02-06-2011, 10:43 PM #1

Question about recording from Sirius

I have a Sirius car account. I'd like to be able to listen to Sirius in my office but I am under a metal roof and I can't even get reception from local stations let alone a satellite. Can't get Sirius online at work because I am on a secure network. That leaves my ipod for music, etc.

If I add a Sirius online account, is it possible to record at home to my hard drive then move it to my ipod allowing me to listen at work? If so, what software would I use to save it to my hard drive music files?

Thanks

Head Honcho
    02-07-2011, 12:52 AM #2
    Your network at work cannot access the internet?

Can you bring your own device and access the internet? If you could connect an iPhone or personal laptop you could get the feed at work.

To answer you question, yes, you can record the stream at home using software like replay A/V. I use it every now and then when I have a long meeting so I dont miss any parts of my favorite shows.

Welcome to the forums. I hope this helps.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

02-07-2011, 10:41 PM #3
    For the most part I am able to access the internet but since I am on a rather secure network many sites are blocked and I am unable to stream. Nor can I bring in my own laptop and even cell phone signals are weak due to the type of building.

Depending on the size of the file, what I'd like to do is to record about 72 straight hours or so at a time of a couple channels, then load that onto an ipod. I'm guessing I wouldn't get too many repeats in that time.

If you think that will give me the capability I seek, I'll look into that replay A/V. Hopefully it will help solve my problem, thanks!
    Last edited by KAYAK99; 02-07-2011 at 11:01 PM.

Head Honcho
    02-07-2011, 10:46 PM #4
    That's tough. I use to work in a building like that for a company that locked down what websites we could use. It was so annoying. That kind of stuff just winds up limiting productivity. If I could login to my trading account for 5 minutes and check something, it would be over and done with but, because I was blocked, I would spend hours trying to circumvent the system or just sit their worrying rather than working.

Let me know how replay works for you. I am a big fan so far.

Glad I could help.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder