Page 1 of 2 12
    Banned
    07-03-2008, 07:51 PM #1

I'm so disgusted, I'll just post the link..

07-03-2008, 08:06 PM #2
    You know what, good. Let them take 20 percent. They can run free satellite radio with commercials. It will only increase the penetration of the satellite platform, and in the end people will get the same bullshit they get on the FM dial. The only difference this time, is when they get tired all they need to do is pay 6 bucks to shut 'em off.

1.) Subscribers increase
    2.) We get guaranteed revenue from the lease regardless of whether people care what Davenport is programming on FreeSat. (and it is not going to come cheap)

The radio audience is big enough for everyone to exist, cause lets face it, no matter how affordable it gets, there is going to be people who will not pay for radio.

07-03-2008, 08:09 PM #3
    One more thing. I love this argument:

"This merger is completely utterly illegal. It is not allowed. It was written into the Constitution of the United States. No no no. butttttt... You know what, if its going to happen, give me a piece. Oh what's that? You won't give me a piece... well then... umm... THIS IS SO ILLEGAL."

Banned
    07-03-2008, 08:18 PM #4

Angry

I want to write. I want to yell. I want to argue. Dammit I want the FCC to hear US! Not every freaking democratic, NAB supportede government corporate terrorist in the freakin' country!

I can't even think straight right now. This is repulsive.

Why is anyone pandering to the assholes? Why isn't someone standing up for us? I feel like we have no voice and that we don't matter.

I have tried endlessly to reason with people, to get everyone on the same page...it can't be done...we are going to be victims in this....no matter what. They want to take satellite radio and turn it over to fm radio. They want to commercialize it and kill it. And they're going to. I would rather lose my entire investment in Siri, than give those mf'ers 1 f'in channel! I hope Mel and Tate call it off...work together and bury clear channel and company.

07-03-2008, 10:27 PM #5
    Disgusting indeed. I wish some GOP congressmen would step up in favor, but that's doubtful to happen in an election year where a democrat is the front runner.

A lot of this is just regurgitated NAB talking points, which, as pointed out in other threads, have been repeated ad nauseum and probably shakes Tate very little.

As Mel stated long ago, spectrum divestiture is off the table. Tate is not going to kill the merger by forcing it. Having the FCC oversee the minority set-asides seems to be the only reasonable suggestion in this proposal.

07-03-2008, 10:58 PM #6
    All these TN voices are a concern though. I wonder where she's leaning if she keeps scheduling people from her state (mostly in opposition). Or is the NAB just focusing their lobbying efforts on TN since Tate is obviously the key vote? If so, then hopefully she has been around the block long enough to see through it.

Haven't heard much from Adelstein lately. I have a feeling he's secure in the no camp.

07-03-2008, 11:26 PM #7
    Or is the NAB just focusing their lobbying efforts on TN since Tate is obviously the key vote?
    That's how I see it. It's not like she is only accepting these TN fools for meetings, and turning other people away. I think its that "they" have had a hard time getting through to her up until this point, so they are pulling out all the stops now.

Either way, it pretty clear that this is not going to be dragged out til September. This is the 11th hour...

Guru
    07-04-2008, 02:35 AM #8
    Well I hate to say it but Cramer said it best, when talking about Adelstein is going to listen to 10 state AGs over the DOJ come on, that is ridiculous. I know all know Tates number (202) 418-2500. So keep calling and tell them what you think of this crap. I do it is refreshing, you all should try it. It at the very least, lets them know we are not that dumb and are not believing the NAB/state AGs crap. I like to keep putting the number everywhere to make it as easy as possible for people to keep calling, Everyone should. I dont get to alot of the other sites so the more it is out, the better. Maybe it will make a difference maybe it will not, at this point why take a chance. Just keep putting the number up.

07-04-2008, 06:52 AM #9
    Maybe Sirius/XM should start a Tennessee Channel for all things Tate. it would be only slightly less transparent than this AG letter... oops - I think I just puked a little in my mouth..

Banned
    07-04-2008, 07:46 AM #10
    Maybe Sirius/XM should start a Tennessee Channel for all things Tate. it would be only slightly less transparent than this AG letter... oops - I think I just puked a little in my mouth..
    Xm has a studio in Nashville. The mayor of Nashville has come out in support of the merger. I don't have xm (as I cannot afford both services) but I understand they bring jobs and are a springboard for local talent who have no other way of getting their music aired. In this lies the hope.

If xm were to go under, TN, Nashville and the music industry would lose this great benefit. I'm not a country fan or bluegrass fan, either. Perhaps someone here more familiar with xm's Nashville studio could offer some detail.

XM Radio expands Nashville presence
    Tuesday, August 28, 2007 – XM, the nation's leading satellite radio service with more than 8.2 million subscribers, today announced an agreement with Nashville to expand its presence in Music City with new studios.
    Construction on the new space is scheduled for completion later this year, meaning XM will abandon its current Nashville studios at the Country Music Hall of Fame.

"The new Nashville arena tower studios will enable XM to provide more of the live performances, exclusive interviews and original shows that country music fans have come to expect from us, as well as the opportunity to broadcast other non-country music programming," said Eric Logan, executive vice president, programming, for XM. "The Country Music Hall of Fame has been a wonderful home to XM's Nashville studios for the past six years, and we look forward to continuing our relationship with them in the future."

The new facilities will include significantly expanded broadcast and production studios, as well as a dedicated performance studio, full production suite and office space.

XM will use its new Nashville studios to originate its country music programming and content for other channels. XM also teamed up with the Nashville Convention & Visitors Bureau to collaborate on free, live music events for Music City's Visitor Information Center, which is located on the main level of the arena tower.

XM's original performance series, "Music City Connection: Heroes Behind the Hits," is produced by the Nashville Convention & Visitors Bureau.

More than 900 country performers have come through XM's Nashville studios for live performances, interviews and more. Currently, XM carries 7 different country music channels: "America" (XM 10) for classic country; "X Country" (XM 12) for progressive country; "Willie's Place" (XM 13) for traditional country music; "Bluegrass Junction" (XM 14) for bluegrass music fans; "The Village" (XM 15) for folk music; "Highway 16" (XM 16) for current top country hits; and "U.S. Country" (XM 17) for '80s and '90s country hits.
    http://www.countrystandardtime.com/n...ville_presence

Page 1 of 2 12