Mentor
    02-10-2011, 05:20 PM #1

Liberty Media on the Prowl?

Live Nation is “looking through Liberty’s whole portfolio” for opportunities to work together, said Azoff, who pointed to home-shopping channel QVC, Sirius XM Radio Inc. and premium cable channel Starz as areas of interest.

Concert promoter Live Nation Entertainment Inc. is looking at possible acquisitions with John Malone’s Liberty Media Corp., its largest shareholder, and is considering ways the companies can work together.

“We’re on the prowl together,” Live Nation Chairman Irving Azoff said in an interview yesterday at the company’s Beverly Hills, California, offices. Liberty Media Chief Executive Officer Greg Maffei participated by phone.

The ties are deepening as Liberty Media increases its stake in Live Nation, the world’s biggest concert promoter and ticket- seller. Live Nation is “looking through Liberty’s whole portfolio” for opportunities to work together, said Azoff, who pointed to home-shopping channel QVC, Sirius XM Radio Inc. and premium cable channel Starz as areas of interest.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-0...tml?cmpid=yhoo
    Last edited by Sirius Roadkill; 02-10-2011 at 06:32 PM.

Head Honcho
    02-10-2011, 07:00 PM #2
    It only makes sense. I believe livenation is currently tied into Pandora. Which Sirius XM latest and future improvements, livenation would be a great fit.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Mentor
    02-10-2011, 07:22 PM #3
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    It only makes sense. I believe livenation is currently tied into Pandora. Which Sirius XM latest and future improvements, livenation would be a great fit.
    Are you thinking "on-demand" live concert$ via satrad 2.0?

This has the makings of an interesting article Chuck (hint-hint)

I have also seen very little reported on Morgan Stanley booking the Pandora IPO . . this would also make an interesting article, particularly in light of the fact that Morgan just issued an "Overweight" rating on Siri with a bullish outlook and $2.00 price target . . .
    Last edited by Sirius Roadkill; 02-10-2011 at 07:33 PM.

Head Honcho
    02-10-2011, 09:56 PM #4
    No, I think it will have more to do with adding additional band info and the ability to buy tickets to upcoming shows based on a users location.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder