Page 4 of 5 ... 2345
    12-07-2010, 01:41 PM #31
    Too bad Danforth wasn't as bright when he championed Thomas for the Supreme Court.

One of the biggest miscarriages of "justice" ever re the court.

Legend
    12-07-2010, 01:44 PM #32
    Totally agree. I was going to pull out that fact when and if S&L tried to question Danforth's Conservative credentials.

His silence i think indicates that Siriuslywrong might have realized his statements were SERIOUSLY WRONG .

Guru
    12-07-2010, 01:59 PM #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    Totally agree. I was going to pull out that fact when and if S&L tried to question Danforth's Conservative credentials.

His silence i think indicates that Siriuslywrong might have realized his statements were SERIOUSLY WRONG .
    How about my silence was running an errand and grabbing some lunch.

Here is a piece of an article I just posted under "Obama Caves" in regards to taxing the rich.

"Republicans for the last two years have played stonewall with the majority party Democrats, and it appears overall to have worked. Republicans couldn’t halt the passage of federal health care reform, true. But I don’t think Republicans have compromised a single piece of their agenda, an agenda Dems have criticized by using The Party Of No phrase to describe Republicans."

It is clear that IF the republicans could have affected the legislation, they WOULD have; hence my choice of words
    Last edited by SiriuslyLong; 12-07-2010 at 02:19 PM. Reason: To make it easy to read for Lloyd.

Legend
    12-07-2010, 02:23 PM #34
    Hope you had a tasty lunch. Lol.

I believe you made a general statement and were not referring simply to one piece of legislation.
    And besides shouldnt the Democratic party which was elected to a majority positon in ALL branches of the govt, have the ability to pass some of what they ran on? Where i come from thats called Democracy.

Once again, what you said was a complete exaggeration, but if you want to go with this idea that "the Republicans were basically helpless", then go ahead. There is a tremendous amount of evidence to the contrary.

"the Republicans have played stonewall with the majority party Democrats, and
    it appears overall to have worked" Exactly. Doesnt sound like they were "helpless" to me
    They did affect the overall legislation. We didnt get a public option. Republicans and
    blue dog Democrats were able to stop it. Imagine if they werent able to force the
    Democrats to have to get 60 votes to pass every piece of legislation.

Do you know who John Danforth is?
    Last edited by Havakasha; 12-07-2010 at 02:35 PM.

Guru
    12-07-2010, 02:41 PM #35
    Hope you had a tasty lunch. Lol.

You made a general statement and were not referring simply to one piece of legislation. And besides shouldnt the Democratic party which was elected to a majority positon in ALL branches of the govt, have the ability to pass some of what they ran on? Where i come from thats called
    Democracy.

Do you know who John Danforth is?
    You make my point for me. Remember, I was a proponent of Obama. I thought he would be non partisan and unite the parties. YES, I WAS NAIVE!!! Democracy is more than saying, "I won".

John Danforth? John C. Danforth is former Republican senator from Missouri, who served five terms in the U.S. Senate and is one of the most respected persons in the Senate and is leading authority on foreign policy.

Legend
    12-07-2010, 02:47 PM #36
    Now I am totally confused. You are starting to argue like John. Everyone right now from the Democratic side is arguing that Obama is too much of a compromiser and you are somehow trying to argue the opposite. Hilarious. You dont read very well. I said shouldnt the Democrats be able to "pass some of what they want". The fact is everything passed has been a compromise.
    I know you love to argue and have a difficult time admitting to being wrong () but you're changing the subject once again after being caught making an unsupportable statement. "The Republicans were basically helpless." For the umpteenth time, the evidence just doesnt prove that.

So, you had no idea who John Danforth was. Confirmed. Lol.
    Someone who has such strong opinions with such an utter lack of knowledge
    of political history. Baaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!

Kind of a perfect demonstration of whats wrong with this country right now. A lot of
    spouting without enough facts. I will never forget how you didnt know that under
    Bush the Republicans controlled both the House and Senate for 6 years. That was
    a very known fact from the past 8 years.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 12-07-2010 at 02:55 PM.

Guru
    12-07-2010, 03:03 PM #37
    Nice edit.

You are arguing a choice of words. It's silly, but I should come to expect that from you - a highly partisan democrat. At least Atypical goes behind party politics. It makes for a much better discussion.

Legend
    12-07-2010, 03:11 PM #38
    Remember the subject was about whether Dems have compromised
    or not.

Damn, and i thought it was an argument over a concept not words.
    Im getting dizzy how you worked that one.
    ooh that hurts. im simply a partisan Democrat huh? Silly.
    And you are a partisan what?

Sorry but i cant stop mystelf from showing some of the gaps in your political
    knowledge. I know its a cheap shot, but i think its revealiing nonetheless.

You still havent refuted that the health care legislation was a compromise, that
    Democrats havent gotten everything they wanted , that Republicans ARENT helpeless,
    or that the Republican right wing has become very extreme.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 12-07-2010 at 03:18 PM.

Guru
    12-07-2010, 03:16 PM #39
    We've already talked about Michelle Bachman. I had mentioned that she was bitching about being shut out during a committee meeting, and you interjected that she was a conservative wacko from MN. No, you didn't discuss the reason her ideas were being shut out.........

I worked nothing.

Here are the words, "The Republicans were basically helpless". It only seems logical that if they WEREN"T helpless, they would have done something. Do you see it yet?

Oh that's right, you are devoid of common sense and logic

Guru
    12-07-2010, 03:23 PM #40

Sorry but i cant stop mystelf from showing some of the gaps in your political
    knowledge. I know its a cheap shot, but i think its revealiing nonetheless.
    Look, slow down, post your thoughts, and stop EDITING. It's insane. I can't keep up.

The cheap shots are inherent. Remember this gem, "Liberals seek to insult and discredit anyone who dares to disagree with them....."

You can find that here.

http://www.armchairviews.com/commie.htm

Page 4 of 5 ... 2345