Page 3 of 12 12345 ...
    Mentor
    04-01-2011, 03:31 PM #21
    Yup, I agree SL . . . I believe there are still plenty more synergies to be milked from this expectant cash-cow

Also, the article refers to "regulator mandated price freeze" which isn't really accurate, as has been pointed out here before . . . as the price freeze was/is voluntary and will soon expire. The marketplace of satrad consumers will get to decide that issue with their $.

FCC is in no position to mandate pricing platform to Sirius XM when they gave a free-pass to NBC-U . . .

Mentor
    04-01-2011, 06:58 PM #22
    close of $1.65 on 42M Shares . . . range $1.63-$1.68 . . . AH @ $1.65

no more takers on my word scramble??

last call . . .

04-01-2011, 07:55 PM #23
    Tyler Loves ??????????? Playlists. Best I could do between customers.

Julie

Addict
    04-01-2011, 09:41 PM #24
    Quote Originally Posted by julietoo View Post

Julie
    Tyler Loves Uncurated Playlists

I got another question

Spencer said this

"Actually they do have the authority because Sirius XM volunteered it to the FCC by agreeing to allow the agency to freeze prices for three years and then review that freeze once the three years is up.

The FCC needs no “LEGAL” authority when the company allowed them to have this power."

Is he seriously saying that Sirius gave the FCC authority?? A private company gives a govt agency authority to set prices?? Come on now. I knew Mel was a powerful leader. I didn't know he set government rules as well! That is really out of left field. I would love to hear the DOJ's opinion on Mel giving pricing authority to the FCC!

Mentor
    04-01-2011, 09:51 PM #25
    Quote Originally Posted by julietoo View Post

Julie
    very nicely done on 3 of the 4 . . . I thought "playlists" would be the tough one to get

Mentor
    04-01-2011, 09:57 PM #26
    Quote Originally Posted by MUSCLE13 View Post
    Tyler Loves Uncurated Playlists
    nicely done muscle!

Mentor
    04-01-2011, 10:14 PM #27
    Quote Originally Posted by MUSCLE13 View Post
    Spencer said this

"Actually they do have the authority because Sirius XM volunteered it to the FCC by agreeing to allow the agency to freeze prices for three years and then review that freeze once the three years is up.

The FCC needs no “LEGAL” authority when the company allowed them to have this power."

Is he seriously saying that Sirius gave the FCC authority??
    "The price cap was suggested by the applicants for a defined period of time. Government-set rates are something quite different,” Robert Pettit, counsel for Sirius XM, wrote. “How would the FCC independently justify setting the $12.95, or any other particular rate, as the appropriate rate for basic satellite subscriptions? And for what period of time? Moreover, what process would the commission employ for determining subscription rates or the period of time they would be in effect?"

http://www.adweek.com/aw/content_dis...0a29244271da5b

Mentor
    04-01-2011, 10:35 PM #28

Live Nation Interested In Warner Music?

April 1, 2011

Live Nation has reportedly become the newest bidder on Warner Music Group, focusing on the label's recorded music division. Sources tell the Wall Street Journal that Live Nation has placed a bid on WMG, but it is unknown how much the bid was for, or how aggressive Live Nation plans to be in their pursuit of the label.

The WSJ notes that a Live Nation-WMG combination, along with Front Line Management, would be able to handle "virtually every facet of an artist's career" with "across-the-board marketing and promotional events." However, the paper also warns that such a purchase would bring intense regulatory scrutiny, perhaps even more than the Live Nation-Ticketmaster merger. Meanwhile, the New York Post notes that Live Nation still holds $1.7 billion in long term debt, and one source says that "Wall Street will kill them for this," if the company goes ahead with its pursuit of WMG.
    http://www.fmqb.com/article.asp?id=2150479

and from an earlier post in another thread:

Liberty Media on the Prowl?

Live Nation is “looking through Liberty’s whole portfolio” for opportunities to work together, said Azoff, who pointed to home-shopping channel QVC, Sirius XM Radio Inc. and premium cable channel Starz as areas of interest.

Concert promoter Live Nation Entertainment Inc. is looking at possible acquisitions with John Malone’s Liberty Media Corp., its largest shareholder, and is considering ways the companies can work together.

“We’re on the prowl together,” Live Nation Chairman Irving Azoff said in an interview yesterday at the company’s Beverly Hills, California, offices. Liberty Media Chief Executive Officer Greg Maffei participated by phone.

The ties are deepening as Liberty Media increases its stake in Live Nation, the world’s biggest concert promoter and ticket- seller. Live Nation is “looking through Liberty’s whole portfolio” for opportunities to work together, said Azoff, who pointed to home-shopping channel QVC, Sirius XM Radio Inc. and premium cable channel Starz as areas of interest.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-0...tml?cmpid=yhoo
    Last edited by Sirius Roadkill; 04-01-2011 at 10:39 PM.

Joined: Feb 2010 Location: Wayne County, Michigan Posts: 80
    04-01-2011, 11:25 PM #29
    I see Tyler has some news on the OEM front and it looks to be good for the subcriber count front. If Tyler is correct and they get anywhere near that 1,246,623 (say 1,200,000) then I feel safe in saying that they will get (at least) 375,000 subs for the quarter. Always remember I am giving you a base line number and while there are subtractions that will have to be added in, the additions that I dont account for will almost always more then make up for any of those subtrations in subs such as a, higher churn will be cancelled out by retail.

Addict
    04-02-2011, 12:59 PM #30
    Quote Originally Posted by john163888 View Post
    I see Tyler has some news on the OEM front and it looks to be good for the subcriber count front. If Tyler is correct and they get anywhere near that 1,246,623 (say 1,200,000) then I feel safe in saying that they will get (at least) 375,000 subs for the quarter. Always remember I am giving you a base line number and while there are subtractions that will have to be added in, the additions that I dont account for will almost always more then make up for any of those subtrations in subs such as a, higher churn will be cancelled out by retail.
    CPO market gaining traction and used cars reported strong from Car Max. In addition some holiday subs being activated and there must be some Dr. Laura subs with her being exclusive and starting in Jan. Finally Stern's dog and pony show and being added to the apps should have spurred some additional interest.

I am looking for 500 - 550k 1st Q net subs.

Page 3 of 12 12345 ...