Page 1 of 3 123
    Banned
    06-29-2008, 09:12 AM #1

RUMOR mill.....but plausible...

This info was posted on th e yahoo message board. It's dated the 28th.

"I have a good friend who works at the accounting department at XM - They were told to report first thing this morning to start the QTR close - ( they never are called in for the weekend.) They were also told that anyone thinking of taking a vacation or the day of July 4th better cancel their plans. In his words, something changed yesterday ....not normal activity in the office"
    Now the yahoo boards are famous for not so reliable info. But look what was posted today!

"The most recent annual report, and if applicable, quarterly report, is available for XM Satellite Radio Holdings Inc.
    Last update: 6/29/2008 5:55:51 AM
    XM Satellite Radio Holdings Inc.: The most recent annual report, and if applicable, quarterly report, is available at no fee.
    To order, visit http://djnewswires.ar.wilink.com/?link=X... or call 1-888-301-0513
    Click here to go to Dow Jones NewsPlus, a web front page of today's most important business and market news, analysis and commentary: http://www.djnewsplus.com/al?rnd=e5dpcBE... You can use this link on the day this article is published and the following day.
    (END) Dow Jones Newswires
    June 29, 2008 05:55 ET (09:55 GMT)
    Copyright © 2008 MarketWatch, Inc. All rights reserved. Please see our Terms of Use.
    MarketWatch, the MarketWatch logo, and BigCharts are registered trademarks of MarketWatch, Inc.

News provided by Dow Jones NewswiresSM, PR News Wire™ and Business Wire™. Dow Jones Newswires is a service mark of Dow Jones & Company. PR News Wire is a Trademark of PR Newswire Association, Inc. Business Wire is a registered trademark and service mark of Business Wire.

Ameritrade is not responsible for the quality and suitability of third party financial or investment information or services. Please consult other sources of information and consider your individual financial position and goals before making an investment decision. Ameritrade, Division of Ameritrade, Inc., member NASD/SIPC. Ameritrade and Ameritrade logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of Ameritrade IP Company, Inc. 2002 Ameritrade IP Company, Inc. All rights reserved. Used with permission. "

Thats some pretty good "not so reliable" info! Don't you think? The SEC has no filings posted for the 29th. In fact they have not processed any since the 26th. So tomorrow will tell the story...

http://messages.finance.yahoo.com/St...65&tof=3&frt=2

http://messages.finance.yahoo.com/St...09&tof=2&frt=2
    Last edited by crfceo; 06-29-2008 at 09:14 AM.

06-29-2008, 11:40 AM #2
    Put it in perspective for me. How long does it normally take them to issue the quarterly statements?

Banned
    06-29-2008, 11:56 AM #3
    about 4-8 weeks

1Q ending March 31,2008 this year was reported May 12, 2008.

Annual report 10k, ending December 31,2008 was reported Febuary 28, 2008.

3Q 2007 ending September 30, 2007 was reported October 30, 2007

get the picture?

Mentor
    06-29-2008, 01:50 PM #4
    XM will not release earnings unless they absolutely have to. They will wait until the last possible day, just like they did for first quarter reports (May 12th was the last day to give 1st qtr earnings under NASDAQ rules). XM is in no hurry to get the information ready. They are hoping the merger is approved first, then they will not have to give earnings. Sirius will provide earnings, and announce that they will aggregate the information from XM and give at the 3rd quarter call.

If anything is going to happen on the 4th, it will be the FCC announcing approval, but I doubt that will happen until the 11th at the earliest.

06-29-2008, 02:07 PM #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    XM will not release earnings unless they absolutely have to.
    Maybe I am not understanding. Wasn't that DJ newswire saying that the earnings were being released?

Banned
    06-29-2008, 02:10 PM #6
    it looks to me like xm reported them today (Last update: 6/29/2008 5:55:51 AM ) based on this post. We'll know tomorrow.

06-29-2008, 07:55 PM #7
    Newman, I agree with you. Regardless of the Yahoo rumor mill of what supposedly went down over the weekend, I do not expect to see any quarterly filing from XM in the next week or so. Sorry to be a party pooper, but I don't see or hear that anything is on the way.

Banned
    06-29-2008, 08:18 PM #8
    I'm having a brain freeze! Am I the only one who sees that dow jones is reporting that xm's report was updated sunday morning at 5 something a.m.?
    Which followed a post that xm was to have their report done this weekend?

The first post alone I could understand being met with a high degree of skepticism. The second post certainly lends credibility to the first.

06-29-2008, 10:36 PM #9
    So does this mean that MSFT is going to release their Q2 numbers too tomorrow -- even though they've historically filed their quarterly reports 3 weeks after the end of a quarter... and have NEVER filed it early?

The most recent annual report, and if applicable, quarterly report, is available for Microsoft Corporation
    Jun 29, 2008
    Microsoft Corporation: The most recent annual report, and if applicable, quarterly report, is available at no fee.

To order, visit http://djnewswires.ar.wilink.com/?link=MSFT or call 1-888-301-0513

Click here to go to Dow Jones NewsPlus, a web front page of today's most important business and market news, analysis and commentary: http://www.djnewsplus.com/al?rnd=e5d...Jp8A%3D%3D. You can use this link on the day this article is published and the following day.

(END) Dow Jones Newswires

June 29, 2008 04:46 ET (08:46 GMT)

SOURCE: DJN

http://www.predictwallstreet.com/new...06&symbol=MSFT

Mentor
    06-29-2008, 10:55 PM #10
    OMG!! DUH!!!!!!

The most recent annual report, and if applicable, quarterly report, is ALWAYS AVAILABLE!!!

It does not say Q2 report. It says most recent report. Q1 is the most recent report.

I just downloaded the report. First page says:

Formr 10k
    XM Satellite Radio Inc - N/A
    Filed: February 28, 2008 (period: December 31,2007)

So much for that "Breaking News!"

Page 1 of 3 123