12-04-2010, 05:27 PM #1

question about my grandfathered lifetime plan

Hi, I signed up for the lifetime subscription back in...2005, I think. I haven't changed anything about my plan or account and I still have access to the internet radio. Anyway my old Starmate finally stopped working...not sure why. I was thinking of replacing it with another radio, but then I thought about the internet option. I saw online a Grace internet radio that works as an alarm clock and can pull in internet radio via WIFI. It says it supports Sirius internet radio. Here's my question: Do stand-alone WIFI internet radios work well with my old subscription? Will it time out after 90 minutes? I only listen to Sirius in my bedroom and have the Starmate broadcasting to my clock radio via FM stream...the Starmate had a very powerful FM broadcast. If I replace both with a WIFI radio will it work? I need to wake up to Sirius. Thanks!

Head Honcho
    12-04-2010, 05:49 PM #2
    I dont have a lifetime so, I'm not positive but, I have heard of people with lifetimes having to pay for the new 128k feed. Its 2.99 per month. The old 64k feed that we all got for free is being retired.

I'm sure someone with a lifetime sub will chime in.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

08-14-2011, 08:36 AM #3
    I have a lifetime subscription since 04. I got the 64k Internet feed now free, but for a time in the past I did subscribe to the 128k feed for 2.99/month. I stopped the subscription to the 128k and have not used either the radio or Internet feed for several years. Just recently I logged in again to the Internet feed and found that they had changed things and now many more channels are available, and the interface is much better. I still get the feed but no longer see the button for regular or 128k feed.
    I wonder is the feed now 128k or 64k? My ears can hardly tell the difference. I know that the ttr1 requires a 2.99 monthly subscription, but I wonder if it is worth 2.99 per month just to make the radio work.
    Last edited by Niagara; 08-14-2011 at 08:38 AM.

Head Honcho
    08-14-2011, 05:29 PM #4
    The feed is now 128k only. The free 64k feed has been retired.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

08-16-2011, 08:36 PM #5
    I bought a TTR1 radio and using it tried to access the Sirius internet feed using my lifetime user name and password which works using a computer attached to the internet. Sure enough, no go, and a message you need to have to have a Premier Subscription at 2.99/mo tied to an existing radio's account, which I would gladly pay except that when I contacted a fellow at Sirius, he told me that if I upgrade to the Premier Subscription, and then for some reason want to stop it and go back to the free internet only feed, I will not be able to. I have decided to not activate the TTR1, at least for the time being.

02-25-2012, 12:14 PM #6
    I also bought a TTR1 and have a Canadian Lifetime Subscription. Sirius.ca advertises "current subscribers can simply use their existing username and passwords to listen" (http://www.sirius.ca/en/promotions/sir.aspx). This is not the case. After struggling without success "Please wait Loading... SiriusXM HTTP Error" I called Sirius.ca who was well aware and told me I needed to buy another subscription at a "discounted rate of 30%" to activate the Synergi TTR1.... They told me to use my computer to listen on-line if I did not want to buy another subscription to activate the TTR1.
    To conclude I will be returning the TTR1 today.

02-25-2012, 06:21 PM #7
    It was not the wifi. Tried two different wifi's and a hardwired. Sirius.ca says that the lifetime subscription included one active satellite radio and one Internet feed for generic computer usage. Their TTR1 is designed to identify itself to sirius as a separate device id requiring an activation on their side. So they essentially force you to buy a second subscription for the new TTR1 feed. It would be nice if they made that more clear on the packaging and website.

08-06-2012, 12:20 AM #8
    I learned that there are three different prices. Internet radio only: $15 per month. If you have lifetime with free Internet radio feed: $10 per month for an additional subscription to operate the TTR1. If you give up the free feed, you can have Internet radio at $3.50 per month to operate the TTR1.