Page 1 of 2 12
    Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    01-28-2011, 11:23 AM #1

February 2011, the depth of winter......

The Candleman is back! And it's time to start a new thread for the long cold winter.....
    Read the disclaimers at the start of the October thread, we'll consider those warnings and advice as current today as they were then.

Good luck with your investing and stay warm everyone!

Chuck

Mentor
    01-28-2011, 11:25 AM #2
    Our old buddy Quasar Aerospace is on the move today. Yesterdays close was .0016. At the start of the morning we reached .0035 on news of a merger with another company. Check out the shrub and or check with your brokerage for news on QASP.

For those of us who still hold BEHL, it sure would be nice to get some positive news that would move that baby off the cellar floor.

Legend
    01-28-2011, 12:26 PM #3
    And where the hell have you been? Welcome back. Nothing much has changed except the rise of SXM"s price.

01-28-2011, 02:09 PM #4
    Welcome back Chuck! You have been missed. Hop on over to the Sirius stock thread
    and play the trivia game. You have a good chance of guessing correctly.

Julie

01-30-2011, 12:11 PM #5
    So you came back after being gone months and months, (a tiny exaggeration) started a new thread, then
    left again. What's up with that? I suppose you went back to lying on the beach.

Julie

Mentor
    01-31-2011, 09:48 AM #6
    hahaha Julie, I'm glad to see that your sense of humor is as strong as ever...and not the least bit shaken by the coldest winter I care to remember!
    I never really left...I just got really busy. My wholesale business almost doubled this year. Around the first of October, I started putting in 14 hour days seven days a week. And I was left with virtually no time for anything else. And my penny stocks were all just real stinkers too!
    We're still busy, but I have a bit more time and thought I'd pop back into "The Buzz" and liven things up a bit.

And as for your "lying on the beach" comment......Let me tell you Miss Julie, it's been damn cold in North Carolina this winter. We have had only about 10 days since Thanksgiving that it's been near 40 here. The average high is supposed to be about 55 and we haven't had one day near that in over 60 days. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm whinning!!!! LOL

Guru
    02-01-2011, 10:56 AM #7
    Yo Chuck, nice to see you again. While we all missed your sense of humor, it sounds like you're business is going great!! Congratulations. Let it be an example that you don't need government to work hard and earn success (couldn't resist lol).

It's been a miserable winter up here too Chuck. Started too early for one, and man has it been gray. Gray with flurries day after day. Like everything, it adds up. And now when we get out of January, here comes a whopper. You have a winter like this and you start to wish global warming was true (couldn't resist lol - I'm so weak).

I'm still holding SPNG at $0.0001 lol.

Mentor
    02-01-2011, 12:28 PM #8
    SL, you have no resistance whatsoever....LOL It's SO easy to get those political pokes in!!!

SPNG, I don't know if it's possible to sell it. Maybe someday somebody will buy the shell and we'll see what happens after that.

I'm still holding strong on BEHL for the same reason. It seems like the company has folded and picked up by a foriegn company. Who knows where that one will go.

QASP is still qasping for life. It's up to a quarter of a penny again. This is still a possible runner and I still think worth owning a little bit of.

One thing for sure is that these penny stocks are no way to invest in your future. The Big Boys are still the only way to go for that as far as I'm concerned. Sprint, Siri, JetBlue, Ford, GE, hell, even WalMart. Those are the babies to put the cash into. SIRI sure has been good to all of us!

By the way, it's good to be back. I can't be as active as before, but I'll try and check in from time to time.

Guru
    02-02-2011, 08:33 PM #9
    $hit man, I'm glad you're alive. The internet is so impersonal, yet when one of you fellow posters go MIA................. Penny stocks do suck. I'm still holding 50,000 shares of SINX. Check that one out. I bought in the 20's and today it's trading at 4 cents. Back then it was a risk I was willing to take. Since my portfolio has shrunk, it is now "significant". Ce la vie.

Mentor
    02-07-2011, 09:44 AM #10
    Chuck

Welcome back!!! Been real slow here!! Now if we can just get Alaska Guy, BillHart, and a few others...Heaven!!!!

Hey Julie...Hope you got a new snow shovel for Christmas!!!

JS

Page 1 of 2 12