Page 5 of 10 ... 34567 ...
    Mentor
    02-10-2011, 11:24 AM #41
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    Has anyone here had an issue with their lifetime subscriptions? I hope this is isolated but, it sounds like there are at least thousands of people out there that meet this criteria. This shit makes me so mad that I want to stop coming to my own website and reading sirius xm news for a week.

http://www.timesunion.com/local/arti...ss-1006251.php

"I turned on my car radio, and it just said 'no satellite service,'" Anne told me. "At first, I thought it was just a fluke, but it didn't come back. I logged onto my account (online) and I was denied access to it."
    "One likely reason that the issue is emerging now, based on what others have told me, is that XM's subscriber information system was just "migrated" to the Sirius system late last year. Under the Sirius system, multiple plans purchased by one subscriber must have the same start and end dates. This means the company needs to develop a "fix" for people who bought lifetime subscriptions.

Anne Bielkiewicz told me one Sirius XM rep she spoke with said the staff has been flooded with calls from people who have lost their service without explanation."
    ouch.

I hate to hear this kind of stuff too . . . but lets find out how widespread it is before we start boycotting SB - lol.

we just don't know at this point

Mentor
    02-10-2011, 11:39 AM #42
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    So, all I have to do is say something stupid and he will come? Like Batman?
    Yup. That's all it normally takes. And if you really want to boil his blood (although I don't recommend doing this), just say something stupid about convertible bonds.

Although Batman is a good comparison, I tend to think of homer more like Underdog . . remember the words to the theme song?

"when in this world the headlines read
    of those whose hearts are filled with greed
    who rob and steal from those who need
    to right this wrong with blinding speed
    goes Underdog! Underdog! Underdog! Underdog!"
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mentor
    02-10-2011, 04:36 PM #43
    Well, 3:30 est, less than 20mm shares traded and price is flat.

Looks like the traders are positioned right where they want to be, standing pat and satisfied to play the hand they have going into Tuesday . . . . I am guessing Friday/Monday's trades will bring more of the same . . seems that everybody is all set-up for Tuesday.

Lack of pre-release is interesting this time around as all metrics have been moving in the right direction . . and on record pace. The refinancing costs have been pretty well disected and we know the OEM partners had a strong Q.

Nothing left to do but play the game . . . . I wonder what Dr. Dave's charts are telling him right now?

Where are you Dave?
    Last edited by Sirius Roadkill; 02-10-2011 at 05:33 PM.

Mentor
    02-10-2011, 04:54 PM #44
    a little action stirring on the western front . . LCAPA closes up 0.82% on above average volume.

Looks like the siri shorts "could" have unwound on 2/2, 2/3

LCAPA had high volume on 2/3, 2/4
    Last edited by Sirius Roadkill; 02-10-2011 at 05:34 PM.

Mentor
    02-10-2011, 05:18 PM #45

Live Nation on the Prowl?

Concert promoter Live Nation Entertainment Inc. is looking at possible acquisitions with John Malone’s Liberty Media Corp., its largest shareholder, and is considering ways the companies can work together.

“We’re on the prowl together,” Live Nation Chairman Irving Azoff said in an interview yesterday at the company’s Beverly Hills, California, offices. Liberty Media Chief Executive Officer Greg Maffei participated by phone.

The ties are deepening as Liberty Media increases its stake in Live Nation, the world’s biggest concert promoter and ticket- seller. Live Nation is “looking through Liberty’s whole portfolio” for opportunities to work together, said Azoff, who pointed to home-shopping channel QVC, Sirius XM Radio Inc. and premium cable channel Starz as areas of interest.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-0...tml?cmpid=yhoo
    Last edited by Sirius Roadkill; 02-10-2011 at 05:22 PM.

Mentor
    02-10-2011, 08:00 PM #46

Updated List of Important Dates

2/15 Sirius XM Q4 & FY Conference Call
    2/15 Live Nation at Goldman Sachs Tech/Internet Conf at 3:20 p.m. PT*
    2/18 Options Expiration Friday
    2/24 SRK Vacation
    2/28 Liberty Media Conference Call **
    2/28 Live Nation Earnings Conference Call at 2:00 p.m. PT
    3/07 Liberty Media Restrictions Eased
    6/01 johnnyirish cracks $800k/Flies Sheree to Vegas
    9/01 mr & mrs johnny & sheree-irish crack $1mm
    9/02 sheree flies johnny to Dominican
    9/03 johnny flies back to Valley Forge with $500k
    9/04 ex mrs sheree irish starts up new Siri website, Queen of All Trades***

* The ties are deepening as Liberty Media increases its stake in Live Nation, the world’s biggest concert promoter and ticket- seller. Live Nation is “looking through Liberty’s whole portfolio” for opportunities to work together, said Azoff, who pointed to home-shopping channel QVC, Sirius XM Radio Inc. and premium cable channel Starz as areas of interest.

** Liberty Media Corporation (Nasdaq: LCAPA, LCAPB, LINTA, LINTB, LSTZA, LSTZB) will release its fourth quarter earnings on Monday, February 28th at 12:00 p.m. (ET). Greg Maffei, Liberty Media's President and CEO, will host the call. During the call, Mr. Maffei will discuss the company's financial performance and outlook and may discuss the previously announced split-off of the Liberty Capital and Liberty Starz tracking stock groups.

*** Which doesn't require registration to simply view the forum posts!
    Last edited by Sirius Roadkill; 02-10-2011 at 08:46 PM.

Mentor
    02-11-2011, 01:16 PM #47
    Less than 10mm shares traded by Noon

Siri holding pattern continues from yesterday . . . landing gear won't drop til Tuesday.

Up 1.14% since last Friday's close . .
    Last edited by Sirius Roadkill; 02-11-2011 at 01:26 PM.

Mentor
    02-11-2011, 01:19 PM #48
    LCAPA up 1.12% on very strong volume

Up 3.76% since last Friday's close . . .
    Last edited by Sirius Roadkill; 02-11-2011 at 01:25 PM.

Mentor
    02-11-2011, 01:23 PM #49
    Live Nation (LYV) . . . up 10.50% since last Friday's close.

Mentor
    02-11-2011, 04:26 PM #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Roadkill View Post
    Less than 10mm shares traded by Noon

Siri holding pattern continues from yesterday . . . landing gear won't drop til Tuesday.

Up 1.14% since last Friday's close . .
    WOW! what the hell happen? Went for a workout and come back to see $1.85!

johnnyirish is on expedia right now shopping airfare to Vegas

Page 5 of 10 ... 34567 ...