Banned
    06-24-2008, 05:21 PM #1

How is this not a conflict of interest?

What do we have a supreme court for? How is this proper under US law? How can they possibly be fair in this case? What the F&*K country do I live in?

FCC BREAKFAST TO FEATURE
    COMMISSIONERS ADELSTEIN AND MCDOWELL

WASHINGTON, DC -- FCC Commissioners Jonathan Adelstein and Robert McDowell will be featured speakers at this year's FCC Breakfast, sponsored by A.G. Edwards, during The NAB Radio Show in Dallas. The Commissioners will discuss a number of issues most relevant to radio broadcasters.

Commissioner Adelstein has been at the FCC since 2002 and was sworn in for a new five-year term in December 2004. Before joining the FCC, Adelstein served for 15 years as a staff member in the U.S. Senate. For the last seven years, he was a senior legislative aide to Senate Majority Leader Tom Daschle (D-SD), where he advised Senator Daschle on telecommunications, financial services, transportation and other key issues. Adelstein also worked as a staff aide to Senate Special Committee on Aging Chairman David Pryor (D-AR) and was a special liaison to Sen. Harry Reid (D-NV) and a Legislative Assistant to Sen. Donald W. Riegle, Jr. (D-MI).

Commissioner McDowell was sworn in as FCC Commissioner in June 2006. He brings to the FCC nearly 16 years of private sector experience in the communications industry. Immediately prior to joining the FCC, Commissioner McDowell was senior vice president and assistant general counsel for COMPTEL, an association representing competitive facilities-based telecommunications service providers and emerging VoIP providers, where he advocated before Congress, the White House and executive agencies. He has served on the North American Numbering Council and on the board of directors of North American Numbering Plan Billing and Collection, Inc. Prior to joining COMPTEL in February 1999, McDowell served as the executive vice president and general counsel of America's Carriers Telecommunications Association, which merged with COMPTEL at that time.

The FCC Breakfast is sponsored by A.G. Edwards and Sons and will be held Thursday, September 21 at the Hilton Anatole Hotel in Dallas.

About the NAB Radio Show
    The NAB Radio Show is the largest annual convention for radio. This year's show, Sep. 20 - 22 in Dallas, features interactive sessions, special events and exhibits and is co-located with the R&R Convention. More information about The NAB Radio Show is available at www.nabradioshow.com.

About NAB
    The National Association of Broadcasters is a trade association that advocates on behalf of more than 8,300 free, local radio and television stations and also broadcast networks before Congress, the Federal Communications Commission and the Courts. Information about NAB can be found at www.nab.org.

http://www.nabradioshow.com/press/08...n_McDowell.htm

Mentor
    06-25-2008, 05:18 AM #2
    I beleive it was Martin that spoke at the NAB Radio Show last year.

My guess is that the Dems on the FCC had no problem with showing up, as their votes are pretty much a lost cause anyways. That is why Adelstein is attending.

McDowell has NEVER voted against Martin, until just the other day. I cannot see him going against Martin on this one either. I would be very concerned if Tate was showing up to this shindig.... I think she is the one that might be swayed still.
    Last edited by Newman; 06-25-2008 at 05:26 AM.

Banned
    06-25-2008, 08:40 AM #3
    That's an old news article I put stumbled across. If a judge has a relationship with a defendant or an attorney, they recluse themselves. This should be no different.