Page 3 of 10 12345 ...
    Mentor
    02-04-2011, 09:54 PM #21

Warning . . Freeway ends ahead - last exit before Toll!

“I have stated multiple times that I think SIRI is fairly valued at $1.10. SIRI enjoys a high multiple right now. What part of that do you not comprehend? In Q2, when similar auto sales numbers were delivered , the company announced 583,000 net additions to the subscriber roles. Q3 should deliver a similar number, however, the Pandora’s of the world are getting to use the freeway while Sirius XM is on the toll road.”

Tyler Savery

Warning . . Freeway ends ahead - last exit before Toll!
    Verizon warns heavy data users of slower speeds ahead
    By: Molly McHugh •February 3, 2011

As it prepares for the iPhone, Verizon Wireless warns data happy customers to get ready for slower speeds. Can acting early keep it from the same fate as AT&T?

In a memo posted on its website, Verizon Wireless is warning its customers that bandwidth hogs are about to see slower speeds. According to the announcement, “…if you use an extraordinary amount of data and fall within the top 5 percent of Verizon Wireless data users, we may reduce your data throughout speeds periodically for the remainder of your then current and immediately following billing cycle to ensure high quality network performance for others users at locations and time of peak demand.”

http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/...-speeds-ahead/
    Last edited by Sirius Roadkill; 02-12-2011 at 12:45 AM.

02-04-2011, 10:23 PM #22
    I've got this one. It's C. Tyler "What part do you not comprehend?" Savery.

Julie

Mentor
    02-05-2011, 08:47 PM #23
    Quote Originally Posted by julietoo View Post
    I've got this one. It's C. Tyler "What part do you not comprehend?" Savery.

Julie
    noooooo, I'm sorry.

Mentor
    02-05-2011, 09:02 PM #24

SB Trivia # 9

Who once posted the following:

"I am trying to put a time line together that ties Mark Weinkes pronouncement to the downside to the Sirius’ Stock Price. I know pre-merger in June, 08 he was at around 2.25, then in July, 08 he proclaimed 1.50 and we thought how absurd but the stock went to 1.85 and then rebounded to 2.68 right before merger approval. Then merger is approved by FCC, on a Thursday/Friday, 7/31-8/1, last minute negotiations (ugly financing deal) over the weekend and 8/5 FCC issues official reports, we get details of the deal and the Stocks lent are at the exact price of Weinkes target at 1.50. The stock bounces around 1.30 and 1.53 for a couple of weeks and while all these new shares to be shorted need to make money, Weinkes 1.50 target being reached, readjusts to 1.00, and says he as easily could have said .50. Stock Price nose dives to .85 – 90, we wait for Mel, Mel speaks and the stock goes to .70 and then to .60, and Weinkes confirms new target of .50 and we are all F**k’d. Now after feeling BK Fears, Proxy Statement with a RS and Dilution of shares (all shareholders feeling betrayed by Mel), a retrace approaching his old target of .50 as we see a marketing video saying again we’re working on it, what does Weinkes do????? Announces a new target of .25 and questions everything without any real changes in the company’s execution.

I really would like to put shorting activity details, what companies and who and what clearing house were the trade cleared through, to the dates of each Weinkes announcement date of his new target. No one has adjusted their targets with this kind of accuracy period ever in the history of trading without insider information and spending time in jail."

Was it:

A.) Relmor
    B.) "BM"
    C.) Sirius Roadkill
    D.) socalrunningfool
    E.) cos1000
    F.) sl62
    G.) homer895
    H.) homer985

02-06-2011, 10:54 AM #25
    I need to go back to weather reporting.

Mentor
    02-07-2011, 12:05 PM #26
    Entertaining bash-piece over at SA today . . .

http://seekingalpha.com/article/2511...ed?source=feed

Head Honcho
    02-07-2011, 10:52 PM #27
    I would call it "Sirius XM: OK Company, undervalued"

Side note: I'm sick of people citing satellite radio 2.0 as the next coming of Christ when in reality, no one has any idea what the hell it is!

I mean, don't me wrong, I am glad that they are going to do something. Something is often times (not always) better than nothing but, why is everyone pretending like they know what it is and how big it will be?
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Mentor
    02-08-2011, 01:15 AM #28
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    Side note: I'm sick of people citing satellite radio 2.0 as the next coming of Christ when in reality, no one has any idea what the hell it is!
    I think the same is generally true of Pandora . . . people write about "revenue" and the number of "registered users" as if these details are a matter of public filing.

sent PM re article post . . had trouble due to full outbox . . please confirm receipt

Head Honcho
    02-08-2011, 04:07 AM #29
    Pandora, as far as I know, has made those things public. Is your issue that they could be lying because they are not official fillings? All I will say about that is just because companies submit official SEC filings doesn't mean they aren't lies.

I don't think the CEO of Pandora has any reason to lie and if he were lying, we would have heard about it from the private investors. They have taken quite a bit of investment funds and I am sure their investors have vetted them.

That said, any company could be lying. From Enron to Spongetech!
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Mentor
    02-08-2011, 12:52 PM #30
    So far, the public has only just kicked the tires . . lets see what things look like when we get to lift the hood and poke around a little.
    Last edited by Sirius Roadkill; 02-08-2011 at 12:58 PM.

Page 3 of 10 12345 ...