The Plain Truth on the March to Totalitarianism

http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/4566495

Legend
    03-04-2011, 01:41 PM #52

Legend
    03-04-2011, 02:10 PM #53
    Huckabee and O'reilly lying about Obama

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_831241.html
    Last edited by Havakasha; 03-05-2011 at 12:17 PM.

03-09-2011, 08:08 PM #54

Gingrich: Past Adultery 'Partially Driven By How Passionately I Felt About This

Country. (video)

Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, who is in the early stages of a presidential campaign, spoke in an interview with David Brody of the Christian Broadcasting Network about his history of adultery and divorces. And as Gingrich told it, he sought God's forgiveness -- and as for the events themselves, they were driven by how hard he was working and his great passion for America.

"There's no question at times of my life, partially driven by how passionately I felt about this country, that I worked far too hard and things happened in my life that were not appropriate," said Gingrich. "And what I can tell you is that when I did things that were wrong, I wasn't trapped in situation ethics, I was doing things that were wrong, and yet, I was doing them.

"I found that I felt compelled to seek God's forgiveness. Not God's understanding, but God's forgiveness. I do believe in a forgiving God. And I think most people, deep down in their hearts hope there's a forgiving God. Somebody once said that when we're young, we seek justice, but as we get older, we seek mercy. There's something to that, I think.

"I feel that I'm now 67 I'm a grandfather. I have two wonderful grandchildren. I have two wonderful daughters and two great sons in law. Callista and I have a great marriage. I think that I've learned an immense amount. And I do feel, in that sense, that God has given me, has blessed me with an opportunity as a person."

Gingrich also spoke of the great amount of character that a prospective president would have to demonstrate to the nation. As Gingrich explained, such a person must be a unifier, someone who shares the people's values, and is stable:

"In the end, the presidency is different than any other job. You're looking for somebody who is going to lead the nation. You're looking for somebody who should be, ideally, the unifier of the nation. And, you're looking to somebody to whom you're going to loan enormous power for four years. You want to be able to look into them and understand, do they share my values? Do they know what I'm frightened of? Do they have answers that are real? Are they stable; are they capable of doing something? It's one thing to be an advisor. It's another thing to be a doer. And then it becomes a summary judgment, a lot of it's just gut instinct. You watch all of these folks for a while, and because it's the presidency, they're in your living room or your kitchen, or wherever you happen to watch TV. And, you get to know them over time."

http://org2.democracyinaction.org/di...8TPFNgx42uCYfl

Where to start? Let's try this...

He left his wife on her deathbed with cancer for another woman
    He cheated on his second wife with another
    Tom Coburn, a right-wing fanatic himself, said recently he wanted someone "stable" to support for prez in 2012
    Some congress-people (conservatives) have said Gingrich is power crazy
    A multi-million dollar "book advance" to Gingrich from Murdoch while Murdoch had "business" with the government. He had to return it after an ethics investigation.
    "God's forgiveness" is a ploy used whenever a conservative gets caught doing something nasty
    Can you believe the arrogance that this "conservative" is using to bamboozle the public into thinking he is sane and repentant?

Why would anyone believe any party that allows a jerk like this (and there are at least three others) to be on the ticket for prez in 12? You are known by the company you keep.

Update: on 3/11

And finally: Conservative New York Times columnist David Brooks doesn't care much for the potential Republican presidential candidates, and in particular, former House Speaker Newt Gingrich. " I wouldn't let that guy run a 7-Eleven, let alone a country ," Brooks said in an interview with Time.

http://app.mx3.americanprogressactio...179e117453ef1d
    Last edited by Atypical; 04-04-2011 at 04:55 PM.

Guru
    03-09-2011, 10:23 PM #55
    John Edwards? C'mon man. Actually, in retrospect, isn't there a reference on P1 of this thread? Though, Edwards didn't need "faith" I suppose???

P2 http://siriusbuzz.com/forum/showthre...ke-Watch/page2
    Last edited by SiriuslyLong; 03-09-2011 at 10:27 PM.

Legend
    03-09-2011, 11:56 PM #56
    John Edwards is a bad comparison. John Edwards isnt running for President NOW (story broke after
    he left the race in 2008) and he isnt preaching about morality. He might even be getting indicted.
    Gingrich is someone who is running around talking about morality when he clearly has a long history of
    doing some illegal (had to give back money) unethical and slimy things.
    It doesnt mean one cant vote for him, but you should know his history before you do.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 03-10-2011 at 10:37 AM.

Guru
    03-10-2011, 11:03 AM #57
    Indicted? For what? I haven't heard that.

Legend
    03-10-2011, 01:02 PM #58
    He is under investigation related to the money that was paid to his girlfriend. Just google it.

