02-01-2011, 05:37 AM #1

Home Docking Station

I just bought a Stratus 6 along with a home and vehicle docking stations. I activated the radio and set it up in my car and the radio works great. When I tried to set it up with the home docking station the radio receives the signal and seems to be work as it should but I cannot hear it over the other radios I have in the house, that are tuned to the same frequency that I have the Stratus 6 tuned to. For the last five years I have had a Sportster radio and have been to hear what was on the Sirius receiver on any radio in the house. I can hear what is on the Stratus 6 on one radio but there is a lot of static and I can barely hear what is on the radio. Can you tell me why the Stratus 6 is not working as the Sportster did? When the Stratus 6 was set up in the car I was able to hear it on my walkman radio.Thanks

Head Honcho
    02-01-2011, 05:28 PM #2
    Are you using the FM transmitter? The newer transmitters are much weaker than the old ones because of some FCC ruling. I would either move the dock closer or simply hardwire it to the radio you use most. You'll wind up with better sound quality that way anyway.

Hope this helps!
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

03-29-2012, 05:49 PM #3
    i have the same set ups.car sounds great but now i cant get a lot of static on the home unit. tried moving it all around as far as the power cord will let me but still static. then i cup my hands aroud the reciever and dock and it comes in perfect.needless to say i can't stand in front of the unit all day .how do i solve this thank you in advance