Page 1 of 2 12
    Guru
    12-07-2010, 12:04 PM #1

Well? No tax increase for the rich

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/07/us...er=rss&emc=rss

So, thoughts on this compromise? Funny how the repukes talk about reducing the deficit, but not just yet. In fact, a revenue opportunity is missed, and expenses are increased. It's funny money anyway.

12-07-2010, 12:34 PM #2
    Compromise? I wouldn't use that word.

See why I say they don't care about the deficit? They don't except to beat others over the head with their "concern".

There are hundreds of other examples of the repukes lies, deceptions and other vicious, yes vicious behavior.

Why would anyone repect, like or follow this scum?

Legend
    12-07-2010, 12:54 PM #3
    Bad "compromise" in my opinion. If the extension of the Bush tax cuts on the top 2% ends up being continued it will cost us an ENORMOUS amount of money into the distant future.
    Republicans only care about the deficit when it comes to putting forth the issues they philosophically believe in. For example Michelle Bachman said today that "we cant afford to give more unemployment benefits". Yet she would never say that about the Bush tax cuts extension on the top 2 % even though that will costs us WAY more money. Completely hypocritical.
    As well, this deal gives the wealthy the best situation on inheritance tax since 1931 (other than 0% last year). No tax on the first 5 million PER INDIVIDUAL and 35% tax rate beyond that . If nothing had been done it would have gone back to 3.5 million and 45% rate. This would have been eminently fair in my opinion.
    What are they going to now do to recoup all these billions? Just wait and see.

Guru
    12-07-2010, 01:50 PM #4

Obama Caves

http://www.siouxcityjournal.com/app/...eaking/?p=4972

http://www.npr.org/2010/12/02/131733...omise-he-caves

Wow.

I watched a good interview with Tim Ryan D-OH and Steve Scalise R-LA. Well, I guess it wasn't that good. They answered "accordingly".

Guru
    12-07-2010, 02:15 PM #5
    Pelosi criticizes tax cut plan
    December 07, 2010 12:54 EST

WASHINGTON (AP) -- House Speaker Nancy Pelosi says a compromise tax cut plan makes things clear as to where the two parties stand.

The California Democrat says it shows that Democrats want to help low- and middle-income workers, while the Republicans' chief concern is the wealthiest Americans.

Pelosi's statement came 18 hours after President Barack Obama laid out the plan. She says the Democratic leadership will continue discussions with the president and the party caucus in the coming days.

Vice President Joe Biden is having lunch with Democratic lawmakers today and the White House says he'll urge them to swallow their objections and sign on to the plan. BAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaHHHHHH

The proposal would extend Bush-era tax cuts for all Americans, while also extending unemployment benefits and reducing payroll taxes for a year.

Legend
    12-07-2010, 02:33 PM #6
    Baaaaahhhh? Are you ok? Swallow your lunch too quickly?
    You do know about the heimlich manuever i hope.

Guru
    12-07-2010, 02:49 PM #7
    I thought it was kind of funny. You know. Like a sheep herder herding sheep.

I used to work for this manager who constantly used the phrase, "please comply" - in other words, don't think, don't come up with a better solution, just do what you're being told to do. I don't know about you, but that's not the kind of environment I like to be in.

I did eat too fast. Typical American. That's one lesson we can take away from the French - enjoy the taste.

Legend
    12-07-2010, 03:00 PM #8
    Its called messy Democracy not a messy meal.
    Slow down. Eat your lunch so you taste it. LOL.

France? Dont you remember the protest against French fries by Republicans.
    They renamed them freedom fries. That was absolutely hysterical.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 12-07-2010 at 03:04 PM.

12-07-2010, 03:40 PM #9
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriuslyLong View Post
    I thought it was kind of funny. You know. Like a sheep herder herding sheep.

I used to work for this manager who constantly used the phrase, "please comply" - in other words, don't think, don't come up with a better solution, just do what you're being told to do. I don't know about you, but that's not the kind of environment I like to be in.

I did eat too fast. Typical American. That's one lesson we can take away from the French - enjoy the taste.
    You are right, kemo sabe.

Just like EVERY ONE OF THE REPUKES VOTING AGAINST THE EXTENSION OF UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS. EVERY ONE.

EVERY ONE. IT'S A VICIOUS UNTHINKING CULT!

And people dislike the dems. Americans are really stupid.
    Last edited by Atypical; 12-07-2010 at 04:08 PM.

Legend
    12-07-2010, 04:07 PM #10
    And the Republicans voted against making permanent middle class tax cuts if they couldnt get temporary tax cuts for the top 2%, who as Warren Buffett has pointed out have never had it better.
    And all their so called concern about the deficit goes out the window when it comes to benefiting such a small segment of society who already have it so good.

Un****ingbelieveable. Insanity is taking hold in this country.

Page 1 of 2 12