Page 3 of 3 123
    06-30-2008, 03:10 PM #21
    The PPS reaction is astounding. What did people expect? 4 billion in synergies in the first year? Or is it still manipulation? I'm betting on the latter.

And John Kerry is off his rocker with this demand. This must be the result of a last minute lobbying effort by the NAB. This is out of desperation, not rationality.

06-30-2008, 03:13 PM #22
    Actually, my best is the PPS went down because this is the "rumor" that drove it up on Friday. People are just buying on the rumor and selling on the news.

06-30-2008, 03:21 PM #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Dlite View Post
    Actually, my best is the PPS went down because this is the "rumor" that drove it up on Friday. People are just buying on the rumor and selling on the news.
    I think its a combination of that, and people just waiting for a weekend announcement and wanting to be in because of all the recent activity and buzz. The thing I don't understand is who immediately sells back out of it? It doesn't make sense to me.

06-30-2008, 03:31 PM #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Seamless82 View Post
    Senator Kerry wrote a letter to the FCC - was just posted today. Him and 2 other senators want them to give up as much as 50% of their spectrum.
    The actual number;

For one, they said, the proposal to set aside 12 channels for minority programmers and another 12 channels for noncommercial informational programming -- a total of 8% of their spectrum -- is not enough to ensure "viable competition" to the combined company. They added that it needs to be at least 20%, or as many as 50 channels.
    And that's Kerry for you. Mr. hypocrite himself. He's all for renewable resources as long as they are not in his "backyard".

Another NAB whore.

And btw, as mentioned above this position of his is nothing new.

Page 3 of 3 123