Page 5 of 6 ... 3456
    Guru
    05-12-2011, 02:00 PM #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    Once again you manage to misunderstand the "focus on the rich". Its simply a rebalance of an unnatural progression in the last 10 to 15 years. The system has been distorted through lobbyists, corruption and politicians to affect the middle class in a negative way.
    Its all about helping the middle class.

It shouldnt bewilder you AT ALL. Whats been happening the last 10 or more years SHOULd bewilder you.
    Tax Reform is the answer.

"Tax the rich" is all over the place. It's taking hold. People are looking at others insteading looking at themselves. It's a movement and its mantra is indeed, "tax the rich". I see it every day.

What has happened over the last ten years is that we've become a "service economy" that produces nothing. There are empty industrial parks all over the place. They USED to be full of TAX GENERATING businesses.
    Last edited by SiriuslyLong; 05-12-2011 at 02:08 PM.

Legend
    05-12-2011, 02:20 PM #42
    Tax reform and political reform. You seem to have no idea how politics influences who
    gets favored in this society.
    oh boy. You are particularly dense on the "tax the rich" matter.
    Once again. Its about rectifying an imbalance.
    Part of tax reform should be about rebalancing the tax structure.
    Is it really such a big deal to bring the top tax rate back to what it
    was under Clinton? Of course not. Stop exaggerating.
    The "rich" are doing quite well thank you. YOU
    need to spend more time worrying about the middle class.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 05-12-2011 at 02:22 PM.

Guru
    05-12-2011, 02:32 PM #43
    Tax reform and political reform. You seem to have no idea how politics influences who
    gets favored in this society.
    oh boy. You are particularly dense on the "tax the rich" matter.
    Once again. Its about rectifying an imbalance.
    Part of tax reform should be about rebalancing the tax structure.
    Is it really such a big deal to bring the top tax rate back to what it
    was under Clinton? Of course not. Stop exaggerating.
    The "rich" are doing quite well thank you. YOU
    need to spend more time worrying about the middle class.
    I am indeed worried about the middle class. I am the middle class, and it should be pretty clear that I don't want to pay any more taxes.

You know how much cash I've dished out. It's enough. Especially when I live in a 1200 sq. ft house with 2 kids under the age of 10. It's rape.

What kind of political reform do YOU endorse?

Legend
    05-12-2011, 02:34 PM #44
    Less money in politics. Money corrupts the system and favors those who have more of it.
    Thats a simple fact in my opinion.

Of course it will never happen because the Republicans will never allow it to happen.
    Its a long story. lol

Legend
    05-12-2011, 02:41 PM #45
    [QUOTE=SiriuslyLong;68949]I am indeed worried about the middle class. I am the middle class, and it should be pretty clear that I don't want to pay any more taxes.

You know how much cash I've dished out. It's enough. Especially when I live in a 1200 sq. ft house with 2 kids under the age of 10. It's rape.

I thought this article was particularly interesting and informative.
    I think you need to roll up your sleeves and get to work like my grandfather did.
    So stop the whining.

U.S. Tax Burden is at Lowest Level Since 1958
    http://hken.ibtimes.com/articles/142...since-1958.htm

We can have our cake and eat it too. Despite an explosion of services and federal spending, individual taxpayers are paying the lower level of taxes as % of income since 1958. Combined with corporate taxes that are at the lowest level as a % of GDP in generations, it's good times in America. I will be very interested if the 2% payroll tax holiday instituted at the end of 20101 will be allowed to vaporize Dec 31st, or if we throw this one under the barrel of "can't raise taxes in this environment!" as well.

Americans are paying the smallest share of their income for taxes since 1958, a reflection of tax cuts and a weak economy, a USA TODAY analysis finds. The total tax burden — for all federal, state and local taxes — dropped to 23.6% of income in the first quarter, according to Bureau of Economic Analysis data.
    By contrast, individuals spent roughly 27% of income on taxes in the 1970s, 1980s and the 1990s — a rate that would mean $500 billion of extra taxes annually today, one-third of the estimated $1.5 trillion federal deficit this year.
    The latest dip in the tax burden came from a Social Security tax cut included in a December budget deal between Democrats and Republicans. It will reduce taxes $100 billion this year.
    "We have a 1950s level of taxation and a 21st-century-sized government," says Robert Bixby, executive director of the Concord Coalition, a deficit-reduction advocacy group.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 05-12-2011 at 02:44 PM.

Guru
    05-12-2011, 02:42 PM #46
    Less money in politics. Money corrupts the system and favors those who have more of it.
    Thats a simple fact in my opinion.

Of course it will never happen because the Republicans will never allow it to happen.
    Its a long story. lol
    There you go again.... As if Soros doesn't contribute to the dems, or the Unions, or Hollywood............. Always one sided with you, and you wonder........

