Guru
    05-10-2011, 09:56 PM #1

Gross boosts wrong-way bet on a bond crash

Havakasha loves Bill Gross. Let's see how much after this article.

"Gross may yet be proven right in his rising-yields bet, of course. U.S. fiscal policy is bonecrushingly stupid and our political institutions have lost an enormous amount of credibility. You'd be a fool to rule out mass flight from Treasuries and the dollar."

http://finance.fortune.cnn.com/2011/...le+Feedfetcher

Legend
    05-11-2011, 12:37 AM #2
    I wouldnt say "i love bill gross". I would say i respect him, though i dont always agree with him
    I would certainly agree with most of what Bill Gross has said in this article. Maybe you and I interpret things differently (I seem to remember you belittling him in the past in relation to your investments. No?)
    I do think that political insitutions have lost an enormous amount of credibility over the past years for many reasons.
    I view President Obama as someone who would like to tackle all the big issues (energy, immigration, debt, manufacturing, jobs, middle east peace etc.) but who is faced with a recalcitrant Republican Party that would
    prefer to damage Obama any way they can (even if it damages our economy)rather than compromise with him to solve problems.I think what the Republican's are doing to threaten the entire world's economy around the issue of the debt limit is but one example of that. There is plenty of blame to go around however.
    I would like to hear more about what Gross's views are on fiscal policy before i could respond to these generalized statements.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 05-11-2011 at 12:52 AM.

Guru
    05-11-2011, 10:26 AM #3
    No, I didn't belittle Gross. Maybe I didn't agree with something just you you claim to do? I still hold a Pimco bond fund in my 401k, although I did reduce it. Maybe I should increase it?

Yes, I would agree that republicans are recalcitrant (big word, I'm impressed), but it works both ways. I know, you don't want to hear it.