Page 3 of 21 1234513 ...
    Mentor
    03-11-2011, 09:25 PM #21

Analyst looks at the Citadel sale multiple

ok . . warning! when you read this one, you must do as Tiger-Blood-Savery once advised me and "think deeper man" . . . clue: think about siri's EBITDA growth rate and ask yourself what investors are exchanging present dollars for . . ok, now read-away (oops, one more thing . . . note to David Bank: David you have special permission to ignore the EBITDA growth rate and continue to use Viacom as a comp for siri)

"Marci Ryvicker at Wells Fargo Securities has been looking at the final deal terms for Cumulus Media to acquire Citadel Broadcasting and she likes what she sees. She said it validates the trading multiples of 8-10 times EBITDA for broadcast stocks both radio and TV."

http://www.rbr.com/media-news/wall-s...-multiple.html

Mentor
    03-11-2011, 09:32 PM #22

Bill introduced to foster FCC commissioner get-togethers

"According to the rules, about the only time more than two FCC commissioners get to see one another in person is at the monthly Open Meeting or at some other official gathering. A new bipartisan bill from House Commerce Committee members would change all that.

The bill comes from Anna Eshoo (D-CA), John Shimkus (R-IL) and Mike Doyle (D-PA) and is called the Federal Communications Commission Collaboration Act.

According to the legislative trio, The FCC Collaboration Act would modify current FCC rules to allow three or more Commissioners to hold nonpublic collaborative discussions, as long as no agency action is taken. The legislation would also ensure that a member of each political party is represented in any such discussions.

http://www.rbr.com/media-news/washin...togethers.html

Mentor
    03-11-2011, 09:44 PM #23

Clear Channel Acquires Thumbplay Music

REPOSTING THIS ARTICLE FOR ARCHIVING PURPOSES

"A Wall Street Journal story on the acquisition described Thumbplay Music's business as "struggling" and noted that the venture's financial backers did not expect to fully recover their estimated $41 million investment from the sale."

http://radiomagonline.com/digital_ra...humbplay-0302/

Mentor
    03-13-2011, 10:05 PM #24
    Sirius Buzz Trivia:

Tyler Savery has never referred to members of the Sirius Buzz forum community as:

A.) Cheerleaders
    B.) Unsophisticated
    C.) Rookies
    D.) The Brightest & The Best
    E.) Complete Idiots

Off-topic political post: So first, why am I posting it here. That's easy, that SB Political Thread is a Black Hole, a Bermuda Triangle, Quicksand . . . an Abyss from which no one ever returns. Think about all of the quality posters who left the Siri Stock Thread never to return:

john - caught-up in dual with Lloyd Handwringer . . burned-out and never returned . . anywhere!

havakasha - aka Lloyd . . . went over to fight-off john and never returned (he won't even notice his name posted in this thread)

candleman - went over to back-up Lloyd . . nearly had a coronary fighting john and never returned

siriusly long - ok, with timely intervention, SL could still be saved; occasionally you will see him peeking over the crevasse

ok, now my political comment:

If any of these Fed Chiefs, including the current Federal Reserve Chairman (a former school board member here in New Jersey), really think that the American public believes that "inflation is under control," they are as badly mistaken as the doddering old fool who previously presided over the Fed (Alan Greenspan) when he assured investors that there was no "housing bubble (*)."

NY Fed chief's anti-inflation gospel falls on deaf ears

When New York Federal Reserve Bank President William C. Dudley tried on Friday to persuade a Queens audience that inflation is under control, he nearly ended up with a Bronx cheer.

Dudley tried to make his case by citing the iPad 2 as an example of how consumers are getting more bang for the buck. "Today you can buy an iPad 2 that costs the same as an iPad 1. That's twice as powerful," he told an SRO meeting of the Queens Chamber of Commerce in Flushing.

Unfortunately for Dudley, several audience members were more concerned about the price of groceries than the wonders of Moore's law, a tech rule of thumb that computing power doubles every two years for the same price.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/busines...#ixzz1GXGFimZh

(*) "While local economies may experience significant price imbalances, a national severe price distortion seems most unlikely in the United States, given its size and diversity."

Alan Greenspan - October 19, 2004
    Last edited by Sirius Roadkill; 03-13-2011 at 10:23 PM.

Mentor
    03-13-2011, 10:37 PM #25

Attack of the 'killer' popcorn

WASHINGTON -- Movie-theater chains are fighting a federal requirement to disclose that their popcorn contains up to 1,460 calories -- equal to almost three Big Macs.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/nationa...#ixzz1GXMxYDZP

hmmmmmm . . . this explains a lot!

All that $7.00 a-tub movie theatre popcorn that Savery's been consuming lately could be clogging his arteries and cutting-off circulation to the left-side of his brain (the math/logic side); fortunately, however, the right-side of Tyler's brain (the creative side) is functioning well and still appears to be getting plenty of good blood-flow . . .
    Last edited by Sirius Roadkill; 03-13-2011 at 10:41 PM.

Legend
    03-14-2011, 02:20 PM #26
    Funny stuff S&R on the history of the political thread.
    Now tell us more about the present inflation rate and where it will be in 2012 and 2013 etc.
    I'm fascinated. Sort of.

Mentor
    03-14-2011, 07:22 PM #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    Funny stuff S&R on the history of the political thread.
    Now tell us more about the present inflation rate and where it will be in 2012 and 2013 etc.
    I'm fascinated. Sort of.
    Oh no, not me . . . sorry Lloyd . . no time right now . . . I have to cash my disability check and then get straight to the liquor store. Time is money.

With all the time you've spent in the political thread you could have had that documentary finished by now!

btw . . could you set me up with 2 tickets for the screening?
    Last edited by Sirius Roadkill; 03-14-2011 at 09:29 PM.

Mentor
    03-14-2011, 07:28 PM #28
    [QUOTE=Sirius Roadkill;67636]Sirius Buzz Trivia:

Tyler Savery has never referred to members of the Sirius Buzz forum community as:

A.) Cheerleaders
    B.) Unsophisticated
    C.) Rookies
    D.) The Brightest & The Best
    E.) Complete Idiots

The answer is "B.) Unsophisticated"

That was a term once used by Mel to describe Sirius XM shareholders . . . not by Tyler Savery.

Mentor
    03-14-2011, 07:30 PM #29
    I hear-tell Tyler is working up a new Pandora article:

"Tell me Magic Eight Ball . . . will Pandora soon be profitable?"
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Sirius Roadkill; 03-14-2011 at 07:52 PM.

Mentor
    03-14-2011, 07:34 PM #30
    "damn! this friggin thing must be off . . . let me try again"
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Sirius Roadkill; 03-14-2011 at 07:53 PM.

Page 3 of 21 1234513 ...