03-10-2011, 04:14 PM #59

Koch Industries Employs PR Firm To Airbrush Wikipedia,

Gets Banned For Unethical ‘Sock Puppets’

Last year, Koch Industries began employing New Media Strategies (NMS), an Internet PR firm that specializes in “word-of-mouth marketing” for major corporations including Coca-Cola, Burger King, AT&T, Dodge and Ford. It appears that, ever since the NMS contract was inked with Koch, an NMS employee began editing the Wikipedia page for “Charles Koch,” “David Koch,” “Political activities of the Koch family,” and “The Science of Success” (a book written by Charles). Under the moniker of “MBMAdmirer,” NMS employees edited Wikipedia articles to distance the Koch family from the Tea Party movement, to provide baseless comparisons between Koch and conspiracy theories surrounding George Soros, and to generally delete citations to liberal news outlets. After administrators flagged the MBMAdmirer account as a “sock puppet” — one of many fake accounts used to manipulate new media sites — a subsequent sock puppet investigation found that MBMAdmirer is connected to a number of dummy accounts and ones owned by NMS employees like Jeff Taylor.

Soren Dayton, a GOP operative and executive at New Media Strategies, is reported to be the contact for Koch Industries at NMS. Reached by phone yesterday by ThinkProgress, Dayton exclaimed, “I’m not going to talk about this, thanks,” before hanging up. Lyndsey Medsker, a senior account director for NMS, spoke to ThinkProgress today. She explained that NMS also maintains the Koch Industries Twitter page, Facebook page, and has an active team working on promoting Koch Industries in the comment section of blogs and news websites.

As ThinkProgress has reported, the billionaire Koch brothers maintain contracts with over a dozen public relation firms and lobbying firms. Pushing back again recent scrutiny, the brothers have also relied on a conservative media infrastructure owned by the Koch brothers or closely linked to them by way of their donor conferences. We have documented how the Koch message machine has targeted ThinkProgress and even placed hit-pieces against a New Yorker journalist investigated the Kochs. But now it seems the Koch brothers are at work manipulating Wikipedia to polish their image.

Update The PR firm working for Koch Industries contacted us and noted that "MBMAdmirer" disclosed that it was editing on behalf of Koch Industries.

http://thinkprogress.org/2011/03/09/...a-sock-puppet/

__________________________________________________ _________

See the link for sources and a picture of the adorable 'sock puppet'.

03-12-2011, 10:06 PM #60

Woman Forced To Watch Her Baby Die Because Nebraska Anti-Abortion Law Prohibited

Doctor From Acting.

Since the start of the year, Republican lawmakers on the federal and state level have charged headlong into a comprehensive assault on a woman’s right to choose.

In Nebraska, one law already in existence heaped needless trauma on a mother’s tragedy. Thirty-four-year-old Danielle Deaver was 23 weeks pregnant when she faced a fate “worse than your own death” — her baby would not make it. Her water broke early and, without amniotic fluid, the fetus would not develop lungs to survive outside the womb. Deaver and her husband decided they wanted to let “nature take it’s course” and would not risk harming the child further, so they asked their doctor to help “put an end to this nightmare.”

But because of Nebraska’s law prohibiting any abortion after 20 weeks, the doctor could not assist or he would “face criminal charges, jail time, and lose his medical license.” Her doctors told her “she’d just have to wait.” So she did, in “torture,” and gave birth to Elizabeth at 3pm, watched her gasp for breath, and then watched her die at 3:15pm on December 8, 2010. “The outcome of my pregnancy, that choice was made by God,” said Deaver, but “how to handle the end of my pregnancy, that choice should’ve been mine.”

She told her story to the Des Moines Register, watch it:

http://act.alternet.org/go/5339?akid...018.0I7PTZ&t=4

“If they thought about their daughter, their sister, their mother, their wife being in this situation, they would never want them to go through that,” Deavers said of the legislators who created the law.

Yesterday, in a 94-2 vote, the Oklahoma House passed a bill banning abortions after 20 weeks based on the dubious assumption the fetus “can feel pain.” Oregon, Minnesota, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Florida, Missouri, and Ohio are also considering joining the 31 states that currently have such a ban. Should these states successfully push the ban through, Danielle Deaver’s personal tragedy may become a common expectation.

The Democrats never had "death panels" - The repukes do - this is an example.
    Conservatives say they don't want goverment intruding in their lives. But they want THIS intrusion in others lives!
    Repukes concern for life begins at conception and ends at birth apparently.
    They make decisions like this for people but complain that government wants to dictate what light bulbs to use. (Bachmann)
    They say that their religious views tell them that this is the way to treat this type of problem. Then F... that religion.

This example, and a thousand others, are the reason I call them REPUKES. It's much too kind a word for these cretins.

Page 6 of 28 ... 4567816 ...