03-23-2011, 02:49 PM #1

Sirius SC-H1 module

I am attempting to use this unit interfaced in my car. I have the module powered, audio outputs using RCA cable to 1/8" to input into AUX port on car radio, and antenna functioning. Unfortunately the module does not light up, and of course so signal. Anyone tried this with any success?

Head Honcho
    03-23-2011, 02:59 PM #2
    You say that it is powered but, then you say, it does not light up. It sounds like it is not powered.

Why are you using a home tuner for a radio in your car? Just curious.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

03-23-2011, 03:40 PM #3
    Well, I mainly listen to Sirius at home on my theatre system. But when I travel, I was used to having Sirius in my vehicle. No longer the case, so rather then have to have two different subs (at additional cost of course), I am attempting to obviate that need and make the module function in the car

Head Honcho
    03-23-2011, 04:04 PM #4
    How are you powering the device in your car? Are you sure it is powered on?

Also, how are you going to change the channels? Doesn't that unit typically hook up to a radio specifically made for that unit?
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

03-23-2011, 07:29 PM #5
    You are correct, it is specifically for a home receiver and that is how I usually employ it. I have it powered by an inverter (12V DC to 120 AC) and plug the power cord into that. The inverter works for other power needs in the vehicle, so...??? As to changing the channels, good question. The similiar unit made just for after market attachments to auto radios has the same design, but must have different technology inside. Guess I will do without Sirius in the auto. Thanks for your responses.

Head Honcho
    03-23-2011, 10:43 PM #6
    I'm not an expert, maybe someone else with better knowledge will stop by and chime in.

What I will say is, you can get a second subscription added onto your account at a discount. I dont know what the going rate is, I think it might be an additional $6-$7 per month (instead of $13).
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder