Mentor
    03-04-2011, 12:44 PM #1

Mel Was Right Again . . . .

Just returned from vacation . . . if you go to Florida, be prepared to hurry-up and wait . . and make sure you pack food if you go to the theme parks! (1/2 hour wait to get a chocolate milk shake at Universal's Ben & Jerrys - ooh-fah . . . Nathan's was even worse Lloyd!)

Now back to business.

At the 2/15/11 Conference Call, Mel Karmazin said the following:

"We think that there is an awful lot of people who like the, Slacker, Pandora, Last.fm, iheart services because it’s free. Nothing is really free because the way they make their money is they make you listen to commercials and a lot of that IP content as they get and try to get more and more revenue are going to be running more and more commercials."

Tyler Savery was visibly shaken by Mel's offensive comments and on 2/22/11 rebutted as follows:

"As for Karmazins comment…..He is pumping so much shit in that statement that we all need to buy hip waders! Anyone who believes what Karmazin is saying there on blind faith is a bigger idiot than I could possibly imagine!"

Then, on March 3, 2011 . . . Tyler Savery posts the following article on his Internet Radio Blog:

"Pandora announced Wednesday that they are expanding their advertising team."

http://siriusbuzz.com/pandora-bolste....php#more-7802

now again . . . what Mel said:

"they make you listen to commercials and a lot of that IP content as they get and try to get more and more revenue are going to be running more and more commercials."

Now let me make a prediction . . the very next post following this will be by Charles. Its purpose will be two-fold:

1.) to pose a very carefully crafted, off-topic, question in a futile attempt to misdirect and diffuse my assertions . . . and;

2.) to of course defend Tyler who is either incapable of defending himself or finds the forums so vile and repugnant a place that he chooses not to mix with us "rookies," "cheerleaders" and other great unwashed masses. Here is what Tyler had to say on that topic:

"Couldn’t tell you what is happening in the forums, as I rarely visit them. If they are used that is great, if not, oh well. I am not into the cheerleading type stuff that typically transpires in forums and am not about to become a regular poster simply to create conversations. Not my thing."

ok Charles . . the floor is all yours . . . . .
    Last edited by Sirius Roadkill; 03-04-2011 at 12:58 PM.

Head Honcho
    03-04-2011, 02:08 PM #2
    What are your assertions? I would be happy to comment but, I dont know what the question is.

BTW, my purpose is never to defend Spencer per se, I am simply defending a point of view. I think he has valid views... I also think you have valid views. If this or any website/blog were one sided, we would all be in trouble.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder