Banned
    06-25-2008, 10:24 PM #1

What if?

Just thinking as I watch MMA...

Could sirius offer a pay per view type service, or a pay per listen service...for instance with MMA, boxing and/or WWE when the merger is done? I noticed a lot of MMA activity in the sirius studios.

06-26-2008, 01:04 AM #2
    I personally could not imagine listening to a UFC pay per view. I am a huge fan of MMA, I rarely miss a show and listening to it just wouldn't be the same at all.

The only way it might be the slightest bit interesting is if they could get pre and post fight interviews with all the fighters.

Banned
    06-26-2008, 06:15 AM #3
    Good points...

I'm a fan also...but I will not pay 50 bucks to watch a fight on ppv. I would pay 10 however....call me cheap...anyway...when the live fights are on ppv, you can look about the web and find actual sites where people give the play by play for cheap bastards like me....I'm just saying there is an untapped market available to increase revenues, which happens to fall under the hottest sport right now, and would give a boost to subscribers...

06-26-2008, 08:54 AM #4
    I don't think this strategy would work, at least not until they become more of an established audio technology. Assuming this is a completely premium service, and no subscriber has access to it on their regular plan, you are talking about an audience of 17 million subs. How many of those people have an interest in MMA, WWE, etc.

If you are expecting to catch non-subscribers, if they arent interested in the service they don't have a radio. If they do, its because it came in their car and they never wanted to activate it. So for one sporting event I don't think Joe Six back and his buddies are going to pack into his back seat to cheer on the fight.

Banned
    06-26-2008, 07:56 PM #5
    you are talking about an audience of 17 million subs.
    No...no I'm not. I'm talking about the MMA fanbase and the fact that such a service could attract more subscribers...Imagine if you will;

A preview for an upcoming fight, you pick the fighters...

".....on July 29, 2008....only(pause) on pay per view or listen live on sirius satellite radio!"

MMA fans would flock to subscribe....