Page 10 of 21 ... 8910111220 ...
    Mentor
    03-22-2011, 08:57 PM #91

Join the Club: MOG Wants More Money for Digital Music, Too

Digital music service MOG, which raised $10 million a year ago and $15 million altogether, wants more. Its out trying to put together a funding round of $25 million to $30 million.

Nothing new there: Everyone is raising moneylots of moneyfor digital music services. Again. Even though the industrys track record for the last decade has ranged from uninspired to lousy.

Investors whove seen MOGs pitch tell me the company is projecting $14 million in revenue for next year, which seems like a very, very long stretch: Industry scuttlebutt places MOGs total subscriber base in the 20,000 range, which is where Thumbplay was before it gave up and sold to Clear Channel earlier this year.

http://mediamemo.allthingsd.com/2011...tal-music-too/

Mentor
    03-22-2011, 09:07 PM #92

Report: Citi Quietly Shopping EMI

While Warner Music Group's expected sale has been attracting headlines in recent weeks, the fate of EMI has been hovering in the background. According to the New York Post, Citigroup has been "quietly soliciting interested parties" and discussing which pieces of the music company they would be interested in, as well as how quickly a deal could be made.

"They're sorting the goats from the sheep, rather than entertaining all comers," an anonymous source told the paper.

http://www.fmqb.com/article.asp?id=2139875

Mentor
    03-22-2011, 09:22 PM #93
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Roadkill View Post
    Radio "shock jock" Howard Stern and his agent are suing Sirius XM Radio Inc. alleging that his client was promised performance-based stock awards the satellite radio company refused to pay.

"Stern enabled Sirius to surpass its internal subscriber targets by more than 2 million subscribers in 2006 and in 2007," the suit filed in New York State Supreme Court alleges.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...googlenews_wsj
    just in case Mel can't find the # on his Rolodex:

http://www.bsfllp.com/lawyers/data/0001

Mentor
    03-23-2011, 03:14 AM #94
    Maybe this will pull us back to that 1.49-1.52 set of lines on my old 2009 chart... or maybe to the last set 1.40-1.41. Was looking at it last week, and saw the 1.73-1.75 range set were pretty strong and held up pretty good, so have been looking for a downside catalyst. Anyway... when did this stuff come out?

Mentor
    03-23-2011, 03:15 AM #95
    Also, how's it going over here? Busy? I didn't read too many of the posts. See my sig is out of date, though I did buy some PWAV today, so back in that guy.

Mentor
    03-23-2011, 03:24 PM #96
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dave View Post
    Maybe this will pull us back to that 1.49-1.52 set of lines on my old 2009 chart... or maybe to the last set 1.40-1.41. Was looking at it last week, and saw the 1.73-1.75 range set were pretty strong and held up pretty good, so have been looking for a downside catalyst. Anyway... when did this stuff come out?
    Hi Dave - news broke yesterday afternoon; I have been hoping to do a small buyback at around $1.53; we could really use your chartology in the siri thread right now . . . much too hard to cut through all of the news clutter . . . got anything we can take a peek at?

Mentor
    03-23-2011, 03:27 PM #97
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dave View Post
    Also, how's it going over here? Busy? I didn't read too many of the posts. See my sig is out of date, though I did buy some PWAV today, so back in that guy.
    Haven't you heard Dave? We have been swamped over here!

We are now covering two ongoing lawsuits in the Siri Thread (scroll-up/back a little) . . . there is of course the Howard Stern lawsuit but we are also covering the "Pumpty-Dumpty" trial of Internet Radio Blogger Tyler Savery . . . the jury is now in Day 3 of deliberations. No word from the jury today; most, like us, are probably glued to the Stern story.

Stay tuned . . .
    Last edited by Sirius Roadkill; 03-23-2011 at 03:29 PM.

Mentor
    03-23-2011, 07:21 PM #98

Clear Channel kicks tires on Playlist.com assets

Howard Stern Lawsuit or no Howard Stern Lawsuit

Internet Radio Blogger Tyler Savery "Pumpty-Dumpty" deliberations or no deliberations

Business goes on as usual . . . don't get caught with your pants down!

Clear Channel Communications is one of the companies taking a serious look at the assets of Playlist.com, the once promising digital music service that filed for bankruptcy protection last summer, according to a source with knowledge of the negotiations.

Details are few, but apparently Clear Channel, the media conglomerate with a large stake in broadcast radio, concert promotion, and billboard advertising, is interested in the user interface and other technology belonging to the defunct Playlist.com, once known as Project Playlist.
    Read more: http://news.cnet.com/8301-31001_3-20...#ixzz1HT4RWIR9

Mentor
    03-23-2011, 07:26 PM #99

Slacker to deliver customizable ESPN programming

The ESPN Radio station on Slacker will offer programs like Mike & Mike in the Morning, SportsCenter and The Herd with Colin Cowherd. Slacker users will be able to add ESPN Radio content into their customized music stations, or opt to receive hourly sports news updates in English or Spanish from ESPN SportsCenter.
    http://textpattern.kurthanson.com/articles

Mentor
    03-23-2011, 07:33 PM #100

More Details Emerge On Stern-Sirius Lawsuit

The WSJ notes that it is unclear, but the disagreement may revolve around whether XM subscribers added by the Sirius-XM merger count towards the subscriber goals laid out in Stern's contract.

Sirius XM told the WSJ that Stern is a "valued part of our company," and added that the company was "surprised and disappointed" by the legal action. "We have met all of our obligations under the terms of our 2004 agreement with Howard, his agent and production company."
    http://www.fmqb.com/article.asp?id=2142205

Page 10 of 21 ... 8910111220 ...