02-13-2011, 11:22 AM #1

Thumbs down Can't get the new Internet Player to work

The old player worked fine, this new player exhibits the following behavior:
    1. Upon launch, nothing plays (most of the time, one time out of twenty it started playing after about 2 minutes or so)
    2. I click on other stations and select "Listen" the interface says it's playing the new station but there's no audio. Sometimes the graphics show (album cover) but sometimes not.
    3. I click the Pause button but nothing happens - it does not turn into a play button.
    4. I'm trying everything to get this to work but it is very buggy and does not seem ready for production use.

My system is Windows 7. Tried Internet Explorer and Google Chrome - same results. My sound card is fine, Pandora plays with no problems at all (and it's free).

I see the new player lets us "Buy" songs though. Seems SiriusXM is more interested in that than providing a service I'm already paying for.

02-13-2011, 01:40 PM #2
    I'm having the same problems. I have called Sirius three times about this. The last time they said to give it 5 days and they'd get the bugs worked out.

It's been 5 days and it's more buggy than it was. Sometimes, when I can get it to play, it stops, without warning. When I try to get it to play again, nothing.

Needless to say, I'm pissed@!

Head Honcho
    02-13-2011, 10:18 PM #3
    I have the same problem when I first login sometimes. Simply changing the channel to a random channel and then back to the one I want to listen to seems to solve the problem for me. Something about logging back into a channel you were listening to seems broken.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder