Legend
    01-06-2011, 11:57 AM #1

Republicans Block Congressional Health Care Disclosure

LMFAO. Republicans dont want to be on record as accepting govt health care for themselves and their families while they trash Govt health care in public They are HYPOCRITES!

Republicans Block Congressional Health Care Disclosure
    First Posted: 01- 6-11 10:20 AM | Updated: 01- 6-11 10:20 AM

WASHINGTON -- The U.S. House of Representatives approved a rules package on Wednesday, the first day of business for the 112th Congress, that will dictate the way the legislature operates this year and reflects a shift to Republican control of the lower chamber. The bill passed on a party-line vote, with 240 Republicans in favor and 191 Democrats against.

One measure that didn't make it into the rules package was a proposal by Rep. Joseph Crowley (D-N.Y.) that would have required all members to disclose whether they are taking advantage of their federal health insurance plan within 15 days of taking the oath of office. Crowley's measure also split on a party-line vote, with Democrats in favor and Republicans opposed.

On MSNBC's "Hardball" Wednesday, Rep. Steve Israel (D-N.Y.), the new chairman of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, the Dems' House fundraising arm, accused Republicans of a double standard in blocking the disclosure:

ISRAEL: Every Republican voted to hide their own government health care, while many of them are pledging to repeal health care for everyone else. So, you go from hypocrisy to hypocrisy; from broken promise to broken promise. And this is just the first day of the new Congress.
    MATTHEWS: You mean, they didn't want to admit that they're taking health care?
    ISRAEL: This is a very straightforward amendment that we offered, that, if you're going to take government-sponsored health care and the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program, simply disclose. Let your constituents know that you are taking that government health care. Every single Republican voted to hide their health care while many of them are pledging to repeal it for their constituents.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 01-07-2011 at 10:48 AM.

Legend
    01-06-2011, 11:59 AM #2
    More examples of Republican hypocrisy.

. New Republican House Bends Own Rules
    Just how hard will it be for the Tea Party Congress to live up to its sharp campaign rhetoric? Pretty hard, if its new rules ordeal is any sign: just hours after passing a sweeping set of new rules for incoming House of Representatives, Republicans are making exceptions for their top agenda items. They called for bills to go through a regular committee process, but their bill to repeal Obamacare will be allowed to skip committee. They called for a more open amendment process, but won't let the repeal bill be touched. They called for a strict committee attendance list to be posted online, then decided to scratch that one. They promised constitutional citations for every bill, but have yet to add that sort of language to any actual legislation. Republicans say there are subtle reasons for all their exceptions, but their difficulty committing to their own rules shows just how hard it is to be a purist in Washington.

Guru
    01-07-2011, 11:26 AM #3
    So much hate..., but you know what is said

"Liberals speak often of tolerance, but they only tolerate Liberals and Liberal ideas."

And,

"When possible, Liberals oppress anyone who questions their beliefs."

Relax Lloyd, we have a system of checks and balances. You're getting yourself all wound up. It's Friday, relax.

I'm reading a good book called Barbarians of Wealth. It suggests that the Fed and the big banks are as barbaric as Attila, Charlemange and others. It's funny how interesting European history is now vs. when I was 16.

01-07-2011, 04:34 PM #4

Another Repuke A-Hole Hypocrite

GOPer Will Repeal Health Reform, Incoherently Explains Why He Will Keep His Own Gov't Healthcare

Newly-elected Rep. Robert Hurt (R-VA) campaigned for Congress on a promise to repeal health reform. This week, Hurt granted ThinkProgress a short interview outside of the Capitol, where he doubled down on his pledge to remove health reform. However, Hurt said he would not opt-out of the government health care granted to him and his staff as a member of Congress:

HURT: I’ll support the repeal. Okay, what else?

TP: After you vote to repeal health care, will you also reject government-sponsored, government-subsidized health care given to members of Congress?

