12-04-2017, 02:08 PM #1

WHAT IS THAT BEEPING SONG THAT PLAYS ON THE 70s ON 7 CHANNEL??

I love it so much but i have no way of finding the song name as there are no lyrics. It is very out of place for a 70s song. It is on one of the more popular playlists as it is on fairly frequently.

Thank you,

Marley

Legend
    12-04-2017, 04:21 PM #2
    I'm guessing you heard Popcorn, a 1972 instrumental by Hot Butter. The '70s channel plays it two or three times a week.

The Dogstar Radio website -- Sirius, "the dog star." Get it? -- has many years of playlists for most of the music channels. Channel 7 is not listed in the dropdown menu but you can see the playlist by going to the '60s channel playlist, changing the 6 to a 7 in the URL and hitting "enter."

www.dogstarradio.com

Popcorn: www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBYjZTdrJlA

12-05-2017, 09:36 AM #3
    Thank you!!!

Legend
    12-05-2017, 01:24 PM #4
    By thanking me, are you saying I correctly identified the "beeping song"? Hot Butter was a sextet from New York. Popcorn was written by Broadway composer/arranger/conductor Gershon Kingsley. His original version appears on his 1969 Music To Moog By album. Here it is:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=vL2TYoBYsnY

12-08-2017, 02:57 AM #5
    My son used to have an Atari 5200 and one of the games he liked was called Pengo. You got to be a penguin and kick ice blocks around and try to squish little bloblike creatures. The music in the game was "Popcorn." I liked the game too and that's why I use the name Penguin.

12-14-2017, 12:07 PM #6
    Hey y'all, sorry to bogart a thread...Sirius listener care sent me to www.dogstarradio.com but I all I see is a database error message. Am I doing something wrong? IT happens with more detailed URLs as well, i.e. http://www.dogstarradio.com/search_playlist.php

Thanks!

Legend
    12-14-2017, 01:42 PM #7
    Welcome to Sirius Buzz, Mister grins. For anyone who doesn't know what "bogart" means, I direct your attention to The Fraternity Of Man's 1969 song Don't Bogart Me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-ifjIAoleI

I use the Dogstar site almost every day and for the past several weeks I've gotten a lot of those "database connection error" messages. I have Chrome, Opera and AOL web browsers and often the site will open on one of those browsers but not the others. Just keep trying -- it will open eventually. Check out the ongoing discussion of Dogstar's problems at

http://xmfan.com/viewtopic.php?t=121...hlight=dogstar

12-14-2017, 04:28 PM #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Rewind View Post
    Welcome to Sirius Buzz, Mister grins
    Thank you for the welcome, and thank you for the info, Rewind!