Mentor
    05-04-2011, 06:21 PM #1

They're in the Gate . . .

. . . they're off!

Wanted to get a thread going with Kentucky Derby picks; still handicapping the race . . . will post my picks by Friday

Everybody else have it . . . $ amount of wager must be included with your pick!

3 Days til Post - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YogXq...eature=related

Pictured below is my favorite jock . . . Rosemary Homeister, Jr. (I have no idea who the clod standing next to her is):
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Sirius Roadkill; 05-04-2011 at 06:40 PM.

Mentor
    05-06-2011, 10:20 PM #2

ok, here we go!

My palm is a little itchy tonight . . . means I'm coming into money.

$100 Bankroll

Give me a $2 exacta box as follows:

Pants On Fire
    Dialed In
    Mucho Macho Man

That's a $12 wager

I will then instruct the teller to print that same ticket 7 more times; yeah, you heard me right! I want 8 separate tickets . . . I don't need to be paying withholding tax.

Now here's how I'm handicapping it:

Pants on Fire
    This is a sentimental choice for me. Although I detest hedge-fund managers, owner George Hall and wife Lori are locals and support my home track of Monmouth Park; Lori is the real horseman in the family anyway. I also like the trainer, Kelly Breen, another Monmouth Park local. I like this horse's pedigree (son of AP Indy) and how he sat off the pace to win the Louisiana derby . . . I think he finishes in the money.

Dialed In
    Sorry, can't ignore the chalk. A horse that knows the track, has a strong pedigree (Mineshaft), only 1 career defeat against older horses and has Nicky Zito as trainer. I'll hope he's upset by one of the other/longer horses in my box but need to have him in as insurance to partially offset the cost of my wager (hey, I think I just hedged . . . . I'm ready for George Hall)

Mucho Macho Man
    Another local horse who broke his maiden at Monmouth Park. Son of Macho Uno and has finished no worse than 4th in 5 straight graded stakes races. Post position doesn't hurt either.

So that's 8 tickets at $12 each for a total of $96

With the $4 bucks leftover I'll have a hot dog steamed in beer and a small RC Cola.

Ya know what? Just so I don't get pissed if my exacta box combination is also the winning trifecta . . . I'll do a $1 trifecta box on the above for a $6 wager.

That's $106 total including the hot dog & beverage.
    Last edited by Sirius Roadkill; 05-06-2011 at 10:28 PM.

Mentor
    05-07-2011, 02:58 PM #3

Bets are in!

Here ya go . . . can Pants on Fire sit just off Dialed In's right shoulder and make a strong late move?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Sirius Roadkill; 05-07-2011 at 03:00 PM.