Page 8 of 12 ... 678910 ...
    Addict
    04-08-2011, 09:07 PM #71
    Quote Originally Posted by MUSCLE13 View Post
    Pandora states they don't expect profits through at least 2012, but Spencer knows better than them

http://messageboards.aol.com/aol/en_...Unhidden=false

http://messageboards.aol.com/aol/en_...ey+%26+Finance
    It would be nice for Spencer to explain these 2 quotes

From Spencer's post The company is on the verge of profitability and given their ability to generate substantial revenue from a modest amount of advertising, they could be a profitable concern as early as this year.

Pandora's S-1 As a result of these factors, we expect to continue to incur operating losses on an annual basis through at least fiscal 2012.
    Last edited by MUSCLE13; 04-08-2011 at 09:09 PM.

Mentor
    04-11-2011, 04:09 PM #72

GOP slaps FCC on net neutrality

House Republicans, adamant that the government keep its hands off the Internet, passed a bill yesterday to repeal federal rules barring Internet service providers from blocking or setting different prices for some uses of their networks.

Republicans, in voting to repeal rules on "network neutrality" set down by the Federal Communications Commission, said the FCC lacked the authority to promulgate the rules. They disputed the need to interfere with an already open Internet and warned that the rules would stifle investment in broadband systems.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/busines...#ixzz1JFMUaAHN

Note to Lloyd: Although I realize this is a partisan issue, this is meant to be a totally nonpartisan post on my part; I am posting it merely because it is a story that Tyler Savery will attempt to ignore . . . sort of an inconvenient truth for Tyler.
    Last edited by Sirius Roadkill; 04-11-2011 at 04:21 PM.

Mentor
    04-11-2011, 04:19 PM #73
    btw folks, while visiting the forums, don't forget to check-out the "Stop Trading" thread . . . I think Tyler needs "some of that" to snap him out of his funk . . . ya see what I'm saying?

http://siriusbuzz.com/forum/showthre...8318#post68318
    Last edited by Sirius Roadkill; 04-11-2011 at 04:24 PM.

Head Honcho
    04-18-2011, 02:13 PM #74
    Everything should be back up and running. If you guys see any issues, please let me know.

I apologize for the downtime. Thank you for your patience.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Head Honcho
    04-18-2011, 03:32 PM #75
    Anyone noticing any speed issues? Everything seem status quo? better? worse?
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

04-18-2011, 04:14 PM #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Roadkill View Post
    House Republicans, adamant that the government keep its hands off the Internet, passed a bill yesterday to repeal federal rules barring Internet service providers from blocking or setting different prices for some uses of their networks.

Republicans, in voting to repeal rules on "network neutrality" set down by the Federal Communications Commission, said the FCC lacked the authority to promulgate the rules. They disputed the need to interfere with an already open Internet and warned that the rules would stifle investment in broadband systems.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/busines...#ixzz1JFMUaAHN

Note to Lloyd: Although I realize this is a partisan issue, this is meant to be a totally nonpartisan post on my part; I am posting it merely because it is a story that Tyler Savery will attempt to ignore . . . sort of an inconvenient truth for Tyler.
    I believe there is more to this than your post indicates. The major ISPs want to create a 'tiered' system for the internet; certain users would pay more. That is NOT net neutrality. The FCC is being opposed because organizations like EFF don't want them regulating in a certain way - against the concerns of the public; politicians that vote against the FCC may have other 'interests'. This link may help.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...JGzts_M1N5g8Ww

Mentor
    04-18-2011, 05:57 PM #77
    Quote Originally Posted by Atypical View Post
    I believe there is more to this than your post indicates. The major ISPs want to create a 'tiered' system for the internet; certain users would pay more.
    Precisely . . . that was my point!

It's a fly in Tyler's Internet Radio ointment . . .

Mentor
    04-18-2011, 06:02 PM #78
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    Anyone noticing any speed issues? Everything seem status quo? better? worse?
    all systems go . . . speed seems better

check the "About" page under "Disclosures" . . . typo: 4th paragraph, 2nd sentence, should be "Mr. Osborne"

edit: speed is dramatically better!!

04-18-2011, 06:08 PM #79
    When the forum page is accessed it does not always show who is on (members) and how many are viewing a particular thread.

This detail used to be seen even when one was not signed-in. I see it when I'm logged on (this time) but not otherwise.

Has this changed?
    Last edited by Atypical; 04-18-2011 at 06:12 PM.

Head Honcho
    04-18-2011, 06:15 PM #80
    all systems go . . . speed seems better

check the "About" page under "Disclosures" . . . typo: 4th paragraph, 2nd sentence, should be "Mr. Osborne"

edit: speed is dramatically better!!
    Typo fixed.

Glad to hear it.

Precisely . . . that was my point!

It's a fly in Tyler's Internet Radio ointment . . .
    The lowest tier will handle internet radio with no problems at all. The tiering (if it happens) will effect major consumers of video and data. The ISP's are trying to protect themselves from services like internet tv and netflix... not radio.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Page 8 of 12 ... 678910 ...