06-24-2008, 12:49 PM #1

DEI Holdings, Inc. (formerly Directed Electronics)

Anyone have any thoughts about how open access on radios, if implemented as part of this merger, will impact DEI Holdings (DEIX).

Do you think they will continue to be the main manufacturer of the radios? I'm not familiar enough with their business. I wonder how much of their revenue is tied to satellite radio.

I just remember discussing the stock performance in regards to the whole merger process.

Enthusiast
    08-14-2008, 03:45 PM #2

Underwater with SIRI and DEIX

I have some DEIX. SP is still in the crapper. They still have a deal to produce equipment for SIRI thru this January. As SIRI begins to blossom, DEIX should do so as well. One thing I especially like about DEIX is that Congressman Issa is on its board. The guy is all about money. I also liked that SIRI had hired former RNC chairman Ed Gillespie to lobby for the merger. I had thought the merger would get quick approval. Unfortunately there was a conflict with Clear Channel interests who were also in bed with Republican Heavy Hitters. Now all the stars are lined up. Lots of reets got their asses kicked out of the big game and whoever was lucky enough to hang on is poised for big gains, IMHO.

08-15-2008, 11:29 AM #3
    Thanks fo the follow-up, I'll be sure to watch how it develops now that the merger is done.

Are you familiar off the top of your head how dependant they are on satellite radio business? Like does it bring up diversification issues?

Enthusiast
    08-15-2008, 05:43 PM #4
    There is a breakdown report of the various company divisions on their website. www.directed.com

IMHO, DEIX is a steal at $1.60 to $1.70. DEIX will get a pop, once SIRIXM starts placing orders. Did you see the miniXM device? Check it out. The link goes to a page that shows the item plus ad-on speakers from Polk Audio. Polk is a DEIX company now. Polk has good reputation.

See also that Harmon Kardon is listed as one of the XM ready receivers. Another California Representative Jane Harmon has a big interest in that company. We can count on our congressional representatives to always look out for their own vested interests. As such is the case, we will go along for the ride if we own some stock in their companies .
    Last edited by deewcom; 08-15-2008 at 05:49 PM.

Mentor
    10-20-2008, 08:05 PM #5
    DEIX hit it's 52 week low of .65 again today on really low volume of only 59,000 shares - although it's average volume is only 45,000.....
    Last edited by Demian; 10-20-2008 at 08:10 PM.

Mentor
    10-21-2008, 02:45 PM #6
    DEIX just hit another new 52 week low today of .62 on triple it's normal volume......trading at .64 now.