Page 2 of 2 12
    Guru
    05-10-2011, 01:20 PM #11
    Heck, I didn't think you would want a book on Von Mises economics from a non liberal like me, but I sent it anyway even with your left leaning philosophy......... knowing that you wouldn't change one bit.....

Now for the article. The tax burden is at it's lowest because of the reduction of Social Security Taxes (which is a mistake) from 6.2% to 4.2%, lower tax rates from the Bush Era tax cuts, AND a weak economy. You seem to want the reason to be only tax rates. it's what the article says anyway.

As for me and the "evil" government, you needn't look very far to see what a mess they can make. Two unfunded wars, giant debt, no solutions........ just party politics. That is SOOOO reassuring.

Let's talk about reform. I like a simple system of taxing all earnings (EARNINGS) at a low rate but progressively higher for higher incomes with very limited deductions for everyone. It is time to stop using the tax system to implement policy. The tax system should be solely used to generate revenue.

Lastly, central to a simple system of taxing all earnings, middle class folks like me would PAY LESS so we could SPEND MORE and generate COMMERCE (which creates a strong tax base).

Now go on an tell why this is so objectionable???
    Last edited by SiriuslyLong; 05-10-2011 at 01:23 PM.

Page 2 of 2 12