07-08-2007, 10:12 AM #1

Nascar 2007

Sitting here listening to 128 with my coffee this am.
    Several observations:
    1. High quality of programming.
    2. Variety and diversity of callers.
    3. ABSOLUTE LOYALTY of callers.
    4.the number of callers that claim to be SIRI subscribers because of 128 with many convertions from XM.

The NASCAR subscrption #s should start to show in this quarter results.

Disclaimer: SIRI long. Nascar fan.

Head Honcho
    07-08-2007, 10:29 AM #2

The programming is good

Sirius took the nascar programming to the next step, and developed something that gives value to a nascar fan. Programming such as this is a key to continued success. Nascar races are available from many sources, so by offering something above and beyond, Sirius can get and keep subscribers. From there, word of mouth will keep the service growing. Another example of this is the NFL channel. Very good football talk all year, and something that adds more than just the games.

In my opinion the real consumer value in satellite radio comes from the wide variety of programming that includes specialized shows and channels to fit various niches and channels that cater to every conceivable fan.
    Tyler Savery
    Satellite Standard Founder

07-08-2007, 04:08 PM #3
    Sirius's success is hinged on the ability to take each listening experience to the next level. I really think that this ability was discovered by accident. Sirius missed the boat on being first to market due to the botched job on their initial chipset designs. This was the event that made them the underdog in the two horse race. From then on, Sirius creatively seperated themselves from XM by delivering the better listening experience, especially with content that was previously on XM. It takes vision, great management and good decisions to make this happen.

I'm not really a big NASCAR fan but I can see the draw to Sirius because of the new experience that Sirius can offer for those fans. I understand that if you tivo delay 18 seconds in the video it will sync up to the in car pit crew communications. Very Cool!!

07-09-2007, 10:32 AM #4
    I understand that if you tivo delay 18 seconds in the video it will sync up to the in car pit crew communications. Very Cool!!

That's a great idea will it work with SIRI DVR?
    Mine generally operates like my VCR....only with operators manual.

07-09-2007, 09:18 PM #5
    SIRI DVR?

Ok, now you lost me.

07-10-2007, 06:33 PM #6
    SIRI on my brain until it huts $20/pps
    I mean Directv DVR