12-14-2010, 12:52 PM #1

Angry Internet radio not working (XP, IE 8)

Hey, All,

Sirius was working on my work machine - I usually leave my browser running - and everything was fine. I came back on a Monday after the machine was booted over the weekend - and now, no matter what, the radio doesn't work.

I get the dialog box with the player and all okay - I select a channel - usually Lithium - and nothing - I click start and stop - still nothing - no sound. The last five songs doesn't fill in - zilch. This was working fine.

Oddly enough, if I leave it open and just work - eventually, it knows that I'm not playing and I get the "click here to continue playing" message.

I tried several the tricks posted here and nothing seems to matter. I have a sneaky suspicion that some cookie somewhere is blocking me. I've cleared out the cache and history in IE8 many times.

Now, it's not the account - I use a player on my Mac at home and it works fine all the time. And, yes, I do log off of that before leaving for work so that Sirius doesn't think two players are running.

Any suggestions?

Note: Sirius is not rejecting my account login - I'm just not getting any streaming (I belive) to the player.

Help! I need my tunes!

Thanx.

peace. JOe...

Head Honcho
    12-14-2010, 11:35 PM #2
    Can you hear other audio? Maybe its your audio card?

If not, try accessing the player in Firefox and see if that works.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

12-15-2010, 03:34 PM #3
    Nope - that didn't work either. Firefox doesn't show the last five box and again, no sound.

Sound card works fine - I can play iTunes and hear music just fine. Also, I can hear webEx meetings through the browser and play / hear flash files just fine.

I have no idea why Sirius' player is not playing the music...

Head Honcho
    12-15-2010, 04:03 PM #4
    Firefox has never shown the last 5 songs (I hate that).

Is this a work computer? Is it possible your IT Dept blocked the Sirius feed?
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

12-15-2010, 04:38 PM #5
    No - not that. When my company blocks sites - it does it at the domain name level - so we'd never be able to get to the site at all if that was the case.

Also, it's not a bandwidth issue since lots of people have iTunes going all the time, - I can get feeds from iTunes no problem.

It's only with Sirius that I'm having this (new) problem - like I said, last week it worked fine - now nothing.

Something is being cached someplace that's not allowing the streaming to get through.

I'm going to run an experiment where I use someone else's computer and see if it works then...

JOe... getting even more ->

Head Honcho
    12-15-2010, 04:42 PM #6
    Testing on a coworkers machine is a good idea.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

12-15-2010, 07:01 PM #7

Smile

Co-worker's machine didn't work either. So, gave up on that idea.

Here's what finally did work for me (copied over from another thread I was writing in):

I finally got it working - but not with a browser. I downloaded the following:

http://software.informer.com/getfree...us-player-1.1/

But, before I ran it, I did what M$ suggested and reset the media player settings:

Open a terminal, and type the following:

regsvr32.exe wmpdxm.dll

Now, run the program from PGH Design - it's just a wrapper to the Sirius Widget - and voila, it works.

Now, if you restart, like I did, sometimes the setting gets lost - so I've had to redo the regsvr32 command whenever PGH Design's widget doesn't stream.

Not a perfect resolution - but at least I'm getting my tunes now.

Again, IE8 and Firefox will not run even after the regsvr32 command. I have no idea what the difference is between these two things - but there's something.

peace. JOe... now setting to ->

ps: memorializing the microsoft resolution (fix): http://support.microsoft.com/kb/891736