HURT: Uhm, well obviously we’ve got — I’ve got a health insurance policy that I pay for through the government so I don’t really–

TP: Well there’s $700 a month in taxpayer money on average that goes to a member of Congress’s health care plan given by you know the taxpayer.

HURT: It’s a policy that’s issued by Anthem and it’s a policy that any– it’s open to the public.

TP: But my tax dollars and everyone’s tax dollars subsidize your plan as a member of Congress. And all of your staff members. You’ve got what, thirty members of your staff? Do you think they should have government-sponsored health care if you’re going to repeal it for everyone else?

HURT: If you’re going to pay members of Congress anything, if they’re going to have a salary and they’re going to have benefits, like so many people who are employed do, then I think it’s not unreasonable to offer those benefits. So I support that.

Hurt tried to initially deny that he received any special health care and that his plan is available to the public. In fact, the regulated private insurance that Hurt and his staff receive is not open to the general public because the general public does not have access to a regulate exchange or to taxpayer subsidies.

Members of Congress on average receive a $700 a month taxpayer subsidy for their private health insurance plan, which they can choose through a highly regulated exchange offered by the government. The federal system mirrors the reforms enacted by Democrats and President Obama, which end health insurance abuses by regulating coverage through an exchange, while offering subsidies to individuals and small businesses to make coverage more affordable.

By Lee Fang | Sourced from ThinkProgress

Watch - http://thinkprogress.org/2011/01/07/hurt-keep-health/

Last edited by Atypical; 01-08-2011 at 12:28 AM.

Guru
    01-07-2011, 04:58 PM #5
    Wow! You guys are busting balls because an employer give an employee health care benefits? A new low LOL. I'm sure you'll convince some dumbass that health care benefits provided to government employees is the same as government run healthcare. Talk about misleading.

I suppose from your perspective that anytime you can get "GOP" and "hypocrite" into the paragraph, it's all good.

Legend
    01-08-2011, 02:04 PM #6
    WASHINGTON -- The U.S. House of Representatives approved a rules package on Wednesday, the first day of business for the 112th Congress, that will dictate the way the legislature operates this year and reflects a shift to Republican control of the lower chamber. The bill passed on a party-line vote, with 240 Republicans in favor and 191 Democrats against.

One measure that didn't make it into the rules package was a proposal by Rep. Joseph Crowley (D-N.Y.) that would have required all members to disclose whether they are taking advantage of their federal health insurance plan within 15 days of taking the oath of office. Crowley's measure also split on a party-line vote, with Democrats in favor and Republicans opposed.

On MSNBC's "Hardball" Wednesday, Rep. Steve Israel (D-N.Y.), the new chairman of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, the Dems' House fundraising arm, accused Republicans of a double standard in blocking the disclosure:

ISRAEL: Every Republican voted to hide their own government health care, while many of them are pledging to repeal health care for everyone else. So, you go from hypocrisy to hypocrisy; from broken promise to broken promise. And this is just the first day of the new Congress.
    MATTHEWS: You mean, they didn't want to admit that they're taking health care?
    ISRAEL: This is a very straightforward amendment that we offered, that, if you're going to take government-sponsored health care and the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program, simply disclose. Let your constituents know that you are taking that government health care. Every single Republican voted to hide their health care while many of them are pledging to repeal it for their constituents.

Guru
    01-08-2011, 02:54 PM #7
    It's such a stupid topic, but hey, go for it. The republicans don't want to talk about their health care benefits - whatever.

The government, as an employer, must have competitive compensation package to attract the best and the brightest lol. Yes, the compensation is funded by you and I. AND IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE PATIENT PROTECTION and AFFORDABLE CARE ACT (aka Obamacare / first step to nationalized health care).

Here's a funny one for you (video).

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/seton-m...-result-bad-mo

Guru
    01-08-2011, 02:59 PM #8
    And I take it from your new formatting that you fully understand a smaller government will cost us less. We won't have to pay for bureaucrat's medical benefits, salaries, retirement......... I knew you understood. And all this time you were pretending that a larger goverment with more agencies and regulators was the right way to go.