03-24-2011, 01:24 PM #1

Problems recording music to Xmp3 Player via MicroSD Card

I have had some problems with some mp3 files not transferring to my Xmp3 player's MicroSd Card.

This is what I get:

Unable to complete task because device is busy. Please check if any other applications are connecting to the device.

I can download that same song to the main memory, but not to the MicroSD Card. I could also transfer another song to MicroSD, so I know it isn't a problem with another application connecting to the device.

Has anyone else had this issue every now and then with certain songs? Can anyone provide some assistance with how to overcome this?

Thanks in advance!

Head Honcho
    03-24-2011, 02:52 PM #2
    Is the device full? Maybe the one song that wont transfer is too big? Maybe the smaller one will transfer? Have you tried a different microsd card? What about formatting the one you are using now?

I dont have a Xmp3, I'm just thinking about this from a technical standpoint.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

03-25-2011, 11:57 AM #3
    The card is not full. I can still download other songs. It is just specific songs. I wonder if these specific songs had DRM that will not download to the MicroSD card, but I can transfer those same songs to another MicroSD card on my phone and they transfer just fine. Additionally, I can transfer those songs to the main memory of the Xmp3 player.

I have thought about formatting the card, but then I would have to download all the songs back onto the card. I wanted to find out if others are having similar issues and if there is an easy fix before going that route.

Head Honcho
    03-25-2011, 12:32 PM #4
    Keep track of the specific songs you can't transfer and type them into a google search. Instead of searching Google for "can't transfer song on xmp3 to microsd" you can swap the word "song" out for the actual name of the song. Maybe someone will have posted a more specific answer.

Could you move all the info off the card, format it, and then move it back?

I know I'm not being a huge help here. I'm just hoping some random idea might stick.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

03-26-2011, 11:34 AM #5
    Funny thing about the Xmp3 player is I can't just put transfer songs to the MicroSD card. I have to have the card in the Xmp3 player and use the Xmp3 music manager software in order for the Xmp3 to read the songs.