Addict
    Joined: Nov 2008 Location: Vancouver Island Canada Posts: 583
    12-23-2010, 01:39 AM #1

Free Ad-based service?

Is it possible one day in the future? Would the FCC or DOJ, etc... Be blocking this possibility? If not, the future is so bright that you are going to need a welding mask to look at it!

David Frear is estimating that by 2015 their will be 70 million cars on the road with SiriusXM installed! That is a massive audience! The potential ad revenue from this "possibility" is mind boggling!

SRK care to chime in? No one has ever really given me a straight answer. I know Mel has said in the past that he would have no intention of going free as well as a commercial free subscription model. How could Mel not, with 70 million factory installed radios? He could eliminate terrestrial radio for GOOD! I have a little voice in my head telling me that we are not allowed to do that?

Anyone with thoughts on this please share!!!

Hopeful
    Last edited by Hopeful; 12-23-2010 at 01:45 AM.

Head Honcho
    01-03-2011, 07:24 PM #2
    Its a dangerous proposition. You brand yourself as something for years and then all of a sudden change that. What if you do change the model, people use the ad based service, and the ad rates fall out?

Having one channel that always runs and describes Sirius XM channels and plays small snippets from various hot shows is a no brainer IMHO. Don;t give it away for free but, open one channel that is a 24/7 informerical.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Addict
    Joined: Nov 2008 Location: Vancouver Island Canada Posts: 583
    01-04-2011, 12:34 AM #3
    Good point Charles thank you!!!!!!!!!!!

Head Honcho
    01-04-2011, 12:55 AM #4
    No problem. I do what I can
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder