Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 202

Thread: Siri Stock Thread March 2011

  1. #181
    Sirius Roadkill is offline
    Mentor
    Sirius Roadkill's Avatar
    Joined: Feb 2009 Posts: 1,882
    btw, none of us know what the employment agreement actually says and we probably never will.

    Whether or not the language in the employment agreement is ambiguous remains to be seen.

    But in a discussion with julietoo earlier this week, she raised an interesting point I had not thought about . . . which is, if there is in fact ambiguity in the language of the employment agreement, a settlement is the most probable outcome . . . and of course the judge then helps the parties cut the baby in half before it ever gets to trial . . . but, more importantly, as julie pointed out . . . any settlement is likely to be structured anyway . . . so take the numbers you are hearing, cut them in half and divide by 5 years remaining on Stern's current contract and what you have is a pimple on the ass of an elephant.

    also, the notion that Stern has no claim because the merger wasn't formalized until 2011 ain't gonna fly . . . form over substance . . . it was a de facto merged entity in all outward appearances no matter how the bookkeeping was segregated and performed

    and the legitimacy of a class action by shareholders is dubious at best . . . but lawyers file lawsuits . . . that is what they do; the absence of a legitimate basis rarely seems to be an impediment to collecting due diligence fees and filing a frivolous claim (read Blessing)
    Last edited by Sirius Roadkill; 03-31-2011 at 10:38 PM.

  2. #182
    Havakasha is offline
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Roadkill View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gyu82...eature=related

    TELL ME THE EBITDA MARGIN

    Good thing you nailed it muscle . . . I was starting to run low on Vanna White pics!

    This last pic is for you muscle! Congrats!

    Well done SRK. Tons of entertainment.
    Well done Muscle as well.

  3. #183
    MUSCLE13 is offline
    Senior Member
    MUSCLE13's Avatar
    Joined: Jun 2007 Posts: 284
    Quote Originally Posted by julietoo View Post
    You already are famous Muscles. We need to get T shirts printed!

    Julie
    No, but it is pretty cool to see my message got through to some folks. The internet radio model is an extremely questionable business model and will continue to be as it has for 17 years. Pandora was first mover on smartphones and the avalanche of competition is coming. No barrier to entry.

    Not even addressing the variable costs of internet radio streaming compared to the fixed costs of sat radio, just picture this-

    Sat radio couldn't figure out how to make money with only 2 companies for years. How in the world will internet radio make money when 1 million are about to enter the smartphone market?

    Quite honestly there is a real question whether internet radio is a business or not. Ya gotta be forward thinking when you follow media. You can't just live in today. You gotta look at least 5 years out. Thats why I started investing in Mel and Howard in 1992. And looking 5 years out my opinion is the smartphone world will be flooded with internet radio. Absolutely flooded. Maybe 2 years out. Just my opinion.

  4. #184
    clueless is offline
    Senior Member
    clueless's Avatar
    Joined: May 2007 Location: New York Posts: 251
    Quote Originally Posted by MUSCLE13 View Post
    a gotta be forward thinking when you follow media. You can't just live in today. You gotta look at least 5 years out.
    Take some of your own advice. You have no idea what the future holds as far as trends and technology goes. Man's assumptions have been proven wrong every step along the way in our short time on this planet. Yet you speak like you know the future.

    Quote Originally Posted by MUSCLE13 View Post
    Just my opinion.
    Exactly.

  5. #185
    MUSCLE13 is offline
    Senior Member
    MUSCLE13's Avatar
    Joined: Jun 2007 Posts: 284
    Oh boy, the alternate screen name is back. As an investor it is pretty easy to learn the future of an industry if you are able plow through the garbage on the blogs and listen to the people who know the industry inside and out speak, because they have mastered the industry over their lifetimes. These are not bloggers and are not bullshit artist CEOs. They are the industry's veteran leaders that have succeeded for decades and are the most respected in the industry. When Karmazin, Pittman, and Smulyan speak it is worthwhile to take note.

    Who here founded MTV, arguably the most successful media company ever? Pittman did. Who here turned a 3 radio station company with no cash flow into a billion dollar EBITDA and a 20 billion dollar market cap in Infinity Broadcasting's sale to Viacom? Karmazin did.

    I have said this before. I invested in Karmazin's companies 20 years before any of you johnny come lately's even knew his name. I have no foresight? Sure.........

    Take care dudes.
    Last edited by MUSCLE13; 04-01-2011 at 03:36 PM.

  6. #186
    SiriusBuzz is offline
    Head Honcho
    SiriusBuzz's Avatar
    Joined: May 2007 Posts: 2,514
    This is my only screen-name. Why would I use a different screen-name to argue with you when I could just use this one?

    Listening to CEO's for knowledge about their industry is completely flawed logic. What CEO is going to paint his/her industry or company in a bad light? You think internet radio is bad business, fine, have that opinion but, don't go around spracking off on every single website, blog, and message board across the entire net (you have a lot of free time) preaching like you know the future and misleading people with your OPINION.

    I am invested in SIRI and made quite a bit of money doing so but, that doesn't mean I am going to ignore technology and what that means for these industries.

    5 years ago they said selling drugstore type items online was an impossible losing battle. The costs were too high and the margins were already too thin. Along comes soap.com, they create software which optimizes packing, stock 30+ box sizes, digitize their warehouse, and employ robots to seek out all the products and fill orders. Its been over a year since I have gone to Walmart or CVS and they said it couldnt be done. They said turning a profit was IMPOSSIBLE. Good thing the guys at soap didn't listen.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

  7. #187
    MUSCLE13 is offline
    Senior Member
    MUSCLE13's Avatar
    Joined: Jun 2007 Posts: 284
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    This is my only screen-name. Why would I use a different screen-name to argue with you when I could just use this one?

    Listening to CEO's for knowledge about their industry is completely flawed logic. What CEO is going to paint his/her industry or company in a bad light? You think internet radio is bad business, fine, have that opinion but, don't go around spracking off on every single website, blog, and message board across the entire net (you have a lot of free time) preaching like you know the future and misleading people with your OPINION.

    I am invested in SIRI and made quite a bit of money doing so but, that doesn't mean I am going to ignore technology and what that means for these industries.

    5 years ago they said selling drugstore type items online was an impossible losing battle. The costs were too high and the margins were already too thin. Along comes soap.com, they create software which optimizes packing, stock 30+ box sizes, digitize their warehouse, and employ robots to seek out all the products and fill orders. Its been over a year since I have gone to Walmart or CVS and they said it couldnt be done. They said turning a profit was IMPOSSIBLE. Good thing the guys at soap didn't listen.
    Who is "they", exactly where did I say it was "your" alternate screen name, and I have seen the light and decided to listen to Newman's thoughts on the future of the industry instead of Mel's.

  8. #188
    clueless is offline
    Senior Member
    clueless's Avatar
    Joined: May 2007 Location: New York Posts: 251
    Quote Originally Posted by MUSCLE13 View Post
    I have said this before. I invested in Karmazin's companies 20 years before any of you johnny come lately's even knew his name. I have no foresight? Sure.........
    You're a jerkoff, you know that right?

  9. #189
    MUSCLE13 is offline
    Senior Member
    MUSCLE13's Avatar
    Joined: Jun 2007 Posts: 284
    Quite honestly Charles, I choose NOT to listen to anybody outside the radio industry when I invest in radio. That includes myself. I am no expert in radio or media. It is not an industry I have ever worked in.

    Basically the only time I listen to my own thoughts about a subject is when I train in the gym. That's what I know. I rely on other peoples thoughts for investing purposes. People who have proven themselves in their chosen industries.

    There is also only one analyst that I have ever paid attention to and thats a pesron who unfortunately doesn't cover Sirius at the moment - Jessica Reif Cohen. Some are good some are bad - Jessica's work is something else entirely. I have no idea why she doesn't cover Sirius now.
    Last edited by MUSCLE13; 04-01-2011 at 04:21 PM.

  10. #190
    MUSCLE13 is offline
    Senior Member
    MUSCLE13's Avatar
    Joined: Jun 2007 Posts: 284
    Quote Originally Posted by clueless View Post
    You're a jerkoff, you know that right?
    Yes I know that. Thanks dude

  11. Ad Fairy Senior Member
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •