Page 3 of 5 12345
    Guru
    05-19-2011, 07:35 PM #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Roadkill View Post
    we're still here bro . . we were just waiting for you to check in!

Tyler had a good day reporting today . . . time for us in the forums to work-up some due diligence on Robert Michael Shenk

http://siriusbuzz.com/

Just who is this Robert Michael Shenk?
    You mean Robert Michael Skank, and to answer your question, he's with the NAB lol. Nice tactic, death by pinpricks, or better yet, how about some trivia? What band exclaimed, " an inch an hour two feet a day". I think think it is a stumper.

All the Sirius sites are slower than the good old (bad) days - we are all a little richer and less concerned. Now some of us just simply argue politics. Oh what fun that is.

I'm half tempted myself to "Big Ben" it (i.e. cash in and "take profits"), but I think there is a more upside to be had.

Enthusiast
    05-20-2011, 12:23 PM #22
    I know this will be wildly unpopular here, but it appears that I need to address something.

As you all know, I cover satellite radio pretty extensively. Because of this I have to do a lot of research and visit multiple sources on a daily basis, and even several times a day.

I was recently accused of stealing the work of someone else. Let's review the facts:

1. I am in the northeast and the accuser is in the southeast. I have no way to steal anything from this person.

2. I am not a member of his site, and never will be.

3. The latest suit was brought up by Shenk. It was filed in the District Court of New York's Southern District. This is the same Court That handled the Blessing Case. The Fialkov case (as well as the Stern case) are in the New York Supreme Court. The Fialkov complaint was stayed awaiting resolution in the Blessing matter. As we know there was a "proposed settlement" reached in the Blessing matter. Until accepted, the Blessing matter is still open, and by extension, the Fialkov matter is as well. Thus, as one can imagine, in following the Stern suit, the Blessing suit, and the Fialkov matter, I check both courts filing a few times each day to see if anything new is available. In the afternoon I noticed a new filing at the District Court, opened it, saw the Shenk suit, and reported on it.

4. With the supreme court there is no charge to view the case information. With the district court you need to have a PACER account to view the documents. I have a Pacer account, and purchased the documents. As I recall, a PACER account is not an instant thing, and takes time to obtain.

5. I was being accused of being "tipped off" by someone about Brandon working on a similar piece. I received no tip from anyone. No person contacted me with anything about what Brandon was doing, nor do I know why anyone would know what Brandon is working on before he publishes it.

6. The fact is that the suit information is available to the public and anyone can see these documents. There was no "exclusive" anywhere. When I reported Sirius XM's response to the Stern suit, I was in no way thinking that I had an exclusive. Other sites reported the information as well. Was I first in that one? Perhaps I was, but to me it did not really matter. It was news and I reported it. An "exclusive" would have been if I had an interview with Stern that no one else had. I did not. I simply saw the court document filed and reported on it.

So there you have it. There was a story and I covered it. There was no need to insert drama, fabricate drama, or anything else. I reported the news, and then did my usual follow-up piece with a deeper look. End of story, no soap opera needed.

Mentor
    05-20-2011, 05:49 PM #23
    More importantly . . . new girl up!
    http://siriusbuzz.com/forum/showthre...9117#post69117
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mentor
    05-23-2011, 11:42 AM #24

Word of the Day

The word of the day is:

INDEMNIFY

Learn it . . . know it . . . live it!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RUe02kPWvg

Can I get an AMEN?

Second bite at the apple? RMS is low-hanging fruit Mel
    Last edited by Sirius Roadkill; 05-23-2011 at 11:50 AM.

Mentor
    05-23-2011, 07:54 PM #25

Quote of the Week!

Quote of the Week honors go to Spencer Osborne:

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer Osborne View Post
    I reported the news, and then did my usual follow-up piece with a deeper look. I'm on the right track baby I was born this way.
    http://siriusbuzz.com/lady-gaga-albu...s.php#comments

The Quote of the Week is brought to you by ikicktires.com

For all of your automotive news-needs, please visit our friends at www.ikicktires.com

Tell'em SRK sent you!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Sirius Roadkill; 05-23-2011 at 09:16 PM.

Enthusiast
    05-23-2011, 08:58 PM #26

Roadkill

I love ya man, but I do have a small favor to ask. Typer savery was a pen name I used when starting out. It got to a point where I simply made a decision to use my real name. Could you do me a huge favor and refer to me as Spencer. I do not want people to be confused.

Mentor
    05-23-2011, 09:13 PM #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Spencer Osborne View Post
    I love ya man, but I do have a small favor to ask. Typer savery was a pen name I used when starting out. It got to a point where I simply made a decision to use my real name. Could you do me a huge favor and refer to me as Spencer. I do not want people to be confused.
    a "typer" you are not . . . no prob Spence

You will notice that I only use "Tyler Savery" in the forums, never in a news-story post. The reason I continued to do so, even after you had abandoned the pen name, was because I didn't want to write a "bash-post" in the forums referring to you by your editorial by-line name that could later be found via Google search and potentially harm the news-side of the site.

I am henceforth happy to use "Spencer" in my forum posts.

P.S. . . . be careful what you wish for!
    Last edited by Sirius Roadkill; 05-23-2011 at 09:18 PM.

05-23-2011, 10:17 PM #28

kicking myself...

Man...I got in at .69 and rode the wave to 1.20 and down...and I panicked and sold at .9something. Now it's at 2+!!! That is crazy. I know some people who got in at .05....they are rolling in dough right now..

10,000 times .05 = $500

10,000 times 2 = $20,000!

Enthusiast
    05-24-2011, 02:15 PM #29

Roadkill

No worries....

I can take criticism, and do not mind healthy debate.

Mentor
    05-24-2011, 06:08 PM #30

Cracking Under the Pressure?

“Everybody forgets what the f**k was going on around here when I signed on," seethed Stern Tuesday. "Sirius Radio, by the way, was just about going out of business. I sat down with these guys and I said to them: ‘Look—if I leave terrestrial radio and come to Sirius, I’m gonna bust my balls for you. I’m gonna make s**t happen…I guarantee you guys acquire XM radio. Forget merge—that’s a horses**t f***ing term—ACQUIRE XM radio….But people have a short memory. Everybody’s got a short memory about what went on here…And now that times are good and they’ve reached ‘it,’ everybody wants to f***ing forget what they owe—and WHO they owe...There wouldn’t be a Sirius if I wasn’t here. It wouldn’t be here. This way a Hail Mary pass, hiring me.”

Continue reading on Examiner.com Howard Stern trashes Sirius XM bosses on air - National howard stern | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/howard-stern...#ixzz1NJ3ByFS3
    Now you don't see Mel cracking like this do you? That's why he's CEO!

Sure, Mel could be pissing and moaning about Blessing, Shenck and Stern trying to steal money from the company coffers . . . but that is not how one conducts oneself in business, no sir.

This is just a "business argument" Howard, right pal? You do remember saying that don't you?

Don't under-estimate David Frear Howie. Even Napoleon had his Waterloo . . .