Page 1 of 2 12
    Guru
    04-26-2011, 05:51 PM #1

I'm Back from Broke

Went all in and lost...but I'm back.

Been a long awful year or so for many reasons, almost fully recovered .

I see things died down but if anyone wants to discuss, here are my current positions / watch list.

KKR
    BAC
    COF
    M
    SIRI
    INTC
    BP
    TRN

Particularly looking for info on KKR.

04-26-2011, 08:01 PM #2
    Dear Romo,

My Michigan friend, I have really missed you! So good to see your post. I am sorry you have had an awful year but good you have survived and back posting again.
    Please stick around.

Julie

Guru
    04-26-2011, 09:46 PM #3
    Wow - thought you had evaporated, but maybe you did? I always wanted to ask if you were a Tony Romo fan or what. His injury set my fantasy team back last year, but still came out ahead.

The only equity on your list I'm on is SIRI. You may want to take a look at SINX. They just announced a partnership with a Japanese company. The (penny) stock tripled.

I lost a bunch on SPNG. Thought I was onto something. Such is life.

Head Honcho
    04-27-2011, 12:04 AM #4
    I own BAC and hate that I do but, can't bring myself to sell it either.

What ever happened with SPNG? Is it still trading? Is there a lawsuit? Do you still own it?
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Mentor
    04-27-2011, 12:23 AM #5
    Welcome back Romo...missed ya man! Still in Siri...loving this push to crack the $2 mark! Maybe tomorrow!

JS

Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    Went all in and lost...but I'm back.

Been a long awful year or so for many reasons, almost fully recovered .

I see things died down but if anyone wants to discuss, here are my current positions / watch list.

KKR
    BAC
    COF
    M
    SIRI
    INTC
    BP
    TRN

Particularly looking for info on KKR.

Guru
    04-27-2011, 08:11 AM #6
    Quote Originally Posted by julietoo View Post
    Dear Romo,

My Michigan friend, I have really missed you! So good to see your post. I am sorry you have had an awful year but good you have survived and back posting again.
    Please stick around.

Julie
    Missed you too Julie, I was super glad to see you're still here to chat with. Can't wait to hear how things have been for you!

Quote Originally Posted by SiriuslyLong View Post
    Wow - thought you had evaporated, but maybe you did? I always wanted to ask if you were a Tony Romo fan or what. His injury set my fantasy team back last year, but still came out ahead.

The only equity on your list I'm on is SIRI. You may want to take a look at SINX. They just announced a partnership with a Japanese company. The (penny) stock tripled.

I lost a bunch on SPNG. Thought I was onto something. Such is life.
    not a tony romo fan, not allowed to be since im a steeler fan! (very sad super bowl)

Lost 90% of my stock account in spng, but it was simply my own greed, I was up super huge and road it to the bottom, I had a plan in case it was a scam but I didn't follow it. I'm not upset, I went for it all and lost but now I have a better understanding of how the market works...diversify, don't marry a stock, and protect earnings by selling once in a while and don't be afraid to hold cash at the chance of missing a spike (its ok to do!)

Glad to see you're still in some penny stocks, I was going to ask that next : ) Pennies sure were fun (and dangerous!)

Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post

What ever happened with SPNG? Is it still trading? Is there a lawsuit? Do you still own it?
    Dude! I haven't even read about SPNG since I sold it I guess about a year ago for a huge loss...last I knew it was a total scam. But I tracked the product in many many stores, hard to believe they were able to do that, I still wonder though, maybe now that I'm over it I can bring myself to see how the story unfolded.

Gotta say I dont own BAC, just started watching it, looks like its taking an unnecessary beating and I'm looking for a point to jump on. I'm trying some new strategies...
    1. If you lose over 10% sell and try to make it back somewhere else (though I almost sold INTC at 8% loss, but I believed in it and it made a 13% come back last week!)
    2. Sell a stock after you make 20% (though with the rocky market I've been selling after 5-8% because it happens so fast right now you can get out and buy back lower within weeks)
    3. Try to wait for a stock to come to you, look for gaps to fill, wait for low volume that brings the price down 5-8% during lulls, then pounce. (been working, except its hard to time perfectly, sometimes I lose another 2% before it goes back up)

Quote Originally Posted by just sirius View Post
    Welcome back Romo...missed ya man! Still in Siri...loving this push to crack the $2 mark! Maybe tomorrow!

JS
    Missed you too, I've been trying to make $100 here and there by trading SIRI, its so up and down, I rode the $1.60 to $1.80 train twice for a nice score. Sorry for adding to you're volatility I still have my XM stickers on the truck and still think its the best radio on radio! I'm going to have to check the SIRI thread and see where you all think the stock is headed, I like this push to $2, just wish I was on it! (though im up 9% on COF since last week which is what I bought when I sold siri a week ago at $1.82)

Ok, talk at you all soon, glad to see everyone again. I'll try not to be a stranger but not making any promises

Guru
    04-27-2011, 08:38 AM #7
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post

Yes, unforetunatly, I still own SPNG. I didn't go big. I only held something like 12,000 shares totalled. Earlier this month I believe the assets were auctioned off. You can read about it here: http://spongetechtrustee.com/

I think there is a shareholder lawsuit, but can't say for sure. It trades every now and then, but at the 0.0001 level. I've tried to unload my shares without success. At this point, I just don't want to see them in my portfolio.

Live and Learn.

Guru
    04-27-2011, 07:55 PM #8
    TD Ameritrade will buy your shares for $1 to get them off your portfolio. Check with who you're investing with.

Head Honcho
    04-28-2011, 12:49 AM #9
    They would buy 10k worthless shares for $10k? That doesn't seem like good business for them. Do you mean that they will buy 10k shares for $1? That's terrible for any investor.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Guru
    04-28-2011, 04:35 PM #10
    they give you a whole $1 for the entire lot, like I have a 5 year old stock that is sitting there worth $0.00, and i hate seeing it but can't get rid of it, TD will give me $1. Its just a way of clearing the portfolio.

Page 1 of 2 12