Page 7 of 21 ... 5678917 ...
    Head Honcho
    03-19-2011, 12:00 AM #61
    I haven't heard that clip yet but if that is accurate, I agree with Spencer. It doesn't matter if any of them are profitable. If a local bar offers free beers and continues to offer free beers for 17 years, plenty of people are going to choose that bar which offers free bud lights when people have to pay $5 for a higher quality import beer at the bar across the street.

Everyone's argument to that is, you can't stay in business if you are giving away something for free and losing money but, as Muscle says, 17 years later and this industry is still kicking around.

Personally, I don't even understand the profitability argument. Its a fun fact to throw around but, its meaningless.

The same people who scream about internet radio not being profitable are the same people who said Sirius XM didn't compete with these companies to begin with so, which is it? Do they not compete or do they compete but, they are just not profitable? Or is it both? If they don't compete... why get so animated about these non competing companies financial statements?

Something to think about.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Head Honcho
    03-19-2011, 12:38 AM #62
    I just listened to that clip and it was disturbing. No one should be that emotionally charged about spencer, damien, and newman shooting the shit on blogtalkradio. The man was brought to tears, he was shaking. I have been that worked up in my life but, NEVER over satellite radio.

How much money would you need to have lost or invested in a company to get that emotionally charged up? It would have to be my lifes savings.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Addict
    03-19-2011, 10:26 AM #63
    Oh My God, I have never laughed so hard in a long time...!!

This is almost better than listening to the real thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Roadkill View Post
    The solution is "C.) Pissing Up a Rope" . . . Tyler has never used this phrase while acting in an official capacity as an Internet Radio Blogger.

Considering Tyler's proclivity toward employing scatological references whenever possible, I could see how many of you were led astray on this one and chose "E.) Separating Down to a Gnat's Ass" because it sort of doesn't involve the potential for expulsion of a bodily fluid . . . but he did in fact use this phrase.

Now I know "airman" will be along shortly requesting that I provide the citation and context for that quote, so here it is, in advance:

It occurred on March 9, 2011 during an episode of Sirius Buzz Radio.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/playgro...ble-march-2011

I suggest you zoom ahead to the 26:50 mark . . . that is where muscle13 begins his blistering cross-examination of Tyler Savery

Savery was in the witness box, looking rather pasty and wearing a crumpled purple shirt with an open, unironed, collar and kind of smirking at the jury (pictured below). It was steamy in the courtroom and little beads of sweat had already begun to form around Savery's temples as muscle13 stood to address the court:

muscle: good evening your honor, muscle13 on behalf of Sirius XM
    judge: thank you muscle, you may proceed . . but keep it tight
    muscle: thank you your honor. This shouldn’t take long

In contrast to Savery, muscle was nicely tanned, looking as fresh as a flower . . cool as a cucumber, smartly dressed in a crisp white shirt, freshly pressed-collar, red power tie and dark navy suit . . . as he began his cross, muscle paced back and forth like a cheetah eyeing its prey, firing off rapid fire questions

muscle: name 1 profitable internet radio company in 17 years . . . 17 years . . . name me just ONE!
    savery: (inaudible)
    muscle: what other radio companies besides Sirius XM do you follow
    savery: (silence)
    muscle: name me 1 other radio company you have EVER followed. Name me ONE!
    savery: (sweating more profusely now) I'll name three . . . ABC, CBS & NBC
    (jurors roll eyes . . audience erupts in laughter . . . judge threatens to clear courtroom)

sensing the time is right, muscle moves in for the kill. stepping up to the witness box and resting 1 foot on the small ledge, muscle leans in closely (getting right up in Savery's grill) and shouts

muscle: TELL ME THE EBITDA MARGIN!
    savery: (silence)
    muscle: TELL ME CLEAR CHANNEL'S EBITDA MARGIN ON THUMBPLAY!
    savery: (mopping brow - silence)
    muscle: YOU STILL HAVEN'T ANSWERED MY QUESTION! TELL ME THE EBITDA MARGIN ON INTERNET RADIO

and this is where Savery cracks, screaming . . .

savery: I DON'T F*CKING CARE IF CLEAR CHANNEL IS PROFITABLE. EVERYONE WANTS TO SEPARATE THIS THING DOWN TO THE GNAT'S ASS

seeing he had broken the witness . . .

muscle: I have nothing further your honor (cooly, calmly and deliberately walking back to his seat)

and there you have it airman . . .

03-20-2011, 09:21 AM #64
    I agree sxmin, SRK's courtroom scene was hilarious!

Mentor
    03-20-2011, 06:09 PM #65

Breaking News - Juror Misconduct in "Pumpty-Dumpty" Trial!

Sources are telling me that Juror # 1, a white male, age 31, a Charles LaRocca, has been removed with cause from the Tyler Savery Internet Radio "Pumpty-Dumpty" trial . . . apparently LaRocca ignored the Judge's admonition not to begin deliberations until the case had been formally "given" to the Sirius Buzz jury.

Citing an anonymous SB juror, LaRocca was quoted as saying, "I agree with Spencer."

In other developments . . . the clerk has notified members of the media that closing arguments will be delivered later this evening . . SB members are urged to check back frequently for breaking details.

SRK reporting

Mentor
    03-20-2011, 08:03 PM #66
    Jurors summoned to courtroom . . muscle's closing argument imminent.

in the meantime . . in honor of Tyler's purple shirt . . . enjoy a little musical interlude

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axOvTex6ET0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0mc5TX_Fo4&NR=1
    Last edited by Sirius Roadkill; 03-20-2011 at 08:22 PM.

Mentor
    03-20-2011, 08:33 PM #67

All Rise!

Court is in session . . .

judge: Mr. Donnelly?

patrick donnelly: good evening your honor, Patrick Donnelly, General Counsel on behalf of Sirius XM

judge: yes, I can see that Mr. Donnelly. will you be doing the close this evening?

donnelly: no your honor. there's been a slight delay and we area awaiting the arrival of special counsel, muscle13. he's been unavoidably detained

judge: (looking down over reading glasses) mr. donnelly you have 30 minutes to find muscle13. If he's not in my courtroom in 30 minutes . . you will be doing the close; the court stands in recess.

Mentor
    03-20-2011, 08:38 PM #68
    totally free musical interlude . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tT0Eg...EMH8ufZbmLcNTv

Mentor
    03-20-2011, 09:18 PM #69
    muscle is in the parking lot!

Mentor
    03-20-2011, 09:36 PM #70
    just got a note from the clerk . . . judge is now leaving chambers and headed for courtroom . . buckle-up

Page 7 of 21 ... 5678917 ...