I agree with your comments about money. Money and women can corrupt any man.

Guru
    05-12-2011, 02:45 PM #47
    [QUOTE=Havakasha;68951]
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriuslyLong View Post
    I am indeed worried about the middle class. I am the middle class, and it should be pretty clear that I don't want to pay any more taxes.

I thought this article was particularly interesting and informative.
    I think you need to roll up your sleeves and get to work like my grandfather did.
    So stop the whining.

U.S. Tax Burden is at Lowest Level Since 1958
    http://hken.ibtimes.com/articles/142...since-1958.htm

We can have our cake and eat it too. Despite an explosion of services and federal spending, individual taxpayers are paying the lower level of taxes as % of income since 1958. Combined with corporate taxes that are at the lowest level as a % of GDP in generations, it's good times in America. I will be very interested if the 2% payroll tax holiday instituted at the end of 20101 will be allowed to vaporize Dec 31st, or if we throw this one under the barrel of "can't raise taxes in this environment!" as well.

Americans are paying the smallest share of their income for taxes since 1958, a reflection of tax cuts and a weak economy, a USA TODAY analysis finds. The total tax burden — for all federal, state and local taxes — dropped to 23.6% of income in the first quarter, according to Bureau of Economic Analysis data.
    By contrast, individuals spent roughly 27% of income on taxes in the 1970s, 1980s and the 1990s — a rate that would mean $500 billion of extra taxes annually today, one-third of the estimated $1.5 trillion federal deficit this year.
    The latest dip in the tax burden came from a Social Security tax cut included in a December budget deal between Democrats and Republicans. It will reduce taxes $100 billion this year.
    "We have a 1950s level of taxation and a 21st-century-sized government," says Robert Bixby, executive director of the Concord Coalition, a deficit-reduction advocacy group.
    I read that last week in San Jose as noted previosly. Why do you post the same shit over and over. It really has no effect. As it would turn out, I'm paying the MOST I've ever paid.

Who cares about your grandfather (no disrespect for the entrepeneur), but what about YOU?
    Last edited by SiriuslyLong; 05-12-2011 at 02:47 PM.

Legend
    05-12-2011, 02:46 PM #48
    You are starting to worry me. "it has no effect" Maybe thats your problem. Facts dont matter.
    I hate to inform You but you post the same shit over and over again as well.
    Like i said: Get a damn accountant. Either that or you are making the MOST you ever
    made. Which means you should be paying more. Duh.
    The facts are that there have many tax cuts these past years to take advantage of.
    Stop whining please and read the damn article.

I work almost as hard as my grandfather (when i am not talking to you. Lol. Come to think of it
    talking to you is the hardest job i have EVER had. )
    If you know anything about film production then you understand the hours and physical labor involved.
    (for example heres a typical schedule on a low budget feature i worked on: 16 hours a day times 6 days a week for 8 weeks.)

And i did say have a good day. Bye.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 05-12-2011 at 03:01 PM.

Guru
    05-12-2011, 03:23 PM #49
    Like i said: Get a damn accountant. Either that or you are making the MOST you ever made. Which means you should be paying more. Duh. The facts are that there have many tax cuts these past years to take advantage of.
    Stop whining please and read the damn article.
    I told you I read it in San Jose last week in USA Today.

Get an accountant lol. Doesn't that sound a little hypocrytical? I mean, it's like you're trying to pay less tax. Doesn't that sound odd for someone who wants to increase tax on others, and is very public about it?
    Last edited by SiriuslyLong; 05-12-2011 at 03:51 PM.

Guru
    05-12-2011, 04:16 PM #50
    Despite Rhetoric, Cutting Oil Subsidies Would Have Little Effect on Gas Prices

by Nicholas Kusnetz
    ProPublica, May 12, 2011, 10:19 a.m

Democrats renewed their push to cut oil subsidies this week, saying high gasoline prices and big revenues for oil and gas companies make this as good a time as any [1] to eliminate billions [2] in annual tax incentives to the industry. Republicans countered that higher taxes on oil companies would only mean higher prices for consumers.

Most experts agree, however, that the tax incentives in question don’t have much effect on gasoline prices, one way or the other.

“The impact would be extremely small,” said Stephen Brown, a professor of economics at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. Brown co-wrote a study in 2009 [3] arguing that if the subsidies were cut, the average person would spend, at most, just over $2 more each year on petroleum products.

Read the rest: http://www.propublica.org/article/de...ct-on-gas-pric

Seems I was right from the beginning. It's just democratic posturing / grandstanding. Sorry Lloyd, just telling it like it is. It's all a big show to capture the frustration of American's and get votes, and it's actually very disingenuous.

Page 5 of 6 ... 3456