11-28-2010, 09:43 PM #1

XM at Home - Sirius in Car dilemma

Hi all,

I apologize if this question has been asked before, but I can't seem to find a recent answer on the web, so thought I would ask the Sirius forum.

I purchased a Jeep, and my year's Sirius subscription will be expiring soon. I only listen to the music stations...never listen to Stern or the various sports and talk programs.

Prior to purchasing the Jeep, I bought an XM Inno, along with the Belkin Portable radio. My hope was to be able to use the Inno at work, but unfortunately I get no service. To make matters worse, my company blocks streaming at work, so I was left to record programs at home and play back the following day. I enjoy the portable radio at home as I can bring the radio to the beach or place outside. Just wish the Inno battery life was better!

I have the following questions and would appreciate any bit of feedback/advice.

- Since my vehicle came pre-installed w/ Sirius, and since the merger, can I request XM for the car or does it have to remain Sirius?

- If no to above, does Sirius XM offer the multiple radio discount with Sirius in the car and XM at home?

- Is it worth trying to cancel XM, and switch to a portable Sirius radio to receive the Sirius multiple radio discount?

- I currently pay month to month, via auto bill pay for XM - are there any pros to paying long-term such as quarterly or yearly?

- Lastly, are there any current promos worth checking?

Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.

Head Honcho
    11-29-2010, 02:20 PM #2
    Quote Originally Posted by ackack View Post
    - Since my vehicle came pre-installed w/ Sirius, and since the merger, can I request XM for the car or does it have to remain Sirius?
    Not without changing out the receiver. Sirius is still Sirius and XM is still XM.

- If no to above, does Sirius XM offer the multiple radio discount with Sirius in the car and XM at home?
    No.

- Is it worth trying to cancel XM, and switch to a portable Sirius radio to receive the Sirius multiple radio discount?
    I think you save about $3-$4 per month with a multi radio discount.

- I currently pay month to month, via auto bill pay for XM - are there any pros to paying long-term such as quarterly or yearly?
    There are discounts for prepaying longer terms.

- Lastly, are there any current promos worth checking?.
    Sirius XM holiday deals can be found here; http://shop.sirius.com/edealinv/serv...640&cid=TopNav

Tss-Radio cyber Monday deals can be found here; http://siriusbuzz.com/cyber-monday-s...adio-deals.php
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

11-29-2010, 03:44 PM #3
    Thanks for getting back to me regarding my Sirius/XM questions.

Rather than completely cancel the XM subscription and then sell my Inno and portable boom box, I asked XM if they could offer anything and the rep mentioned the $77/year deal. I gladly accepted so I will continue to have XM at home and on the go.

As for Sirius in my car - do you know if their reps are willing to offer any discounts if people threaten to cancel? Are you aware of any current subscription promotions?

Many thanks

Head Honcho
    11-29-2010, 04:17 PM #4
    I have heard of plenty of people getting deals because they threaten to cancel. It shouldn't be too hard to work a deal.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder