Mentor
    03-17-2011, 11:52 AM #1

SiriusXM iPad-Optimized Design Now Available

SiriusXM App Featuring iPad-Optimized Design Now Available on the iTunes App Store

Howard Stern, commercial-free music, exclusive sports, talk, entertainment and comedy programming available from SiriusXM on the iPad, iPhone and iPod touch

Consumers will receive a 7-day introductory trial offer to experience SiriusXM Internet Radio on the iPad

NEW YORK, March 17, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Sirius XM Radio (Nasdaq: SIRI) today announced that an update to its free Apple iOS application, featuring a new iPad-optimized user interface, is now available on the iTunes App Store™. The SiriusXM Internet Radio App is designed for the iPad, iPhone and iPod touch and delivers over 120 SiriusXM channels of commercial-free music, sports, news, talk, entertainment and comedy programming on the go.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...118165464.html

Included in the new design are album art and artist biographies, adding information and depth to the SiriusXM music experience and enhancing the visual appearance on the iPad's large, high-resolution Multi-Touch™ display. Technical updates included in the SiriusXM Internet Radio App improve audio quality and performance on cellular networks.
    Last edited by Sirius Roadkill; 03-17-2011 at 09:36 PM.

Mentor
    03-17-2011, 09:44 PM #2
    As a follow-up . . I have no doubt that Tyler Savery will criticize the "7 Day Free Trial" as being too short . . . his suite-mates back at the dorm would prefer a 3 month free trial.

But remember Tyler . . . "we are running the business to make money." A 7 day free trial is more than ample; at some point your frat brothers will need to sh*t or get off the pot. And if they choose not to dip into their beer money to subscribe to premium quality satellite radio, there are plenty of free music lockers, cloud-based ipods and uncurated digital playlists which may be more in-line with their earning power.
    Last edited by Sirius Roadkill; 03-17-2011 at 09:46 PM.

Mentor
    03-17-2011, 11:27 PM #3

Stereolizer Turns Your iPad Into 1980s Radio-Cassette

"Jon Bon Jovi, the hair-metal legend, has been whining about digital music. Speaking to London’s Sunday Times, he said:

Kids today have missed the whole experience of putting the headphones on, turning it up to 10, holding the jacket, closing their eyes and getting lost in an album; and the beauty of taking your allowance money and making a decision based on the jacket, not knowing what the record sounded like, and looking at a couple of still pictures and imagining it.

Well, Mr. Bon Jovi, you might like to check out the Stereolizer, which turns your iPad into a 1980s stereo, complete with twitching VU-needles, a big volume knob and a tape deck, so you can pirate your music the old-fashioned way."

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2011/...adio-cassette/

Head Honcho
    03-18-2011, 01:04 AM #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Roadkill View Post
    As a follow-up . . I have no doubt that Tyler Savery will criticize the "7 Day Free Trial" as being too short . . . his suite-mates back at the dorm would prefer a 3 month free trial.
    Can I jump in? I prefer at least a one month trial. I disagree that you can take in the full breadth of Sirius XM in 7 days. It's not 7 days around the clock. It might be a couple of hours per day or, if they are not heavy users, a couple of hours across a couple of days, and the next thing you know, the trial period is over.

It takes 7 days to have a clue about what some of these talk shows are even talking about. There are long running themes and jokes that an average listener tuning in for a few hours will never understand.

I would love to see the stats on total time spent listening on these 7 day trials. I bet the average is under 5 hours. That is simply not enough time. What is 30 day trial really going to cost in the grand scheme of things? A couple of bucks?

I have a better idea. Give users a running timer. Give them 30 free hours to use and allow them to listen at their own pace. Then run the timer in the app so they are forced to be faced with the countdown. I am willing to bet the stress/anticipation of that timer would convert a higher number of users than a 7 day hard cutoff trial.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder