Page 1 of 2 12
    Legend
    05-10-2011, 02:24 PM #1

Peter Schiff

Another reason S&L really respects Mr. Schiff. He is a politician. Lmfao

From his website:
    "Tell a friend about Peter-Schiff.com
    Thanks to Peter Schiff for running for the United States Senate. You made a difference in sharing the message of liberty and sound economics to millions of people!

Thank you!

Havakasha: "Oh wow he is for Liberty. Where do i sign up?" LMFAO
    Last edited by Havakasha; 05-10-2011 at 02:30 PM.

Guru
    05-10-2011, 03:23 PM #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    Another reason S&L really respects Mr. Schiff. He is a politician. Lmfao

From his website:
    "Tell a friend about Peter-Schiff.com
    Thanks to Peter Schiff for running for the United States Senate. You made a difference in sharing the message of liberty and sound economics to millions of people!

Thank you!

Havakasha: "Oh wow he is for Liberty. Where do i sign up?" LMFAO
    At his web site, duh.

The discussion is supposed to be Von Mises vs Keynesian economics, but you seem more interested in childish derision. It must be a New York thing.

Seriously gotta go, I'll check back later.

Legend
    05-10-2011, 03:59 PM #3
    Politics mixing with economics? Thats not childish. Childish is that "gay" quote of yours. Actually thats giving you way too much credit.

Peter Schiff is a hack. Predicting a MAJOR stock market crash in January has a lot to do with Von Mises versus Keynesian economics? I dont think so.
    Hyperinflation in U.S. in 2011? Again thats politics mixed with bad economics.

Its all a factual thing. Yeah, New York is big on telling like it is.
    Hasta luego.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 05-10-2011 at 05:49 PM.

Guru
    05-10-2011, 07:57 PM #4
    We'll see on the hyperinflation. All those dollars have to somewhere. It's a factual thing. Remember all those posts? Supply and demand are bad economics. Did you go to college? Maybe, for film school lol. You're a blind democrat unwillling to explore anything different than your own idealogy, and a liar to boot. How's that for telling like it is

Legend
    05-10-2011, 10:50 PM #5
    Can you define hyperinflation for me? And if it doesnt arise in 2011 in the U.S. how will you think of Mr. Schiff then?

Nope. Im not a blind Democrat. That would qualify as a silly comment and lead me to believe you are simply lashing out. I actually have studied a lot of history, politics, and psychology. Never would I follow an economic "expert" (Mr. Schiff) who called for a major crash of the stock market in January of this year and was conpletely wrong. I am educated enough to know that this wild pronouncement has destroyed his credibility.
    "Did you go to College". "Maybe for film school. lol"
    Now that is really funny shit.
    What would you say if I hadnt gone to college Mr. Siriusly elitist snob? lol
    I have a B.A. from a very fine college with a major in Political Science.
    I have a M.F.A (3 year program) from a very fine University in Film production.
    I have travelled almost every continent in this world.

Are those qualifications serious enough so that you will believe i am allowed to have the honor of debating you?
    You're a riot. To the moon S&L.

"Telling it like it is?" Ha. You need to try, try again. That was more like wild lashing out without facts to back you up.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 05-11-2011 at 12:28 AM.

Guru
    05-11-2011, 10:32 AM #6
    You are indeed a rope towing, partisan democrat. That's ok. On the other side, there are rope towing, partisan republicans, they're ok too. How you get them to work together for a greater good remains illusive.

Hyperinflation: there seems to be a lot of talk about it, and from others than Schiff. Have a look.

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...inflation+2011

Legend
    05-11-2011, 01:45 PM #7
    Well i certainly am on the Progressive side of the issues almost all of the time. I dont identify with Party like you think i do.
    You are a rope towing something,and it does seem to have a bias to the right side. i would put you on the Republican side of the ledger even if you dont want to identify with Party. Some of the vitriol you have directed toward Obama is one of the keys to understanding your intuitive core beliefs.

i just wanted you to tell me what hyperinflation is so when it doesnt happen in the U.S. in.2011 you can be forced to respond to Peter Schiff's hyperbole.
    For some reason you just want to believe that he will be right about this.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 05-11-2011 at 01:49 PM.

Guru
    05-11-2011, 01:54 PM #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    Well i certainly am on the Progressive side of the issues almost all of the time. I dont identify with Party like you think i do.
    You are a rope towing something,and it does seem to have a bias to the right side. i would put you on the Republican side of the ledger even if you dont want to identify with Party. Some of the vitriol you have directed toward Obama is one of the keys to understanding your intuitive core beliefs.

i just wanted you to tell me what hyperinflation is so when it doesnt happen in the U.S. in.2011 you can be forced to respond to Peter Schiff's hyperbole.
    For some reason you just want to believe that he will be right about this.
    Wrong. I don't want hyperinflation - get serious. My hope is that our government knows what they are doing and has planned on contingencies. If they can pump trillions of paper dollars into the economy; I certainly hope they can pump them back out.

Legend
    05-11-2011, 02:09 PM #9
    i didnt say you want hyperinflation. I just feel that you believe that Dem. policies will bring it on this year.

Yesterday you seemed to imply that you didnt know if Schiff was going to be right on hyperinlation occuring in the US in 2011
    Therefore i assumed you thought there was a possiblity.

What will you say if Schiff is wrong about his predictions about the stock market and hyperinllation?

Guru
    05-11-2011, 02:15 PM #10
    I think monetary policy has more to do with it than fiscal policy. The Federal Reserve is supposed to be free of politics.

I think Schiff's remarks on the market crashing and immenant hyperinflation have been off the mark. What I have appreciated is a that I learned a different point of view about economics from the guy. Candidly, if you read the book I sent you, you would probably agree that most of it makes sense.

Page 1 of 2 12