07-01-2008, 03:45 PM #1

More Tate discussion...

• Still undecided on how she is going to vote.
    • Prefers not to be the tie-breaker (although its almost guaranteed she is going to tip the scale unless Adelstein surprises us)
    • Sources say she is concerned about criticism Sirius/XM are drawing for repeaters and interoperable receiver mandate
    • Has recently voted against Martin, however she took a more conservative stance than he in that instance, and she has never voted against him "to the left"

http://today.reuters.com/news/articl...E-ANALYSIS.XML

----

Some people that Copps might be the only vote against. What has Adelstein shown or said that makes people believe he might be in favor of this? The article also mentioned Tate might use her position to extract more concessions from the companies.

Do you think they would go for that at this point? Or just draw a line in the sand? There's definitely a lot on the line with that.

Guru
    07-01-2008, 07:40 PM #2
    I agree that I have not seen much out of Adelstein that shows he would be in favor. I believe those that think he will vote in favor are democrats investor/subscribers that just cannot accept it is their own parties ideology that has stood in the way of this merger. Lets not forget Adelstein was with the 11 now 10 state AGs that wanted to stop the merger or put many more concession on it.