Maybe they got it fixed . Anyone else been listening today for an extended period ? Last night I went to the store and OMG it was about the worst I have heard yet , there were parts of songs with 4 or 5 seconds missing and skipping horribly . I thought they must be up to something because of all the 4 and 5 second silent spots. My usual drive to the store is tree and dead spot free so it was transmission related.

As a side note , when I was on the phone with the tech GIRL yesterday , I mentioned I was sure it was transmission related and she said if its transmission thats causing it , you should see a transmission shop ( she was dead serious too ) . I never even responded to her comment LOL.

06-02-2011, 10:17 PM #53
    I listened to Deep Tracks both yesterday morning and this morning for about 30 minutes each time, and it was fine. No skips or blips.
    And it was happening every song on that channel for the last two weeks. That was in the car with the satellite feed. I haven't turned on the online player in a few days.

06-03-2011, 10:35 AM #54
    I've been listening to Boneyard online for about an hour, and it's skipping pretty bad.
    We were in the car all weekend, and noticed it didn't happen on stations that didn't change stations when the switch happened (60s channel specifically), but Boneyard and 1st Wave were skipping so bad we couldn't listen to it.
    Just switched to 1st Wave online, and it's skipping too.
    You'd think since this is a "known issue", they'd send out an email apologizing, and offering a discount or something. Netflix gives you $5 off if it goes out for just 1 night.

06-03-2011, 11:03 AM #55
    There seems to be no pattern. I can go an entire day w/o a problem and then a station becomes unlistenable. I originally thought it was 1 of the 3 birds that had the problem so it would only be present when that one was within range.

I have heard the issues on the pulse, boneyard, classic rewind, hair nation, and 90's on 9. It affects different channels at different times. I will go a couple of days w/o the problem and think they fixed it and then it starts up again.

Hopefully they get it sorted out soon.

I will say that the thing that bothers me MORE than the actual problem is the lack of communication from Sirius. I assume they are worried about people making credit requests, but I would prefer them to come clean on-line and report these issues. I wonder how many people bought new sirius radios after being told the problem was with that via tech support? That is the real crime.

Just be honest. People will generally understand as long as they know the problem is being worked.

---Aaron

06-03-2011, 11:44 AM #56
    Couldn't agree more ! Big companies don't like to admit anything . I was close to buying a new tuner until I did a little looking around on the Net . LOTS of complaints about this issue .

Quote Originally Posted by aaronbrace View Post
    I wonder how many people bought new sirius radios after being told the problem was with that via tech support? That is the real crime.

Just be honest. People will generally understand as long as they know the problem is being worked.

---Aaron

06-04-2011, 11:42 PM #57
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronbrace View Post

I will say that the thing that bothers me MORE than the actual problem is the lack of communication from Sirius. I assume they are worried about people making credit requests, but I would prefer them to come clean on-line and report these issues. I wonder how many people bought new sirius radios after being told the problem was with that via tech support? That is the real crime.

---Aaron
    Well said and I agree completely. I was monitoring Deep Tracks and Boneyard on Thursday and Friday. The problem seemed to have mostly disappeared. I heard a few dropouts, but not very frequently. Maybe they just pushed the problem off on new channels, or maybe they fixed it, or not.. I dunno.

I was thinking last week that a perfect way to handle this would be to have the DJs themselves offer a little apology or joke on the air. A move like this helps unite the listener and the DJ, and it builds goodwill in that we think that Sirius actually cares about us, the paying customers. The way they have been handling it is just the opposite. Sweep it under the rug and maybe nobody will notice. I guess it's just the nature of big corporations nowadays, everyone is so concerned with covering their ass that they are blind to the frustration we feel as customers when our service is FUBAR'd

06-05-2011, 12:05 PM #58
    I heard the problem quite a bit on Rewind last night, but not at all on the Spectrum or Deep Tracks.
    This morning I had to turn off Underground Garage because it was happening every 15-20 seconds. The Spectrum is fine today too.
    I can't stomach another call to Customer Service to have them referesh my online account.

This is all while listening online.

06-06-2011, 11:24 AM #59
    I listened to sirius from my fixed site all weekend. I was listening to it intently and did not hear a single problem on any of the channels that I frequent. It has gone a few days before w/o me hearing the problem, so this may be premature, but I am optimistic.

I know another poster mentioned on-line problems but I generally have those regardless. My Internet connection is often not solid and the Squeezebox I use is not perfect either.

---Aaron

06-06-2011, 11:52 AM #60
    I've not heard any here either , in the last 2 or 3 days .

Page 6 of 9 ... 45678 ...