Page 4 of 6 ... 23456
    Guru
    05-12-2011, 01:26 PM #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    Yes i was refering to the American Thinker article. I wasnt surprised you picked a Republican point of view.
    Do you happen to know his relationship to the oil industry?

I am doing my best to express my point of view and find information. You are doing the same from your point of view. I just sometimes have trouble flushing your point of view out. You seem to want to be on both sides of the issue (you know what i mean) as you did over the Bush tax cuts for the wealthy.

You start by saying its a minor issue and you dont have strong feelings about it. You say sure give the Dems what they
    want (in a slightly belittling way) and by the end you launch attacks against the Dem. positon. I got to hand it to you. You are nothing if not consistent.
    That's a big fat lie!

I have no position on this issue. That's been consistent. It is too small.

You asked about my core values on the issue. To answer that I had to explore it a little further. I share what I found and now you accuse of launching attacks on the democratic position. That's a laugher. You've engaged me, and now I'm attacking..... Oy vay.

I do think the dems are "posutring" a little here. It took me 2 days to get to that word.

I like your comment, "you seem to want to be on both sides of the issue". Hmmmmm, what could that mean????
    Last edited by SiriuslyLong; 05-12-2011 at 01:36 PM.

Guru
    05-12-2011, 01:32 PM #32
    i quess you are a BIG fan of Exxon's after your "investigation".
    I do need energy in my portfolio, but all my cash it tied up. I lost a shitload on ENER (Unisolar); now it is trading at $1.64. It used to be a $45 stock.

Legend
    05-12-2011, 01:34 PM #33
    Disagree completely. I saw you do it with the subject of the Bush tax cuts for the wealthy. You said you werent opposed to them expiring at first and then spent the next months attacking Dems for their position.
    You couched it in terms of a liberal thirst to get the rich, but to me it was all the same.

I find out some minor stuff about the guy whose post you use on the subject of oil.
    Turns out he is liked by Rush Limbaugh, Donald Rumsfeld (former CEO of gas company) etc.
    I will have to dig further to see if he has more direct connection to the oil companies. Dont have time now

"Randall Hoven is a frequent contributor to The American Thinker. He has also been published in The New York Post, the American Conservative Union's Battleground, and the Alton Telegraph.

His pieces have been cited, discussed and/or praised by Rush Limbaugh, David Limbaugh, Mark Steyn, Mark Levin, Mark Tapscott (Washington Examiner), Jay Ambrose, Diana West, Andy McCarthy, Neal Boortz, The American Spectator, Fox News, Investors Business Daily, and Donald Rumsfeld."
    Last edited by Havakasha; 05-12-2011 at 01:41 PM.

Legend
    05-12-2011, 01:37 PM #34
    Sounds like you need big oil, not just energy. lol
    I mean you seem to like and want to protect their "business model". Ha, ha.

I got out of most of the solar stocks at pretty hight levels. I have none now, but i watch them all the time along with electric auto related companies. Have a little bit in AONE but cant say i know an enormous amount about its prospects. I am waiting for the solar stocks to hit lows before i pick them up again. They are very erractic to say the least. Rise and fall with gas prices, etc.

Guru
    05-12-2011, 01:41 PM #35
    Disagree completely. I saw you do it with the subject of the Bush tax cuts for the wealthy. You said you werent opposed to themexpiring and then spent the next months attacking Dems for there position.
    You couched it in terms of a liberal thirst to get the rich, but to me it was all the same.

I find out some minor stuff about the guy whose post you use on the subject.
    Turns out he is liked by Rush Limbaugh, Donald Rumsfeld (former CEO of gas company) etc.
    I will have to dig further to see if he has more direct connection to the oil companies. Dont have time yet.

Randall Hoven is a frequent contributor to The American Thinker. He has also been published in The New York Post, the American Conservative Union's Battleground, and the Alton Telegraph.

His pieces have been cited, discussed and/or praised by Rush Limbaugh, David Limbaugh, Mark Steyn, Mark Levin, Mark Tapscott (Washington Examiner), Jay Ambrose, Diana West, Andy McCarthy, Neal Boortz, The American Spectator, Fox News, Investors Business Daily, and Donald Rumsfeld.
    Yes, I know. I furnished the link and read the bio.

Legend
    05-12-2011, 01:43 PM #36
    I would call him VERY right wing and wouldnt be surprised if he gets paid by the oil industry.

Guru
    05-12-2011, 01:45 PM #37
    Sounds like you need big oil, not just energy. lol
    I mean you seem to like and want to protect their "business model". Ha, ha.

I got out of most of the solar stocks at pretty hight levels. I have none now, but i watch them all the time along with electric auto related companies. Have a little bit in AONE but cant say i know an enormous amount about its prospects. I am waiting for the solar stocks to hit lows before i pick them up again. They are very erractic to say the least. Rise and fall with gas prices, etc.
    You are brave on AONE stock. They are a customer of ours. Be careful with the solar picks. As I have posted, inventories are full and demand is decreasing due to reduced or even eliminated FIT. All this coming off record expansion.

I read an article citing that Sharp, Sanyo and another win the installers praise for most reliable.

Guru
    05-12-2011, 01:47 PM #38
    I would call him VERY right wing and wouldnt be surprised if he gets paid by the oil industry.
    Maybe, but as Atypical would rant, if his article is factual, and a fact is fact.........

Guru
    05-12-2011, 01:54 PM #39
    Disagree completely. I saw you do it with the subject of the Bush tax cuts for the wealthy. You said you werent opposed to them expiring at first and then spent the next months attacking Dems for their position.
    One of my core values is to mind your own business. This whole focus on "the rich" really does bewilder me. I don't get it.

You know there is a huge debate here in Michigan. Our governer has... Well, here's the link. Scroll down in the comments. My solution is in there.

http://www.annarbor.com/business-rev...ars-in-office/

Legend
    05-12-2011, 01:58 PM #40
    I only have 300 shares of AONE in my IRA that i bought at a little over 6.
    Yes, I am VERY careful about solar stocks. Too much i cant know about.
    I just try to play them for short term gains at this point. I would love to find some
    stocks in the alternative energy field to hold for the long term.

Once again you manage to misunderstand the "focus on the rich". Its simply a rebalance of an unnatural progression in the last 10 to 15 years. The system has been distorted through lobbyists, corruption and politicians to affect the middle class in a negative way.
    Its all about helping the middle class.

It shouldnt bewilder you AT ALL. Whats been happening the last 10 or more years SHOULd bewilder you.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 05-12-2011 at 02:01 PM.

Page 4 of 6 ... 23456