Page 9 of 12 ... 7891011 ...
    04-18-2011, 06:24 PM #81
    I know I take a lot of flak for mentioning Internet Radio here, but I do it for a reason. MOST of what SIRI longs hear out there is simply bogus information. Data caps placed on cell users will have little impact on Internet Radio. 95% of cell users fall well below the 2GB cap that AT&T put in place. I have unlimited, but never go over 2GB. These other companies will continue to exist and will continue to have many people that love them. They are not going to disappear. Satellite needs to decide if they want to garner those consumers or give them up to these competitors. Internet Radio needs to decide if they want to stand pat with music, or go after additional content to compete with Sirius XM.

On a side note.....I am finally launching a new site dedicated to the auto sector. This has been in the works for quite some time (no, I am not copying anyone else). I have been contemplating this site for some time, and at the very beginning of this year obtained a domain name for it. The new site is not affiliated with SiriusBuzz and will launch with the New York Auto Show in the next week.

I have press passes for the New York Auto Show and articles will be written for both SiriusBuzz as well as my new site. Stay tuned.

Mentor
    04-18-2011, 06:31 PM #82
    imo, the ISP's will exploit the opportunity to "enrich" themselves (versus "protect themselves") by charging higher prices for all forms of aggregated data stream, whether warranted or not . . . they will because they can; it's simply the American way.

Only time will tell.

04-18-2011, 06:37 PM #83
    Of course they will enrich themselves, but in the end they need to charge at levels that consumers will accept.

04-18-2011, 06:39 PM #84
    Quote Originally Posted by Atypical View Post
    When the forum page is accessed it does not always show who is on (members) and how many are viewing a particular thread.

This detail used to be seen even when one was not signed-in. I see it when I'm logged on (this time) but not otherwise.

Has this changed?
    Plus the duplication of the last word in the first sentence as on SR post above continues.

Head Honcho
    04-18-2011, 06:56 PM #85
    When the forum page is accessed it does not always show who is on (members) and how many are viewing a particular thread.

This detail used to be seen even when one was not signed-in. I see it when I'm logged on (this time) but not otherwise.

Has this changed?
    Yes, it has changed. There is a performance hit to show who is logged in and with 50+ guests and 5+ members, it just makes sense to limit that feature to users which are logged in. Otherwise, the sometimes hundreds of random viewers are slowing the site down for the rest of us. It is a very typical move for high traffic forums.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Head Honcho
    04-18-2011, 06:58 PM #86
    Plus the duplication of the last word in the first sentence as on SR post above continues.
    I'm not sure I follow... can you please elaborate/clarify?

Thanks for the help guys.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

04-18-2011, 07:09 PM #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Roadkill View Post
    Are ya gonna have any sexy broad pictures over there?
    LOL.....There could be a few

Mentor
    04-18-2011, 07:11 PM #88

Cramer's Crooked Cronies

almost forgot to post this one:

Lenny Dykstra arrested, charged with embezzling from his estate . . . ex-baseball star Lenny Dykstra is accused of selling off property frozen in his bankruptcy case.

April 16, 2011
    By Alejandro Lazo and Richard Winton, Los Angeles Times

Former Major League Baseball star and self-styled financial guru Lenny Dykstra has been charged with selling pieces of his former life as he struggled to battle numerous creditors in Bankruptcy Court.

Dykstra helped the New York Mets win the 1986 World Series and later became a celebrity stock picker and entrepreneur before his finances dissolved in the summer of 2009. Dykstra was charged with one count of embezzling from a bankruptcy estate, the Justice Department said Friday.

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/apr...fraud-20110416

Mentor
    04-18-2011, 07:13 PM #89
    When Jim Cramer deemed Lenny Dykstra, the former baseball centerfielder with the New York Mets, an investing authority, did he make his worst call yet?

That’s the suggestion by Randall Lane, who claims in his new book, “The Zeroes: My Misadventures in the Decade Wall Street Went Insane,” that in taking Mr. Dykstra under his wing, the stock-picking, booyah bellowing former hedge fund manager and current host of “Mad Money” unwittingly ensnared himself in a scandal.

According to Mr. Randall, Mr. Dykstra allegedly agreed to take $250,000 worth of stock in exchange for recommending that stock to subscribers of a newsletter the former Major League All-Star wrote for Mr. Cramer’s TheStreet.com.

Writing about it in The Daily Beast, Mr. Randall says:

Jim Cramer single-handedly created the concept of Dykstra-as-financial genius. Known mostly for his willingness to crash his body into walls or his cars into trees (nickname: “Nails”), the former New York Met and Philadelphia Phillie became an investment columnist for TheStreet.com in 2005, after sending Cramer an unsolicited email. For the next four years, Dykstra made stock picks, focusing on “deep-in-the-money calls”—a way to buy leveraged options—for tens of thousands of followers on Cramer’s website.

“Not only is he sophisticated, he is one of the great ones in this business,” Mr. Randall quotes Mr. Cramer as having said of Mr. Dykstra in 2008. Mr. Randall notes how the former baseball star was one of only “four or five” people Jim Cramer would listen to for stocks advice.

Mentor
    04-18-2011, 07:15 PM #90

Jimmy Cramer on Lenny Dykstra

“Not only is he sophisticated, he is one of the great ones in this business.”
    - Jimmy Cramer

This is but one example of the type of conduct condoned by CNBC and, more importantly, condoned personally by Jeffrey Immelt!

Be very careful where you get your news!
    Last edited by Sirius Roadkill; 04-18-2011 at 07:21 PM.

Page 9 of 12 ... 7891011 ...