Page 1 of 3 123
    04-03-2011, 06:18 PM #1

Thumbs down Warning: RE Lifetime Subscriptions and XM/Sirius integration

Be warned: Lifetime subscription apparently only means for the lifetime of your radio. My Sportster 4 died after only 1 year (just long enough to be out of service). When I finally got around to buying another radio (an Onyx) I found out

1) I couldn't add it to my existing subscription because it was XM. Apparently, even though the two companies have merged, their business processes have not.

2) They weren't even willing to transfer my Sirius subscription to XM, so i could use the Onyx.

3) They were willing to give me a 70 percent discount on the ugly, low-end Stratus 6, but not on any of the better radios. Even if they were, they now say there will be a $75 fee to transfer the subscription.

4) Despite asking to speak with a manager several times, I was merely passed around from CR to CR.

5) I'm stuck with a $500 lifetime subscription on a dead radio, and Sirius XM couldn't care less.

Head Honcho
    04-04-2011, 12:30 AM #2
    You can't transfer Sirius to XM as the services are still separate BUT, you can transfer your lifetime Sirius to a new Sirius compatible unit.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Enthusiast
    04-04-2011, 09:34 AM #3
    Well it looks like you have 2 choices here for your lifetime

1) buy a MiRGE, then you'll have the best of both worlds XM & Sirius

2) buy another cheap Sirius radio, but I'd transfer that lifetime to @ least a better radio, then that way you won't be stuck w/ a lifetime and a broken radio

GOOD LUCK

04-16-2011, 07:44 PM #4
    i am in a similar situation to you, but in reverse, and now i have a dead lifetime xm subscription

i have an xm lifetime subscription but they won't let me transfer it to my new car because it has sirius pre-installed. if you are willing, we could try trading lifetime subscriptions, and you could get my XM subscription and I could get your sirius one. e-mail me through the dashboard if you are interested.

this offer is available to anybody that will be willing to take it. i currently have a dead xm lifetime subscription that i have no use fore.

04-22-2011, 03:21 PM #5
    I have heard that the Sirius platform will be shut off, leaving only the XM platform. While I have been told there are several reasons for that. One I keep getting told is that it is a way for them get away from honoring the lifetime subs that Sirius started when they began service.

05-14-2011, 10:47 AM #6

Exchange of service if at all possible

Quote Originally Posted by itzcoolz View Post
    i am in a similar situation to you, but in reverse, and now i have a dead lifetime xm subscription

i have an xm lifetime subscription but they won't let me transfer it to my new car because it has sirius pre-installed. if you are willing, we could try trading lifetime subscriptions, and you could get my XM subscription and I could get your sirius one. e-mail me through the dashboard if you are interested.

this offer is available to anybody that will be willing to take it. i currently have a dead xm lifetime subscription that i have no use fore.
    I have a lifetime on Sirius which I would consider exchanging for a new SiriusXM unit (XMP3i XM Receiver) if I could infact use it on this unit. In fact I have 3 lifetime subscriptions which I purchase way back when they first went into service. This one is in my 2006 GMC RV tow vehicle. I don't really like the one built into the vehicle as I can't move it from vehicle to vehicle. I drive many different vehicles in my work and most rental companies want to charge more daily fees if they have to activate SAT radio service.

Joined: Feb 2010 Location: Wayne County, Michigan Posts: 80
    01-31-2012, 01:44 PM #7

ho, I just might have to take you up on that if the offer is still available

02-15-2012, 10:25 AM #8

i am in the same boat for a lifetime sirius subscription. if you are anyone has a lifetime xm membership and would like to sawp accounts so we can both enjoy lifetime memberships that would be great. i currently have a car that only takes XM and need that "type" of account.

02-18-2012, 02:01 PM #9

Same thing..Need Xm lifetime, have Sirius Lifetime to trade

Quote Originally Posted by PiKADanielB View Post
    i am in the same boat for a lifetime sirius subscription. if you are anyone has a lifetime xm membership and would like to sawp accounts so we can both enjoy lifetime memberships that would be great. i currently have a car that only takes XM and need that "type" of account.
    Hello there,
    I am in the exact same boat. I am looking for someone with a xm lifetime subscription. Dead radio OK, as I am interested in the sub. I have a Sirius lifetime subscription and am willing to trade. Anyone there?

02-22-2012, 06:55 PM #10
    Quote Originally Posted by marcao View Post
    Hello there,
    I am in the exact same boat. I am looking for someone with a xm lifetime subscription. Dead radio OK, as I am interested in the sub. I have a Sirius lifetime subscription and am willing to trade. Anyone there?
    I also have a lifetime Sirius membership that Sirius/XM is now refusing to honor (I recently purchased a new car with XM built in). If anyone is interested in exchanging an XM lifetime account for my Sirius lifetime account, let's work together on this.

Page 1 of 3 123